It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle for Utah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Utah after many years of being a solid red state has now become a battle ground state. Right now Trump leads with 37%, Clinton with 25$ and Johnson 16% with Jonson surging Poll Trump leads Clinton in Utah; Libertarian Johnson surging .

Now those numbers for Trump and Clinton are beyond pathetic. Utah the most conservative state in the Union and has long been a Republican stronghold. Until Trump. Mormons so not like Trump because they him as against freedom of Religion in particular minority religions in the US like Islam and with the Mormons own history in the US for them that is not acceptable. They also do not like his immigration stance seeing it as against the compassion they believe in. And last Trumps feud with Romney.

What is a good Mormon to do. They could never vote for a Democrat and Trump is repulsive. So you have Utah all over the place. Many going with Johnson who is surging in the polls there and things are about to get more interesting.

Enter McMullin Utah’s Evan McMullin enters 2016 Presidential race

A Brigham Young University graduate with an Ivy League business degree is a new candidate for President of the United States.

Saturday, the Executive Committee for the Independence Party of Minnesota voted to select Evan McMullin as their party’s 2016 presidential candidate.

If you wondering who McMuliin is and why he is running the simple answer he is a spoiler. The conservative wing of the GOP hates Trump but, the want to save the Senate and House. So they have presented and alternative for Republicans who hate Trump and Hillary so they go out vote for him and then vote the party line down the ticket.

What effect this will have in other states is hard to guess. In Utah however his entry into the race changes everything. He will have no effect on Clinton and Stien but could effect Trump and/or Johnson. Depending how the chips fall you could easly see Yrump, Clinton, Johnson or McMulin.

Clinton and the DNC are not going do anything to try and win the race in Utah because they are gping to depend on Trumo, Johnson and Mcmullion.

Trump must win Utah or winning the battle ground states does not matter he still loses. So Trump must spend time and money trying to keep Utah when he should be working on the battleground states.

If you enjoy watching politics and chaos keep watching Utah and strao yourself in for a ride.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Romney is a Mormon archbishop the elders will put out the call to either not vote or vote for Hillary more than likely

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
when was Utah ever a swing state.. oh yes, since Trump.

hill will never win Utah unless she converted...
trump will win it decisively when he realizes he actually needs to talk more sense. he's already realized this.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Mormons, a people with loyalty first and foremost to themselves.....not our union.

Nice people though....good manners and all that.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a little bit more.
interesting that a red state is in flux, some remarkable numbers for the independants.
the article i linked to is from march, but covers many issues, the new poll only adds weight.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Romney is a Mormon archbishop the elders will put out the call to either not vote or vote for Hillary more than likely

Mormons don't have archbishops.

Your cluelessness is showing.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: khnum

Mormons don't have archbishops.

Your cluelessness is showing.

But they do have Bishops, and Romney is one. Close enough.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I lived in Utah recently for a few years. They will vote for Trump. They, like a lot of conservatives don't like him but they hate her. Mormons have a history of being screwed by the Federal Government and want their religion protected and left alone.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

An LDS bishop is the equivalent of a Protestant pastor or a Catholic priest, with little to no influence outside the congregation he serves.

And he was a bishop. It isn't a lifetime calling.

The kind of influence you're talking about is held by the apostles, who only rarely endorse specific candidates.

You guys have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

An LDS bishop is the equivalent of a Protestant pastor or a Catholic priest, with little to no influence outside the congregation he serves.

The kind of influence you're talking about is held by the apostles, who only rarely endorse specific candidates.

Yep, major ignorance when it comes to Mormons.

I think there's more mis-information about Mormons on the internet, then anything else.

I was Mormon for 5 years. Married one. We tried it as a couple.

We were in Southern CA. Most in the congregation hated when Utah Mormons came to "visit". They really have an arrogance problem.

Not all Mormons are conservatives.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Not even gonna mention how many Jack Mormons there are in Utah

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The state is still conservative, it's just Trump isn't that conservative.

If you do the math, Johnson is closer to Clinton then Clinton is to Trump.

Again, with Mormon's being blue and the media bias. Harry Reid is a Mormon, and somehow his religion isn't linked to him, like if he was on the right.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

So what you are saying is that the Establishment gov't, on both sides of the aisle are in panic mode.....

That's good in my book....

Nothing like throwing out an unknown person who has the globalist resume, Goldman Sachs, CIA, CFR and a Mormon to challenge in UTAH....

Yeah... it's getting that obvious...

Don't fall for it folks...

edit on Sun, 14 Aug 2016 20:54:31 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: clarity

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I think there's more mis-information about Mormons on the internet, then anything else.

We were in Southern CA. Most in the congregation hated when Utah Mormons came to "visit". They really have an arrogance problem.

You are talking about CA Mormons. In UT I have listened to many of them telling me the history of how the Federal Government tried to apply pressure to them many times. The Mormons stood their ground. Were even willing to burn down their own towns if the Fed entered it. They are conservatives and many small business owners.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

You are talking about CA Mormons. In UT I have listened to many of them telling me the history of how the Federal Government tried to apply pressure to them many times. The Mormons stood their ground. Were even willing to burn down their own towns if the Fed entered it. They are conservatives and many small business owners.

This discussion has nothing to do with the History of Mormons and how/why they migrated to Utah.

I am well aware of the full story(s).

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

This discussion has nothing to do with the History of Mormons and how/why they migrated to Utah.

I am well aware of the full story(s).

You are correct, this has to do with TPTB crapping their pants and having an unknown show up late as the Conservative (establishment) choice to try and change the electoral map, to make a Trump victory harder than it already was...

It's so obvious... you've been around here for years... you have to see this as well...

I have always respected your point of view, and know where you stand on issues, but you haven't been one to parrot BS because it helps your point of view...

I try to do the same...

We may disagree on many issues, but it's been a pleasure, on occasion to spar with you when discussing our differences...

That is the art of debate... not this BS we have seen this election cycle...

YMMV

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Yes, I am on a conspiracy site.

But, I'm selective in my conspiracies

Trump has money and power. He doesn't have position among the elites. It's not a position you can buy or muscle your way in.

They would have to accept him as president of the USA.

I believe Trump is very serious about winning this position, but not for the right reason. I believe his only reason is status.

Hillary for all her faults wants this, and has always wanted it for the right reason. She wants to be president to be president of the USA. She wants to be the best president America has ever had. She has no intention of screwing it up.

There's an interesting thing about Cathloics and Mormons. They have their teachings, however, each person needs to decide/choose to accept those teachings. Not all accept all teachings.

Not all Mormons agree politically.

edit on 14-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's an interesting take...

Trump while wealthy, has no status with the elites, won't be accepted by the same if elected...

Clinton, has wanted this, and wants to be the best President the US has ever had and doesn't want to screw it up....

We are on a CT site, so this just bleeds TPTB, NWO etc etc.. to me...

Which is a bit frightening, considering those who have broken through and garnered a chance to change things within the government, have either died in office, died while trying to get into the office, or shot into submission while holding the office...

We are talking about folks from both sides of the aisle... and folks who had mass appeal from the populous...

Are we nearing a similar situation?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I assume you know of the PNAC, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, etc.

That was intentionally, and forcefully set in
motion.

I don't think realistically it can be reversed.

The only direction is forward.

A one world government is the only logical direction.

The big question: (not if and when), but HOW & WHO.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

[CRINGE]

Yes I know....

I just hold hope that we can change that... I certainly won't accept that their efforts are the be all end all...

I still have faith in the folks, and I will leave it there...

As always, you have given me something to bang my head on the wall about ....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join