It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept. says $400 million cash payment to Iran was contingent on American prisoners' release

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
FoxNews just played a video of John Kerry and President Obama swearing on their mother's grave that the $400 million dollars was NOT connected to the hostage release. It was just coincidence.

I knew these guys had to be smooth liars in order to move up in the Democratic ranks, but the ease with which they looked at their audience, and at the camera to tell this lie is stunning to see.. absolutely STUNNING! And just think.. Hillary Clinton has the same belief system as Kerry and Obama.

I do hope that most Americans are ready to install integrity and honesty at the top levels of our government. If America elects Donald Trump, we will be REWARDED with talented leaders who respect our intelligence, and strive to give us their very best! The alternative is another lying Administration that thinks we're all gullible, lazy, buffoons. We can prove them WRONG by having the COURAGE to try something different!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
So it wasn't ransom, but it was ransom. Obama didn't lie, but he did lie. The SD was telling the truth when they weren't telling the truth, but they weren't telling the truth when they were telling the truth. Am I understanding this correctly?

Now I know why it's called "spin" cause my head is definitely spinning.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
FoxNews just played a video of John Kerry and President Obama swearing on their mother's grave that the $400 million dollars was NOT connected to the hostage release. It was just coincidence.

I knew these guys had to be smooth liars in order to move up in the Democratic ranks, but the ease with which they looked at their audience, and at the camera to tell this lie is stunning to see.. absolutely STUNNING! And just think.. Hillary Clinton has the same belief system as Kerry and Obama.

I do hope that most Americans are ready to install integrity and honesty at the top levels of our government. If America elects Donald Trump, we will be REWARDED with talented leaders who respect our intelligence, and strive to give us their very best! The alternative is another lying Administration that thinks we're all gullible, lazy, buffoons. We can prove them WRONG by having the COURAGE to try something different!

I found it particularly distasteful that Obama talked bout his 'heart break' when talking to the families of hostages... all the time he was lying about what happened.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Trump is right, these people are stupid.

The hostages should have been released before ANY talks were started.

It seems like the whole damn Nuke deal was a ransom.

$150 bil plus the extra in cash. Forget the other BS Hillary, Kerry and Obama caved to.

Obama released 19 Iranian spies too!!

WTF is wrong with these people?!

The Dems be fallin real hard.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The money was legally owed Iran; there had already been meetings re the hostages. This ultimate deal was a good thing; Iran gave up hostages for their own money already owed them. This is important on the world stage. Of course, back home, if it had not gone this way, if it was giving back Iran's money without getting anything in return, the headlines would have screamed, "Weak Obama Gets Nothing In Return!".

Those who are in the Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran camp will not change their mind. The rest will be persuaded to, when words like "ransom" are used.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert
The money was legally owed Iran; there had already been meetings re the hostages. This ultimate deal was a good thing; Iran gave up hostages for their own money already owed them. This is important on the world stage. Of course, back home, if it had not gone this way, if it was giving back Iran's money without getting anything in return, the headlines would have screamed, "Weak Obama Gets Nothing In Return!".

Those who are in the Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran camp will not change their mind. The rest will be persuaded to, when words like "ransom" are used.

The legal entitlement to the money is a red herring. The US govt made the delivery of cash a condition of a hostage release, so by that very act they made the call that they would NOT pay, regardless of the law, if the hostages were not released. It was a negotiation for hostages, which Obama said did not happen.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You do realize that trump is a lobbyist and that the last time hostages were exchanged with Iran it was Reagan selling Iran Weapons right? It seems its the general foriegn policy the US has taken over many adminiatrations making miatake after mistake in the middle east. Just like the coup in 1953 the cia orchestrated for oil companies, the fall of the shah during Carter which created the hostage crisis and so on and on and on.
edit on 19-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

You do realize that trump is a lobbyist and that the last time hostages were exchanged with Iran it was Reagan selling Iran Weapons right? It seems its the general foriegn policy the US has taken over many adminiatrations making miatake after mistake in the middle east. Just like the coup in 1953 the cia orchestrated for oil companies, the fall of the shah during Carter which created the hostage crisis and so on and on and on.

Nothing to do with Obama paying hostage money in his negotiations with terrorists.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It actually does when people think this has never happened before and have no idea how at fault the us is for the Iranian situation to begin with.

Its clealy a pattern over 60's years we have been severely making mistakes in this policy. A republican president is every bit as likely to make dubious mistakes in middle eastern policy leading to disasters.

