It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Told F.B.I. Colin Powell Advised Her to Use Private Email

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This story from the NYTimes is saying Hillary told the FBI that former Secretary of State Colin Powell advised her to use private email for non-classified messaging !!!

Hillary apparently was "advised" by Powell at a dinner.

The article from the NYTimes cites their source as:

according to a person with direct knowledge of Mr. Powell’s appearance in the documents, who would not speak for attribution

And there's mention of some book.

This sounds like a typical Campaign trick imo.

And Powell himself does not remember any such conversation.

Remember too, Powell did use a commercial email account, but no private system like Hillary's.

And, the State Department apparently had no general email system rules at the time Powell was SoS.

This is very interesting.

(Powell's Response)
Powell Fires Back to Hillary’s FBI Interview: I Used Secured State Computer to Access Classified Emails

(be aware the NYTimes article has a Hillary video at the beginning that has nothing to do with the email scandals)
Hillary Clinton Told F.B.I. Colin Powell Advised Her to Use Private Email

Pressed by the F.B.I. about her email practices at the State Department, Hillary Clinton told investigators that former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell had advised her to use a personal email account

The account is included in the notes the Federal Bureau of Investigation handed over to Congress on Tuesday, relaying in detail the three-and-a-half-hour interview with Mrs. Clinton in early July that led to the decision by James B. Comey, the bureau’s director, not to pursue criminal charges against her.

Separately, in a 2009 email exchange that also emerged during the F.B.I. questioning, Mrs. Clinton, who had already decided to use private email, asked Mr. Powell about his email practices when he was the nation’s top diplomat under George W. Bush, according to a person with direct knowledge of Mr. Powell’s appearance in the documents, who would not speak for attribution.

The journalist Joe Conason first reported the conversation between Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Powell in his coming book about Bill Clinton’s postpresidency, “Man of the World: The Further Endeavors of Bill Clinton,” which The Times received an advanced copy of.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Beautiful! So once again, it's someone else's fault. Has she ever admitted to anything wrong, or does she just "intend" to do the right thing every time and somehow it has terrible consequences?

Presidential Hopeful "Pantsuit" is rotten to the core.

edit on 19-8-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
She will throw anyone under the bus to cast the blame away from herself.
Make me feel real confident in her ability to lead.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
so Hillary is blaming a black man.

that's so racist!!!!

I need a safe space to decompress from Hillary's racist statement...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In a shocking development Hillary is lying...

Colin Powell does not remember telling her...eg she lied but I'm sure her supporters will not let facts get in the way of their dogma
www.politico.com...

-Christosterons

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Another 10,000 votes for anybody else. You'd think with all the mistakes that she makes that she would have some humility about her, such is not the case.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

At least she didn't say some dead guy told her to do it.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

She will make you heel.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Is it not perfectly obvious to all witnessing this that Hillary Clinton would be another "blame everything on someone else, accept ZERO responsibility at all times" POTUS in the same mold as Obama if she's elected? :rolleyes:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wait...Hillary told a lie about Colin Powell???
BALDERDASH!

Who are you gonna believe?
edit on 19-8-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Powell, who sold everyone on attacking Iraq with his little yellow vial speech in the UN.

He 'advises' Hillary to use a pirate server, uh huh.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hill is so obvious now . If there was ever any doubt about politicians being guilty of lying then just refer to the Hill of 2016 . You would think that the GOP would have a cake walk to the POTUS this cycle . Hey Americans , remember ,the rest of the world is watching and taking notes ,and are quickly running out of popcorn to boot .

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I hope Colin Powell tells her to jump off a bridge next.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Wait...Hillary told a lie about Colin Powell???
BALDERDASH!

Who are you gonna believe?

I tend to believe Colin Powell over Hillary.

So what we have here is a story that has Hillary lying to the FBI when they questioned her.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I can predict FBI Director Comey's response if questioned would be she didn't really lie, she was just "extremely careless" with the facts.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This is obviously leaked from the Democrats supporting
Hillary. They think this was a smart idea?

This makes her look very ...er ...dumb.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Classic guilt move. Instinct to point fingers and deflect or soften the blow.

This is better than Saturday night live

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

She's clearly lying, at best fabricating the truth because Colin would never tell her to use a private email server for anything classified, ever.
edit on 19-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

C'mon, let's get the terminology correct here. Not "dumb", "extremely careless".

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

This is better than Saturday night live

She has become her own caricature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join