It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father & 7yo daughter held at gunpoint by ‘insane & violent’ police officer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

“His daughter, who was actually, I believe, lying down or at least reclined in the front seat, popped up,” Cecil said. “Our trooper, so she wasn’t in the line of his gun, told her to lay back down, which she did.”

Was the child in the front or the back. Sides differ in their story.

There is the DPS statement of "I believe" so maybe the DPS is not sure.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So we're upset that a cop treated a vehicle toting what appeared to be stolen plates as what it appeared to be: a vehicle with stolen plates, but not upset with the rental agency that reported the plate stolen and then turned around and rented the vehicle back out without rescinding the report.

Mmkay.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: UKTruth

Maybe the answer is police should be required to go through a psychiatric stress evaluation every 2 years. Dealing with the public, juveniles and dangerous criminals on a weekly basis could easily stress out police officers. I think the stress officers are under could easily be the root of some of these unarmed police shootings.

Would work for me.

Would mean more money. Sigh.

But lives are worth it.

What a mess.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Definitely the thing that will give is people will stop listening to police and war will occur. Police aren't going to just become nice for no reason nor will people just become sheep for no reason. Okay maybe that last one may happen like how an abused person just accepts it after a while and goes deep within himself.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
He lost me when he deviated from the facts and interjected SJW crap such as saying if I was black or had long hair I would be dead.

IF the story is true, officer should lose his job.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CunningPerson
a reply to: tadaman

Definitely the thing that will give is people will stop listening to police and war will occur. Police aren't going to just become nice for no reason nor will people just become sheep for no reason. Okay maybe that last one may happen like how an abused person just accepts it after a while and goes deep within himself.

I would suggest that your second point has already happened and its deeply ingrained. People have become sheep, used to and even embracing the abuse they are subjected to on a daily basis by the the govt. That's another story though.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The plate on the car would match the car for which it was issued.

We seem to be in times where the police do, or have to, assume the worse.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Either way, it sucks that a child would have to see an officer pull a gun on their parent, not matter what led up to the incident. I hope that she doesn't have any lasting issues from it.

I would bet she will never call the police for help any time soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The other officers should kick that one's ass.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You have to follow it up, Ken, though I understand why you mightn't for a multitude of reasons. If nothing else, to show that it is not only black people who are treated badly by your bloody awful police. I am from UK and we don't seem to have the problems you are having there, at least not to the same extent, though give it time. I have seen a lot of videos made by American people who have been abused by police and it makes me furious. I can't help noticing how damn FAT most of the cops who do this kind of thing seem to be, though I am sure that is not necessarily a precursor. I imagine if I was sitting in a car all day munching away at burgers and god knows what, I might be pretty paranoid if I had to go and confront criminals who are very likely a damn sight fitter than I am. However, whatever the excuse, there can be no justification. It costs nothing to be polite, even to criminals, and to put a gun anywhere near a little girl's head is absolutely unforgivable. I reckon it is time your police were forced to sit in a room with their victims and listen to them. Before they are sent to jail for their crimes. In my opinion, any crime committed by a cop, or a religious figure are infinitely worse than the crimes of others.

Good luck to you and your little one. Maybe find a few nice cops for her to chat to to ease her mind a little.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I hope the man follows through on at least a complaint to the police department because not doing so would contribute to the problem. And good on him for posting on social media. If possibly thousands read his story, write/call/email to the department regarding the unacceptable behavior of the police officer, it will have the desired effect to remove the officer from duty.

One officer at a time, the 'write' way, every time.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here is what he needs to do. It would be very easy to go against cops after a situation like this. He could very easily say cops are f*cking asshats and can't be trusted....thus implanting a false representation in his daughters brain for the rest of her life. Or he could simply say there was a misunderstanding, it was resolved. Explain, just like every other person, you have some that are just not nice or just don't know how to do their job. It does not imply that said other people are incapable.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

oh yea. its the car rental's fault. case closed.

that cop who came close to committing murder is a hero. he's just being demonized to push an agenda?! or he was doing exactly what they teach cops to do? etc... great cop all around.

let's focus on paper work mistakes on the part of the car rental's agency, not human behavior with a deadly weapon and a uniform and badge.

im sure im misinterpreting your post completely also...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

agreed, that`s why i like reading stories like this before the truth comes out and then later compare the wildly exaggerated stories to the truth.

