It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brainwave lucid dream entrainment giving me only nightmares

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

At first I was going to suggest that you stop using those being that they are giving you nightmares. But then I stated thinking that just maybe you could use that to your advantage maybe.

Not sure if there are any parts of your nightmares that repeat or not but if so that's even better. If not, that's probably ok too.

I'm wondering if you might be able to use the nightmares as a sort of trigger for yourself. The next time you're asleep and you start having a nightmare, try and use that as a way to remind yourself that your dreaming. That's where the repeated part might come in handy since whatever theme or character or whatever is repeated should make it even easier to kick in the trigger where you realize, "Hey, I know this (thing or dream or place or whatever). I'm dreaming right now!!"

So see if you can somehow turn it into your trigger signal since at least it's something reliable. Kinda sucks that it has to be a nightmare, but that won't matter if you're able to become lucid anyway. At that point you can change it or play with it or whatever.

For me there have always been 2 parts about Lucid Dreaming which are the real hurdles. First is the Trigger which is what I call the moment when something within your dream makes you realize something isn't right, that it's not your reality as normal when awake. That's your little window that if you notice it and realize what it is you can then become lucid.

The second hurdle is of course not bouncing myself awake at that point when you become lucid. Usually because I'm excited about it and I bounce myself back in to waking reality. It sux too because realizing that trigger doesn't happen very often for me so I just blew my chance and don't know when the next one will be.

So try using the nightmares as your trigger and see if that helps. But if it doesn't you should probably stop doing stuff that keeps giving you nightmares as it's eventually going to wear you down not getting good rest.
edit on 18-8-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't know what those videos are supposed to do, but "astral travel" and lucid dreaming are the product of having a vivid imagination, and being able to keep some of your conscious awareness into a dreamscape.

I'm uncertain which came first, my fascination and obsession from a young age with fast calculations, or the lucid dream experiences. They are both with my earliest memories.

One of the tricks to lucid dreaming, or being aware you're in the dream state, is to question your experience. The thing is this awareness to do so usually takes the logical center to be active, which simply isn't the case.

I suggest the innate capacity to do this comes from funky neurobiology... it's a talent, and I do think many who don't naturally do this can work on it, but these people seem to not get further along with it than those with the talent.

From my perspective, I'm very aware that experiences I've had, lessons I've learned, and my choice of using resources for both states enhances the other. As you become more aware in waking life, you become more aware in the dreamscape. As you learn in your dreams, you better apply this knowledge in reality.

Just don't get lost thinking it's something that it's clearly not.
edit on 18-8-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I keep having lucid dreams, I do nothing to start them but every time it happens I can only describe the sky being full of what looks like skyrim writing, and each time I try to fly it gets harder and harder. Now I only seem to be able to skim just above the ground. Oh sorry by skyrim I mean the game.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

It sounds like you're only becoming partially lucid. Like you're becoming aware your dreaming but for some reason not realizing you can be in control.

In a way that just makes for a really intense dream for the most part. Maybe even worse as it would seem to also include a sense of helplessness too.

Don't doubt that you are in control of your own mind. It's your dream. It will be what you will it to be. Don't think that, know it.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: Reverbs

Thanks for sharing all the details. It's obviously your home. Why is it still so chaotic and psychosis-like, there is no progress or you are feeding it?
I mean don't you fear that your subconscious is leaking into conscious mind but not the other way - like coming with a light into the dark room? I know I'd enjoy it too. It's better than cinema.
You obviously don't need the entrainment, especially not the second one. You may profit from 14.3Hz SMR and such

very astute.
Actually those dreams are something I'm still working through and psychosis is pretty spot on. Not that I was psychotic but I went through hell and back in 2015. I'm still coming back through the other side. For instance I have thought of my ex as a demon in waking life before the dream of her like that. haha.

