It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 10

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Hi Dave! I would love to go to a UFON meeting too!!!!!!

Do not, I repeat, do not encourage your little dragons to chase birds. Bring up your dragons to be peaceful unless evil is afoot or something.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

TextHope today you didn't wake up wanting to scream.

It seems to be a daily thing anymore.

Skid: Your avatar perfectly describes my last week at work.

For the dogs?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hi Skiddy!

I feel fatigued again. Might go lie down and watch something soon.

I feel bad that I keep taking off in here.

I will return.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'll give you three guesses.

Actually, like I said, it was boring. There was one report that got investigated and turned out to be some street lights. It was good investigating. Another was a tiny speck in a photo that didn't seem worth the effort of messing with equipment that wasn't working. There was a crew from a psychic investigations newer effort type of show, but while they have nice equipment and great interest, they were all young enough to not seem to know that that puppy's been around the block for the last 100 years and then some. Plus, there was a member of the crew sharing her story -- just for us -- which means to me, "which part?" and she got rather emotional as part of her story happened years ago but seemed to "continue" last night...but when I asked if her own crew had gone to investigate her bedroom, they sort of began to change their body language while they couldn't decide which foot to place their weight on, while they looked like they wished that no one had thought of that, and hemmed and hawed until the subject was morphed to something else, at their great and visible relief.

There was something devoid of logic in the whole thing, that left me feeling rather alien myself, as there were some truly intelligent people both in the audience and facilitating the meeting. Which makes me wonder if I overestimated the whole bunch, including myself. But we've made friends with a couple there, and this is what keeps us going there. Plus that expression they use in Trading: "The fear of missing out."

I hate to say it, but the best part was the french fries. They were hot and greasy but not salty enough (don't forget I'm a salt water fish!) and shaking the salt shaker was just useless motions, that apparently have been going on there for some time. I debated if I should just pretend that they were salty enough but then decided that this was as good as the meeting was going to get, so I unscrewed the bottle and saw this mass of salt that had the texture of wet sand. I debated for a moment and then thought, the hell with it, and stuck my fingers into it and grabbed a huge, huge pinch of wet sand-ish salt and sprinkled it on the french fries. Oh my God, that was good!

I guess MUFON meetings are like that stupid line from Forest Gump. Some meetings are better than others but you never know what you're gonna get. It was better years ago when it was run by civilians. But soon there were too many of them and they needed to get organized. Then I guess someone higher decided to organize it from the back ground. Then the good guys left and it morphed into something strange, where you just pretend that it isn't. And then it settled to something that the new people think is run by civilians -- feeling the need to get organized.

And the beat goes on....and the beat goes on...

My "current theory" is that the preverbal "it" is sort of organizing itself as no one is truly in control of anything anywhere, which is sort of scary and sort of comforting at the same time. I think that as far as the alien agenda is concerned, there isn't any. They are here and have been all along. We just never, and then seldom, bumped into them. Then they had one of those screaming sessions like Drew Barrymore did in ET, and then everyone hid for a while and then took a breath and began to talk, first veiled and then eventually less so. But back then it was at the level of a few, and everyone was sworn to secrecy, complete with real and imagined threats, but now it is growing exponentially and the big guys are getting nervous. Why? Because everyone is second guessing how everyone else will react, while others are sort of deciding a pre-emptive strike in how to pre-manage the reaction, but they aren't keeping up fast enough with how quickly people themselves are evolving -- or de-volving. Plus there are so many levels of this that it has long been out of control -- not that it ever was. The issue is no longer the aliens. The issue is who has clearance and of what and where do they look for guidance anymore, with so many now dying off or speaking out. The genie that was once in the bottle is now obese and the bottle fell onto the floor and got kicked aside a long time ago. It's a Mexican stand off that goes beyond Mexicans and the other side can float rather than stand, but otherwise, some are waiting for the other to flinch while others just yawned and went back to sleep.

So...calling Superman...but instead of him showing up, what do I get? Images of Shirley Temple in black and white singing, "It's the good ship, lollipop..."

