It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo evidence for an altered Bible verse - Mandela Effect ramifications...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Greetings to all who are curious about the Mandela Effect...

Firstly, a disclaimer of sorts, regarding intellectual honesty, credulity, critical inquiry & pseudo-skepticism. I've been a member of this site for a long time, and over the years I've learned a few things about the way things happen on the internet, and on ATS in particular. Here in this twisting, turning, fascinating & strange rabbit hole/ global terminus of unusual information that we know (& love) as ATS, occasionally there appears evidence of a concerted, deliberate, persistant, dogged & haranguing scourge known as pseudo-skepticism. The reasons for this are many and varied, but when encountered, the critical mind must weigh not only the balance of the subject matter being targeted by the pseudo-skeptic crowds (who tend to 'mob' a thread or topic in defined 'packs' over a period of time) - but one must also weigh whether the aggressive stance of a group of apparent pseudo-skeptics towards the criticism of a topic/person is in fact intellectually dishonest. Can you trust the 'crowd' which is persistently, doggedly, unceasingly haranguing those thread participants who believe in the reality of a phenomeon, do you go along with the flow for fear of standing out, or do you engage your critical thinking & discern that there is a definite element of possibility concerning the potential reality of a phenomenon, particularly if the science which would permit such to occur is in fact at the event horizon of our present best scientific knowledge & theories? This is really, really important. We can all agree that something like the Mandela Effect would seem remarkably improbable, especially so if you haven't experienced it - but our best scientific knowledge DOES provide for the potential reality of the phenomenon as being something which occurs at the quantum level, connected to the Many Worlds theory perhaps, bizarre enough that it manifests as inexplicable macro-events which have a real and contiguous effect on the psychology of the people experiencing & describing the effect, coherently & in large groups, ascribing to the same 'alternative' macro-events in a statistically highly improbable manner. All that is required in assessing the claims of those who experience these effects, and the claims they have made, is intellectual honesty & scientific agnosticism. Until we as a race have fully explored & developed our understanding of the phenomenonally strange world of sub-quantum physics, and all that the effects we witness there entail, scientific agnosticism & intellectual honesty demand that we conclude that a claimed Mandela Effect macro-event, is treated as both potentially real, and potentially unreal.

With all that said, here is the Mandela Effect that appears to demonstrate a very convincing 'bleed-through' of a Bible verse which has been changed, according to the memory of a number of well-versed Christians, myself included.

We are looking at Proverbs 26:10, as it appears in two separate but well-known translations of the Bible; the King James version, and the New International version. Now it's important to note that the King James version came first, back in the middle ages, and the New International version was derived hierarchically from the King James version, in the twentieth century. The apparent change which can be seen here is more sinister than tha changes which have previously been reported as occurring, principally because the context of the verse has ENTIRELY changed, and the meaning of the verse has ENTIRELY changed - with quite significant theological ramifications.

First, the New International version - recall this was derived from the King James version:

Proverbs 26:10

Like an archer who wounds at random
is one who hires a fool or any passer-by.

Now this is as I & many others remember it - the meaning is clear, the metaphorical lesson intended is obvious. It makes sense.

Second, the King James version, from which the above verse was allegedly derived:

Proverbs 26:10

The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors.

Do you see the contradiction? It is flagrant. The NIV meaning couldn't possibly have been derived from the extant King James meaning, not in a thousand translations would any translator perceive the sequence of interpretation which led to the apparent change from one meaning to another. The entire context is changed; the actual meaning of the words is totally changed - and worryingly, the LESSON is changed.

The King James version is not only different to that which is remembered by many Christians - the theological ramifications are significant, and what this might tell us about the possible ultimate purpose of the Mandela Effect is highly disconcerting..

If the King James version is taken as authoritative for the communication of the lessons whihc the Bible as it is commonly known seeks to convey, then there is a statement in the Bible which contradicts absolutely the majority of all other lessons which have been derived from other passages over the course of hundreds, thousands of years. Yes, there are elements of confusion in Scripture which are well known & have been discussed many times. However, this is found in the most commonly known 'wisdom book' of the entire canon. In the King James version, we are told, unequivocally (there is no shade of 'possible interpretation' here) that God rewards foolish and/or wicked people. That is NOT Biblical, in any way, shape or form. It is an entire theme of Christian doctrine, that people are to turn away from foolishness and/or wicked behaviour, specifically BECAUSE it displeases God. How therefore could the original writer have countenanced making such a blatantly theologically errant statement, in a book purported to be a collection of wise sayings connected to the theme of Judaic interpretation of a God who asks them to turn awaqy from foolishness & sinfulness? It is utterly absurd, and to my mind it is yet another notch on the staff which adds up to proof that something highly aberrant is taking place in our reality. What is more, that strange, aberrant phenomenon is now actively altering the theological doctrine of one of the most impactful spiritual traditions ever to have existed.

Does this mean that the subtle changes (to iconic features of our cultural identity, such as movies, books & the lives of celebrities) we have been witnessing, were somehow caused as a dry run for the attempt to actually alter an entire spiritual tradition, and by so doing spreading falsehood concerning the nature & character of God? I think it does. I believe this, because if it were so, then it would be a MAJOR effect which could be considered the most impactful Mandela Effect of them all. Also, these effects which have been noted in regards to Scripture, have been staggered in their discovery - the apparent changes have not occurred simultaneously; this is a 'frog in a pot' situation, in terms of motive. Little by little, changes are being applied, people are getting used to not trusting their memory, or are having severe doubts over the validity of their spiritual faith & heritage. This could escalate to become an EXISTENTIAL CRISIS for many Christians, in time.