I have this long standing urge to "escape my dream" that came from when I was lucid every night. Sort of create my own reality. My subconscious doesn't like that idea and knows I'm doing that..

so a running theme is I'm a rule breaker and authorities are always blocking me. Kind of like I'm trying to cheat my way into nirvana and the gate keepers just won't have it. Metaphorically speaking.

sometimes I don't learn lessons until it's way way way the hard way so I can have repetitive dreams for a time. I'm so stubborn I don't even want the laws of the universe to apply to me. Sort of the lucifer myth.. Sorry God LOL...

"14.3Hz SMR"

hmm what is this SMR ?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Sensorimotor rhythmSensorimotor rhythm
It's said to be present both in waking state and sleep when you don't move. Even thinking about (someone else's) movement disrupts these waves. The range 13-15 Hz gives you an opportunity to use this 14.3 Hz Schumann resonance. Promoting and training it will help you to restore healthy day/night rhythm and possibly cure Low-Wave disorders. You don't have to have a disorder to profit from this training. Low-wave disorder is simply present delta during the day. To name a few epilepsy and schizophrenia are typical. It's the animal brain, hypothalamus, amygdala etc. with all their fears and emotions affecting higher consciousness. And the dominant right hemisphere. Even ADHD brainwave cures aim at speeding up the left hemisphere. Heh, they prescribe stimulants to ADHD kids to slow them down, don't they?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

you put so many thoughts into little paragraphs.. I'll have to go do some research before I have a response.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I can't use it as a trigger. The last one made me walking around in panic yet it had no form, no picture, no sound.
I was not in the middle of some imagery or scenery. I just woke up in reaction absolutely sure about this thought - that these detonations are planned for this (possibly) ME region. You can't turn something like this into a nice lucid wandering fantasy.
I'm always in the position of the observer. Never absorbed in the middle of the dream from the bottom (lowest delta) up.
I blame the Buddhist training of "I'm not that". Sometimes I'm clearly thinking about everything aware of my body position all the time. It's sad if I actually got a sleep disorder from messing with brainwaves.

To get a picture: Imagine you have a wet dream. Your inner observer (you)) lets you enjoy it to the end but wakes you up soon enough to move your hand to do a measures so that you don't have to clean the sheets.
btw I believe everyone learned this ability to stop nocturnal enuresis as a child. An affirmation of a kind. Maybe actually a harmful one.
You know what, that's why we don't sleep well in foreign houses - because of the fear of the good ole piss

edit on 19/8/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: some more content

edit on 19/8/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: nothing to see here

edit on 19/8/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The summer is not meant to be the time of sleeping and dreaming anyway. How can I get to the fifth stage of sleep when I go to bed at 2am? Impossible. I'd set an alarm this morning and played one of those at 6am. only to get an hour of a bad nap. Not enough sleep, too much of the light. The atmosphere at 8am is already filled with a dynamic, stressful vibrations of the surrounding anthill. To try and sleep after 8am would be a madness.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Update: I had a normal dream this night. Without any programming. What I needed to remember it was to wake up in the middle of REM because of stuffy nose and a dry mouth. Lol. My mouth was so dry that I was looking for a drink in the dream. Once I made myself one I woke up to have a real one. It was a classic dream movie. Dark and without colors, night scenery. No joy whatsoever. Maybe the best technique is something like drinking a lot of water before sleep. Something that reminds you the body all the time.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
Update: I had a normal dream this night. Without any programming. What I needed to remember it was to wake up in the middle of REM because of stuffy nose and a dry mouth. Lol. My mouth was so dry that I was looking for a drink in the dream. Once I made myself one I woke up to have a real one. It was a classic dream movie. Dark and without colors, night scenery. No joy whatsoever. Maybe the best technique is something like drinking a lot of water before sleep. Something that reminds you the body all the time.

One of my very lucid periods of dreaming I was taking this dream herb mix. It had valerian root and something like calea zac... can't remember but it seemed like the main effects of these plants was one relaxation and a slight dremy feeling while awake, but ALSO it made you sort of agitated.. You don't notice this body agitation while awake but it can make you wake up in the middle of the night being a little too hot/agitated/annoyed or something.. It was definitely my conclusion that not getting the best sleep made dream recall way easier.