This particular thing is a drop in the bucket of a lot of dirty water and its being politically trolled that its only the democrats who do this lying and covering up.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hi! I happened to notice the saying on your posts about "why did God create Hitler" and wanted to say something: God created Adam and Eve. After they fell from the garden of Eden then they had children. Also, even if we were to say that being born is essentially being created by God...then God still did not create hitler...hitler was born an innocent baby but during his life HE CHOSE to follow an evil path. He had the opportunity not to choose evil. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

It actually does when people think this has never happened before and have no idea how at fault the us is for the Iranian situation to begin with.

Its clealy a pattern over 60's years we have been severely making mistakes in this policy. A republican president is every bit as likely to make dubious mistakes in middle eastern policy leading to disasters.

This particular thing is a drop in the bucket of a lot of dirty water and its being politically trolled that its only the democrats who do this lying and covering up.

You've been talking a lot in this thread about the history over decades. I am trying to understand the point you are making but can;t quite see it. Not sure previous circumstances that led to Obama paying ransom money and lying profusely about it, including to the parents of the hostages, are really that important.

It's just been reported also that Iran Air, who were previously sanctioned as a terrorist outfit, were taken off the sanctioned list the day before the exchange and used as part of the money drop. The entire Iran deal seems to have wrapped together with hostages to the extent they seem to have been using them as leverage. Obama paid up.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

How did Reagan get the hostages back from Hamas? Those same hostages a Supreme court finally awarded money to in a ruling everyone is concerned about.

My point is Obama didnt create the lie to the public idea with Iran. Nearly every president since Trueman has lied to the public about Iran. Eisenhower and Kennedy being in the minority about the situation. At some point we need to resolve the mess we very much had a hand in creating, (taking in account Nixon and Ford lavish puppet routine with the Shah that led the country into hyper inflation while he was playing the role of Mary Antoinette triggering the revolution in Iran).

Obama is a terrible leader but I have my doubts this deal has anything to do with the Obama administration. This is a policy the goes beyond the presidency.
edit on 19-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava
why bring that up in this thread.? if you feel that God does not know everything we're going to do from the day he creates us, send me a private message or something.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
OK...so lets clear this up once and for all. The 400 million was not initially a paid ransom but became a paid ransom when the release of the individuals was added to the result of the payment. Yet again...Obama lied and we DO pay terrorists and ransoms. But because he doesn't WANT you to believe that...he lies and all his little minions nod their heads in approval.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Everybody has debt, even I have debts. I bought my house for 630k. I downed 80k. I owe 550k. That doesn't mean the banks own me. Same thing for a real estate developer. They don't finance all the cost. They leverage loans for their projects. Why would he use his own money when he can use lenders to expand faster and use his money for other investments.
edit on 21-8-2016 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Today, the Obama Administration said that $1.3 BILLION more dollars to IRAN, just 2 days after the $400 Million was sent for release of U.S. hostages.

Source: www.msn.com...

So what happened? The U.S. wanted to make sure the hostages were in decent physical/mental shape before sending the rest of the ransom???

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Today, the Obama Administration said that $1.3 BILLION more dollars to IRAN, just 2 days after the $400 Million was sent for release of U.S. hostages.

So what happened? The U.S. wanted to make sure the hostages were in decent physical/mental shape before sending the rest of the ransom???

They were making $99,999,999.99 payments a month for 13 months!!

By WIRE TRANSFER!

Obama and all his cronies said the reason for cash was that there were banking sanctions and they couldn't do it.

LIES!!!! lol!!! Friggin LIES! AGAIN!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

By WIRE TRANSFER!

Obama and all his cronies said the reason for cash was that there were banking sanctions and they couldn't do it.

Wow, they wired it? If that is true then Obama needs to be questioned and held account for is blatant lies.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

By WIRE TRANSFER!

Wow, they wired it? If that is true then Obama needs to be questioned and held account for is blatant lies.

We treat Iran BETTER than we treat Israel now, but Iran treats us like crap. Talk about a slap in the face, Obama!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I guess they've decided to come clean before Wiki-leaks, the Russians, or Guccifer, informed the world. All the other secret keepers (Hello Hillary?) should wise-up and follow suit.

doesn't it strike you as odd that all these entities you are relying on to be factual truth, are foreign?.....don't you possibly think (since we are on a conspiracy site) that these foreigners have a stake in seeing if they can bring down our government and throw it into chaos?.....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join