Continued...

edit on AugustMonday1618CDT09America/Chicago-050031 by FlyInTheOintment because: Mandela Effect...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We are in the dark about who, or what, is causing the Mandela Effect. Or at least, that would appear to be the case. With this latest development, and the cumulative weight of apparent evidence that significant, world-changing effects are being applied to the doctrine of one of the world's most important religious traditions, are we in fact being given a glimpse at who, or what, is actually responsible?

Some people believe that this is being caused by scientists at CERN. Others believe it is 'star beings'. Others consider God to be the root cause of the effect. Still others believe that D-Wave quantum computing is causing it. However, noting what is happening - to ONLY ONE of the world's spiritual traditions - then the beginnings of an answer, may be coming into focus. It is being perpetrated by enemies of Christ & the church. That is all we can surmise for now, because there is no way to directly draw a line between any particular entity/entities, and the effect itself such as is being manipulated by them/ it. Indeed, this effect is so subtle, so strange, that in itself it cannot be proven to even exist - let alone speak of whom or what it causing it.

The intuition of many Christians is that the enemy of Christ which is causing the Mandela Effect, is the enemy which has been described by the total body of Judeo-Christian Scripture & commentary over the past 3000 years.. A fallen cherub, one of the most powerful beings in the Cosmos, which has been somehow tied to our reality through a spiritual process which was unleashed when 'he' turned away from the Creator. This cannot be proven, obviously - even many Christians don't believe in an actual 'Devil' these days. As for me personally, I've had some very spooky & weird experiences over the past 25 years, and for my part, I can bear witness that demonic powers do indeed exist. Of course, I don't expect you to take my word for it - you would have to experience it for yourself before you might be convinced of that reality. Nevertheless, it would seem to 'fit', in a logical way, to the data regarding the Mandela Effect which is coming forward into public awareness at this time. In the Scriptures then, what is said about this enemy of Christ? Well, he is the "prince of the powers of the air", the "god of this world", and in the 'End Times' eschatology of the Christian faith (the Book of Revelation, the book of Daniel - the Apocalypse/ Armageddon) it is reported that he will "purpose in his heart to change the times & the laws".

Well - changes to the 'times' & the 'laws'.

Interesting.

With that, I bid you good morrow, and would like to encourage you if you are a Christian, or if you are open-minded & concerned about what this all may mean. Power over this world, so we are taught, is fallen into the hands of an adversary to the eternal God of all things. Therefore, changes to the times, and the laws, are only temporal, not eternal. The Great Delusion, which is also referenced in Scripture as being a portent, a precursor to the actual End of Days, is apparently upon us. Keep the faith, and run the race. God is with you - closer than a brother - if you call on Him. Fare well in these troubling times.

Please note: The photo evidence of the changes to the Scripture described in the title of the thread, will be forthcoming as soon as the Uploads feature of 'My ATS' stops glitching & allows me to actually upload the files. Don't be cynical & state that because of this they don't exist, they do - but ATS is playing silly games at present.

PS - I will not be engaging with the pseudo-skeptic crowd. They will gleefully rip me for this statement, but I know where I'm at with all of this, so it's up to them if they want to continue with the behaviour that I & many others have now come to expect when discussing this topic. Earn their pay/ have their fun - makes no difference to the Truth, even if we aren't actually sure what that is yet...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just for fun, while I try to sort out the uploads...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
yes, the niv is the worst of them all....with 18 missing verses.....

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have now emailed the webmaster & staff of ATS with attachments of the two photos, to request that they look into why I'm unable to upload them.

I have requested that they edit my second post on my behalf in order to add the two photos in question if they're unable to see why I can't upload them.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Is that it, one verse
There are quite a few books in the Catholic bible that are not in the Protestant version

One verse, one issue that you are questioning, suggesting the mandella effect, I am somewhat staggered by this mandella effect stuff

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Maybe so, but none of them are Proverbs 26:10.

The meaning of this verse has been altered, apparently, as described in my OP...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No, there are many apparent Mandela Effect changes to the Bible. I've highlighted this one because of the theological implications. It's a very significant alteration to the doctrine of the Judeo-Christian tradition. As I said, this is a 'frog in a pot' situation, little by little people are noticing changes. It would appear to be a strategy.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The NIV is a satanic book. It says that Jesus was the one who was cast out of heaven rather than lucifer. It leaves many verses out and changes many others. I recommend the following video.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
@OP

Personally i would not worry about the mandella effect because its all related to Law of Attraction.

Every second, every spirit on this planet jumps to and fro between multiple physical versions of themselves. The shift depends upon how their spirit feels.

Good spirits helping others jumps to a slightly better version of Earth. Nasty spirits jump to versions that suddenly elect Hillary Clinton and a nuke drops on their head.

Its all contained in Quantum Mechanics and infinite parallel universes. As you said, the D-Wave 2048 computer is trying to create a perfect Utopia.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Photo evidence?

Did I miss something?

I see no photos.

walls of text and a couple of quotes, no photo.

Photo evidence for an altered Bible verse

And here I thought you had a photo of the same bible, that had changed somehow.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You know what is so great about the Mandela Effect?
That Christians are learning about computers and science!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

the NIV and all its rederings are not taken from the same text of the AV nor are they God inspired and preserved. It is a religious Elite rendering taken from the same 2% text found in a garbage can in Alexandria Egypt. The Sinticanus and the Vaticanus both found very recently

edit on 22-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

We have a few resident experts on biblical history so I'm interested if any chime in.

Me personally I think it's all nonsense though I'm willing to be educated.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join