It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept. says $400 million cash payment to Iran was contingent on American prisoners' release

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Good grief that guy Trump is such a liar...wait...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
" we have been over this many times" ,, " this is old news",, are the democrats using these excuses still, they used it enough last week, it doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Shah was overthrown in the 70's. Can't pin it on Reagan.

Face it, Obama has this one. No other president is responsible.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Shah was overthrown in the 70's. Can't pin it on Reagan.

Face it, Obama has this one. No other president is responsible.

Reagan was caught trading weapons to iran during the embargo for.....hostages.

The shah was overthrown in 79 but the mission started in the 50's when iran was beginning to kick out oil companies and nationalize their fields.

I blame this on a steady bad us policy since lbj and even the roots of which were earlier.

If obama did anything illegal it certainly isnt new. He should be punished if prosecuted but who knows what the truth is. I dont trust the msm any more than a politician. I do know we have a history screwing up middle eastern foriegn policy.
edit on 18-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Amusing, ain't it?

The liberals on here and Hillary supporters on here hang on every lie Trump makes. Meanwhile, there's ample evidence of Hillary lying and Obama lying, to the point they're covering up doing business with sponsors of terror and the killing of American citizens yet.....

they sit there and want to argue Trump is the real threat.

At this point, any Hillary supporter is an outright troll or someone who probably can't tie their shoes on their own.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Amusing, ain't it?

The liberals on here and Hillary supporters on here hang on every lie Trump makes. Meanwhile, there's ample evidence of Hillary lying and Obama lying, to the point they're covering up doing business with sponsors of terror and the killing of American citizens yet.....

they sit there and want to argue Trump is the real threat.

At this point, any Hillary supporter is an outright troll or someone who probably can't tie their shoes on their own.

The real mystery is why you would believe trump, clinton, obama, bush, reagan or nixon. All of them have lied constantly. Its not a conservative liberal deal. Its divide and conquer.

Reagan if everyone here remembers sold weapons to Iran to free the last hostages. This is the modus operandi subversion and lies.

Meanwhile we ship off fighters and arms to the sauds. Yet only one conservative politician is trying to stop that.

Its all manufactured subversion.

In the 80's we were literally secretly selling weapons to Iran and backing and arming Iraq. Double dipping.
edit on 18-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I used to wonder at how any people could stand by and support a dictator or a tyrant.

Then I see people actually defending lies with no problem at all.

To a certain degree, it's frightening.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

a reply to: MysticPearl

I used to wonder at how any people could stand by and support a dictator or a tyrant.

Then I see people actually defending lies with no problem at all.

To a certain degree, it's frightening.

Sorry to bust your pity party but i havent seen anyone defend lies. I havent seen proof there was a ransom. Not like giving hamas money and selling weapons to iran.

The thing that baffles me is why anyone thinks Trump or any conservative would lie any less. If anything people should be pissed this has been going on for decades.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

No pity party,

Just making casual observations.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Seriously if you want to be pissed look at the hardware about to be sent to the Saudis. Both parties totally fine with it. (Minus Rand Paul).

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Seriously if you want to be pissed look at the hardware about to be sent to the Saudis. Both parties totally fine with it. (Minus Rand Paul).

All well and good.

The topic here is the US, lead by Obama paying ransom after weeks of leftists claiming that it wasn't so.

I haven't seen one mea culpa yet.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
So all of the sudden State wants to admit this was
indeed Quid Quo Pro.

What is really going on here? Did Obama lie?

Did a video surface to prove the lie?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ofcourse it was ransom. Obama lies like Hillay an they can get away with it.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Its a distraction is my point. This is hardly the worst thing if true that obama has done.

Not only that its done all the time. Both the lying and negotiotiating with stipulations.

My clients give me ransom when i complete their guitars.

I am far more upset about real things that are happening. Like currently funneling weapons to lunatics. As well as the myriad of obama mis steps.

Giving Iran a tiny portion of the money we have siezed feom them in a negotiation just isnt close to other masssive issues.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: beeyotch

another chance for the GOP to let us know if they have any integrity. hello GOP? perjury perjury

are they capable of doing anything more than working against their nominee Donald Trump?

edit on 8/18/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You want to think so little of it? Go right ahead.

I think it's a huge deal when politicians lie right to our faces and so many people eat it up.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You want to think so little of it? Go right ahead.

I think it's a huge deal when politicians lie right to our faces and so many people eat it up.

Thats on them.

I think its a huge deal when people make it that one team is less horrible than the other.

No. Ones candidate is going to fix it if they have an R or D funding the voting process.

Period...

They are the same.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Never said that one party will fix it.

Just that Obama lied. People stood by it, and are even today defending it.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Thanks Jack.
Contingent=dependent=leverage=ransom-extortion.
Gotcha. It's a good feeling to be occasionally right.

Does this make Obama closer to Carter for word-
crafting, or WAIT. Jimmy worked with a lot more
hostages, and Reagan and the crew convinced him
to hold off until after the election. NOW my brain hurts...

I guess for return on investment, in disregard of it
being a legitimate debt or not Jimmy wins the file
in the cake contest: for the media not finding most
of it out during or after the 'presents were exchanged'.

edit on 18-8-2016 by derfreebie because: My rain hurts because of the acid, I SWEAR

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Everyone lies. All of us. Me, you, Hillary, Trump etc. it is in our nature. Some lies don't hurt people, others do.

What sets Obama apart for me in this situation is his smugness. He was so arrogant when he responded to questions about this two weeks ago. He said he couldn't believe that people had the nerve to accuse him of this. Of course the money had nothing to do with the hostages he said, this deal was in the works for months. This isn't some nefarious plot out of a novel!

And then....

We find out that he did exactly what he was accused of. For those of you who think this wasn't a "ransom", my point is who cares? In fact for argument sake I will concede that. However, Obama didn't say "Look, this money wasn't a ransom payment, but we did intentionally hold off on giving it to them until the released the hostages". No, he arrogantly told us the money which was delivered at the same time had NOTHING, ZERO, ZIP, NADA to do with the the hostages, and he couldn't believe that anyone would question him.

This was a blatant lie, even if it wasn't ransom. This isn't a lie like I saw a video of a plane with money (Trump) or I was shot at by terrorists (Hillary), this was a lie about a serious policy decision directly to the American people.

And for those that don't think paying this would be that big of deal, or would be good to get the people back, fair enough, thats your belief. But Obama does think it would be a big deal. He said,

But those families know that we have a policy that we don't pay ransom. And the notion that we would somehow start now, in this high profile way and announce it to the world, even as we're looking into the faces of other hostage families, whose -- whose loved ones are held hostage, and say to them that we don't pay ransom, defies logic. That's point two. We don't pay ransom. We didn't here and we won't in the future. If we did, we would encourage Americans to be targeted. Much in the way of countries who do pay ransom have a lot more of their citizens taken by various groups.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I am sick and tired of this guy being such a smug liar. He lies over and over again about big issues, "If you like your plan you can keep it" "We will be the most transparent administration" etc. and he has the gall to be indignant when people don't take his word for gospel. I don't know how anyone with any dignity can defend this situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join