It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been Away, Haven't Seen You In Awhile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
How have you been?

I took a sabbatical from the Internet for a few months. I was in need of a reboot. New perspective. Social media has gone crazy. I totally cut myself off from all of it. Did not even peek. Then the other day I decided to at least get a glimpse of certain web sites (no social media) and since ATS has always been my favorite conspiracy site here I am again.

I wrote a couple of OPS and one of them was about a world anthem that got poo-pooed pretty good. It was a nice sentiment, but it seems that the world is just not ready, besides as it was so articulately pointed out to me "We Are The World" beat me to it. Too bad it never stuck, since the world has really only got worse, but hey, what can I do to keep this world from imploding when so many just really do not care and seem hell bent on making sure it goes all the way to MIDNIGHT on that atomic clock.

I will just do my part at least. There is this song that plays over and over in my head and while it has more to do with a couple and their relationship, I think the words can be applied to at least the relationships here at ATS, and since I have been gone, How have you been?

"We Just Disagree"

Been away, haven't seen you in a while
How've you been, have you changed your style?
And do you think that we've grown up differently?
Don't seem the same, seems you've lost your feel for me
So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye
There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy
There's only you and me and we just disagree
Ooh-hoo-hoo, oh-oh-ho
I'm going back to a place that's far away
How bout you, have you got a place to stay?
Why should I care when I'm just trying to get along?
We were friends, but now it's the end of our love song
Ooh-hoo-hoo, oh-oh-ho
Ooh-hoo-hoo, oh, oh-oh-ho

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Welcome back! We all have threads that get shot down fast - don't let it affect any "pep in your step". You took a chance and put yourself out there, that's more than some people can say.

I think the world is far too divided right now for any type of (positive) anthem, maybe in 10 years if our leaders can stop the endless wars and corporate corruption.

Anyway, it's good to see you back here.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Welcome back! We all have threads that get shot down fast - don't let it affect any "pep in your step". You took a chance and put yourself out there, that's more than some people can say.

I think the world is far too divided right now for any type of (positive) anthem, maybe in 10 years if our leaders can stop the endless wars and corporate corruption.

Anyway, it's good to see you back here.

You misunderstood, it didn't bother me, it just reminded me. Thanks for the welcome back though. I just have a few things to get out of my system. It helps to write the emotions so that they are not stuck in me. The break was good and it put many things in perspective for me. Watching the Olympics and seeing the different cultures has, also, put some things in perspective. Overall, I think that has been pleasant with the exception of not shaking hands with an Israeli and the fiasco with those stupid swimmers. Maybe if we treated every day like it was the Olympics we could get past all the hateful actions.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

You took a chance and put yourself out there, that's more than some people can say.

I am glad I was too curious to exit ATM when I intended to. I just wanted to take a peek at this one, as the heading caught my eye.

This was an interesting read. It left me with questions. And it gave me some answers.

FamCore, didn't you have an Avatar picture of a guy with half a head? (That didn't come out right, but you know what I mean.) If that isn't you, then my apologies for mixing you up with someone else, who was one of the reasons why I have never written a thread beyond the Intro. I was afraid of being easily and quickly shot down, as some do seem to take pleasure in such discourse. Thank you for giving me a different perspective here.

Searcherfortruth, I was thinking the same thing that you said about the Olympics

Maybe if we treated every day like it was the Olympics we could get past all the hateful actions

Nicely put. Welcome back...

Fishy

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

was it any of these? I switch my Avatar up somewhat frequently

At any rate, I'm glad that it sounds like you're recognizing you have no need to be apprehensive about writing a thread if the reason is because you don't think people will agree or like it. This is ATS - there are tons of opinionated people, and some people come on here just to disagree or start an argument. You will never have everyone love or agree with you, so just be yourself and at least you know you stayed true to yourself, your principles, your goals, etc.

I hope to see a thread from you in the future, I will make it a point to check your Profile and see if new ones are being authored. (and I WON'T be a troll/arguer/jerk on the thread either, you have my word).

Anyway, I hope to see you on the forums either way. *respect*

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Thank you, see you around!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Thanks, take care.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Actually, no, it wasn't any of those but I remember them now. THAT's why your name stood with me. Regardless of how you spell it, I liked the Kaballah glyph and the rest of it. Very interesting.

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, now I remember you. Nice person, you...

Fishy

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Welcome back.

top topics

join