" i didn`t do nuffin"
'there were 10 cops with machine guns"
"they threatened to shoot me and feed my remains to a polar bear"
'then they started dancing the hokey pokey with a green elephant"
"then they let me go"
" i didn`t do nuffin"
edit on 15-8-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I don't know--this story seems a tad bit over-dramatically written and embellished with emotion, almost as if he was coached by a writer in what to say and how to say it. I'm not saying that the incident didn't happen as described, but without dashcam footage (which is suspicious), we'll never really know if his version of the incident is accurate. It does, however, seem to have way too much of an attempt to incite emotional response for me to take it as cannon as to what actually happened.

Either way, it sucks that a child would have to see an officer pull a gun on their parent, not matter what led up to the incident. I hope that she doesn't have any lasting issues from it.

How about police spokesman saying the trooper did everything perfectly:

“The bottom line is, our trooper did everything correctly,” said DPS Capt. Damon Cecil.

Then later implied he should have waited for backup:

“We probably wouldn’t have wanted him to approach the vehicle like that, especially by himself, but he felt he needed to do it to expedite the matter, to resolve it as quickly as possible,” Cecil said.

Forked tongue assholes. Makes me believe the guy's claims even more.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So we're upset that a cop treated a vehicle toting what appeared to be stolen plates as what it appeared to be: a vehicle with stolen plates, but not upset with the rental agency that reported the plate stolen and then turned around and rented the vehicle back out without rescinding the report.

Mmkay.

If he was so scared, why did he approach the vehicle alone?

According to DPS, the rental company had reported the front license plate stolen at an earlier date but never replaced the back plate as it was supposed to.

When Highway Patrol Trooper Oton Villegas ran the rental car’s license plate through the FBI’s National Crime Information Center database, it came up as stolen even though it wasn’t.

Why not blame the FBI? Seems more culpable than the rental company, anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

The spokesman saying that the trooper did everything correctly (which is not the same as "perfectly," as you put it) and then saying that they "probably wouldn't have wanted him to approach the vehicle like that" doesn't equate to a forked tongue, nor does it negate what he said.

There are many instances that training doesn't exactly equate to a perfect response in the real world--a LEO can do everything correctly (per their training) and still be criticized for what they did in a particular situation. Also, he could be doing everything correctly, but with way too much force or attitude, too. I'd guess that's what they're talking about, but I'm not the spokesman, so I can't speak for him.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Maybe I'm hallucinating, but it always seemed to be pretty standard practice to have the car's dashcam running back home. Hell, it even turned on automatically if you hit your lights. And I'm told they had this neat option that nearly everyone had whereby the officer's radio mike clipped to his shoulder went onto one audio track so you could clearly hear at least his side of the stop. And that was back in VHS days.

I can see, MAYBE, not having a body camera, although you'd think state troopers of ANY state could afford them at this point, but why no dash cam? We're hopefully past the bad old days where the LEO, if caught by his own dash cam, would pop out the VHS tape and poke in a blank.

I'd love to be able to produce an easily installed (maybe even something wireless you could just snap on) camera system for cars. Something unobtrusive, and not easily commandeered or erased. Then "Why don't we just depose you and get that statement under oath? Won't take but a few minutes" would be a brief horror story for one side or the other.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

"Close to committing murder" is laughable. Put your star farming fear monger rhetoric back in the drawer.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Who said he was scared? Did I say that? Don't feel like I did. Don't see it in my comment anywhere. Maybe I'm having a Mandela moment I guess.

You should try reading some more about the incident. The rental company never withdrew the report about it being stolen. Ergo, the FBI wouldn't have any reason to remove the information from their system. No amount of bolding or italics changes that.

Lemme know when you address something I actually said and is actually pertinent, and not something you've fabricated and twisted around to blame cops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join