I think I'm going off the deep end...God I hope I can swim!

Fishy

Um...were you looking for, "The meeting was great!"....wince....

Syx! You out there, buddy? Can you come and do some distracting acrobatics while I slip away again?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I have never been to a UFON meeting and would imagine they are different wherever one may happen to go as there are so many UFON groups. Love the subject! Sorry your meeting was boring, but hey the French fries were good. LOL

Sooooo sleeeepy.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Howdy. I hear you on the fatigued thing. I woke up that way. It doesn't help that my insomnia was messing with me and I woke up after only 2 hours of sleep and couldn't get back to sleep for a while.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yes, they change with the location of both time and space. In one place, early on, they were conducted by land line phone calls and in ways I honestly can't quite remember. In Phoenix, they were in the auditorium of the National Guard, which I always found rather odd, but that's just me...super odd...and now, locally, at a diner. There are more people showing up than the room can hold, and that has just been in the last five months or so, as apparently before there were only 6 or so showing up. Now they are looking for a larger place, which has me sort of chuckling because of the rhythm of things and it will be back to six again. But I do feel for them. There are too few people trying to cover too much ground. And when they do, there is always someone present to throw tomatoes. I'm never sure which part was spontaneous. But good people like Charles Hall speak up and get crucified. Or that present expectation of "Next? Where's the popcorn?" We've heard some cool authors speak there. And they will share the story behind the story, but then say, "don't let that go beyond this room." But no one is checking who has walked through the door or where they left to. If you don't want it to go past the room, why say it at all?

Some of the best parts are the side conversations that you might overhear. Last night these two old air force buddies were looking rather bored and when it came time for the check, one asked the other if he could put his on his buddy's check. "Sure...do you have five bucks?...no, but I can add it to the ammo later...."

Weird...just weird.

Fishy

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yeah i know what you mean about the mexican standoff situation regarding the topic. Ive found often that-...

(Record scratches)

Did you just say French Fries?!?😃

i loooooove french fries. My biggest problem with french fries is that i cant decide which to get. Shoestring or steak fries. I love them both. Im thinking due to larger exposed surface area for salt to land on youd prefer shoestring fries .

Oh, damn! Wait! Curly fries enter the battle! Currly fries:"haha! We laugh at you steak fries your nothing more than a confused baked patato and yoooou shoestring fries wheres your seasoning? What no curly ques! Bahhh"

But, but then criss cut waffle fries speak up. But all the other fries yell at them and start calling them aweful things. Saying their not real fries.

Meanwhile, potato au gratin sits back and laughs "oh those unsophisticated fries"

But then my baby dragons huddled around the au gratin pan eye it hungrly and scarf down the arrogant au gratin while im distracted breaking up the fry fight.

Not sure who wins in the battle of the fries.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Yeah i know what you mean about the mexican standoff situation regarding the topic. Ive found often that-...

(Record scratches)

Did you just say French Fries?!?😃

i loooooove french fries. My biggest problem with french fries is that i cant decide which to get. Shoestring or steak fries. I love them both. Im thinking due to larger exposed surface area for salt to land on youd prefer shoestring fries .

Oh, damn! Wait! Curly fries enter the battle! Currly fries:"haha! We laugh at you steak fries your nothing more than a confused baked patato and yoooou shoestring fries wheres your seasoning? What no curly ques! Bahhh"

But, but then criss cut waffle fries speak up. But all the other fries yell at them and start calling them aweful things. Saying their not real fries.

Meanwhile, potato au gratin sits back and laughs "oh those unsophisticated fries"

But then my baby dragons huddled around the au gratin pan eye it hungrly and scarf down the arrogant au gratin while im distracted breaking up the fry fight.

Not sure who wins in the battle of the fries.

Yes, I've read some of your replies. I can always expect to feel a silent wide smile stretch out across my face as I savor your words. But they never seem to get much of a reply. And I certainly wouldn't dare. But I do enjoy them.