I notice the same with being dehydrated or over hydrated or hungover.. More dreams. But for me I don't need that, I remember my dreams every night. Last night was a bit more tame. I had a big bag of "herbs" not the best quality but wth I was dreaming who cares. Met a cute girl we were outside at some college type area. we talked for most of the dream which is odd for me. I don't usually have long conversations. We smoked a bit made out but someone walked in so we stopped. She had to go and I had to leave in a car.. Then these people were running in front of us from something and the car in front of us was parallel to them starts shooting a hand gun at the people so they stop running and are fine but the car guns down three people about 200 ft ahead of me. one guy just shoots all 3 of them about 30 times with a handgun (he didn't reload) come on dream lol..

then there are more people running and it starts seeming like anarchy situation.. But it's oddly unstressful because I'm not a specific target, sp we make our way to my dads house. It was at this point I remembered my bag of herbs but looking through my pockets and backpack there was nothing there. ugh.. But my dad always has some haha. He was wondering why we were there and it was so I could play this video game. I had two days off but then I imagined in my head how long this game would take to beat.. It would be a really cool game if it existed actually. It was like an RPG version of rogue leader for gamecube.

Then I found my dad's herbs they were vacuum sealed like what? so I left that alone. talked to my brothers walked around the house and woke up.

pretty boreig really but the girl was cute.

LOL

I looked at your link and read about SMR.. I don't do that anymore! I used to just know and not know why.. I just knew that I needed to not move to feel this very certain vibration that I used to use for meditation and OBE and all kinds of stuff. I basically thought of it as not moving my body allowed my consciousness to be focused in my soul instead of my body.. Had no clue it was something known about to EEG machines..

Very cool.

thanks for the reminder

And btw.
at 2 points in that dream last night I was very close to being lucid. I was right at the door. One the losing of the bag of herbs because I knew exactly where I put it.. So it bugged me the rest of the dream, had that "something is off" feeling.. That feeling came back when I realized I had just walked through heavy gun fire all around me and watched three people murdered execution style and I'm just going to go play a video game at my dad's house?? That didn't make any sense.. but I woke up instead.

I think just this topic and having this on my mind is getting me close again.
edit on 20-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I have to leave this interresting thread (for now?) because of my brother's condition. I need to ask people here for an advice in another thread. There is suddenly no Clonazepam available and the withdrawal is causing him seizures like hell. I think I won't sleep today at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Valerian is a precious herb for sure. It's root is used in moderation to work properly. Rather a slight bit of scent in a mixture or its GABA only knocks you out. Recently I had a wild dreams with Damiana which is also an aphrodisiac. However the dreams vere so chaotic I rather stopped the session and woke up at 5am. It was like someone else's dreams without anything I could recognize and enjoy. Like I wasn't in my dream at all. Damiana unleashed the energy, removed boundaries but it looks like it will need a Valerian combo to slow it down a bit. A lot actually )
The way you enjoy it is inspirational.
I was thinking about trying to control everything as a director from the witness-position. It may be like swimming against the stream of its life. Like watching a movie vs playing a video game. Playing is fun but when I'm watching a movie I can enjoy other characters and the story.

The SMR - I think it only reminds you this not moving. I think this frequency is very normal like. Even 10 Hz is said to promote normalcy. It won't let you imagine OBE without going lower to theta waves IMO. Unless you can hack the frequency and use it as kind of carrier frequency. The main benefit (restoring day-night rhythm) could be lost if you intentionally pushed your dreams' imagination into beta waves.
At the same time it could be one of the best frequencies to prepare your counsciousness for the lucid night. It sure isn't any theta.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Carrier frequency..

Yes..

This is how I do it.

It can sound like an EEEEEE in my head not my ears.. And then just hold it until the other frequencies ride the wave.

And then you can ride not the carrier but the other part.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join