So, from the profound to the mundane or the other way around. I prefer home made, cut 1/4" from baking potatoes and fried in Crisco on a cast ironed pan, then salted just as they go onto the paper towels. I've done that French thing where they get cut in rounds and fried twice at different degrees. Those were good but the fear of getting burned in the process sort of off set the enjoyment of the taste.

Your story reminded me of one day last year when my husband and I were resting inside a pool, in the middle of the summer. It was so hot that day and then a big bug flew into the water near by. He went to rescue it, and I kept screaming to not touch it, as it was still frantically splashing and was not identified as of yet. He felt that there wasn't time for him to wait that long so he scooped it up and splashed it out onto the side of the pool. It turned out to be a huge, fat, wet and somewhat angry and yet grateful wasp. My husband felt like he had done good. I felt full of admiration and yet still feeling the fear of a near miss. What we both agreed upon was that he had indeed done a good deed and we both looked at our little rescue insect and sighed with deep self-satisfaction. We both instinctively stretched towards it and blew gently in it's direction to help dry it off quickly.... And then a big lizard ran up and grabbed it and scarfed it down right before our eyes...Plus it took two eternally long gulps, with a horrific pause in between, to finish him off.

Come to think of it, that was a year ago or more and I'm still feeling traumatized for having witnessed that!

Okay...now I'm feeling shallow...I think I will make some so called "french" fries.

(Poor ATS...someone pays for all these bytes and bites)

Fishy

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You make fries ...um, can i have some too?😯

As for the aviation/ufo forum posts. Theres two physicists here who actually understand them. The rest goes over everybodies heads.

In the spirit of friendship if theres anything you want me to explain about those ufo propulsion posts or you need filling in on what theyre talking about in various aviation threads just IM me. Ill spill the beans. Within reason.

The poor wasp. Last fall i was preparing to bring my plumeria in for the winter. Normally i clean the lips of the pots real well to make sure i dont bring any spiders into my apartment.

So im scraping around with a stick under one of them when a pepple pops out. Bounces off ny shirtless chest. And falls to the ground.

I go thats weird and inspect it closer. Dead black widow. I shrug leave it be and continue on. Being mindful of where it fell cause i was barefoot i look down and the spider is slowly unfurling its legs. Real slow as if to make it look like its not moving. So i squat down to get a closer look and the spider balls up again. It did that every time i got close. The poor thing was terrified of me and trying to play dead. This went on for 45 minutes. After a while i felt pitty on it and scooped it up and dumped it in some bushes letting it free.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hello?

Hellooooo???

Ok, nobody here. 😯 I go now.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
SO I woke up late today and had to chase off some Angry, I think they were angry, or maybe just confused, french fries! They were at each others throats and I could not take it any more SO I roasted them. Tasted pretty good after that actually!

However before I could toast them all, two of them split off from the group and lept high into the air! They turned into a blue and a red orb! They floated willy nilly for a few moments, then shot straight up outta sight! It was incredible!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Yeah the best thing about pet dragons....never have to struggle getting my bbq coals started again.

Also excellent for searing rib eye.

We should have a top ten reasons having a pet dragon is awesome.

Ok ill start.

#10. With pet dragins you never have to worry about door to door solicitors coming back.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Dave, don't let the dragons chase birds. It may leave the birds too scared to forage for their food... Just sayin...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

LOL on the top ten list...ok give me a sec as i havent even coffee'd myself yet...lol!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
#9- feral pets won't be fereled for very long!
edit on 24-8-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

#8 manager too scared to ask me for my rent the last two months

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

#8b You could probably get several free months rent!! LOL!!

#7 Girl scouts will leave their cookies on your doorstep, no charge...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

#6. Never have to use uber again. Parkings always free, and if theres already a car in the spot your dragon wants to land. Guess what? There isnt now!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
7b. Dragons love thin mint cookies. And the girlscout always give them some......all of them actually!!

Find note scribbled by one of my dragons. It read.

"All Yur Kookies belOng to uS"
edit on 24-8-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join