It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 10

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I had nothing to do with this happening Lorrie!! From what I heard, it was a major failure of some sort during a static launch test.

edit on 6-9-2016 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
*waves*
Good morning everyone

I'm still lurking here and there, I've been feeling sick to my stomach with anxiety the past few days and haven't really felt the urge to contribute. Felt a brief reprieve yesterday but it's somewhat back again today.

But I just wanted to say hello and good morning, and grab myself a.... ooooooooh... it's purple today? ... a purple pixie coffee before I crawl up on that really soft lounge over yonder *points* and settle down into lurky mode.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hi, all. How are you?

I finally heard from the Medicaid people. They're sending me a list of doctors who take medicaid. Took long enough. Knowing how the government works though I'll get that list a couple months from now.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

(Hi everyone!...just passing through)

Dave, I've been thinking about this. Jess's advice was the best I've read, but I think you need a more specific plan, for a more specific reason.

Yes, this guy needs help, but you have surpassed both your ability and resources to do so. Your loyalty to this man is understandable and commendable. It is also counterproductive. You know that, and you know that you know, but you continue to do everything you can because you feel that you are his only hope, and therefore it is up to you. It's a circling argument with no conclusion. I'm just acknowledging what I see as a pattern.

You also know that help is not out there....not in this present world we live in.

My concern is that this guy is going to hurt you. Well, he already has. But nobody knows more than you how truly crazy and dangerous this unfortunate individual is. He truly is not responsible for his actions and the evidence of his delusions is unmistakable, plus his history of acting on them. So, it is also clear that you are his only friend and you want to, wisely, put some distance between you, but do the math. How long will it be before this guy realizes that you are rejecting him and how far will he go to "punish you for hurting him?"

I'm thinking that you might consider going to the local police station and seeing if you can speak with someone about him. They may not give you the time of day, but if nothing else, you will be on record as being above board and respectable, because otherwise you might easily end up in a "guilty by association" scenario if you get innocently snagged into his next drama.

Plus, it may very well be that the cops are looking for a chance to lock him up but keep missing the opportunity because people like yourself are misguidedly getting in their way.

It isn't that easy to get someone committed. I know and won't drift my little sub-thread to explain. But walking into the station and beginning with the fact that his own mother has a restraining order, plus his diagnosis and your personal concerns just might be enough to get some balls rolling.

The way I see it, it's just a matter of time before someone gets hurt and possibly killed and I don't want it to be you. (I enjoy your posts too much).

So far, you've been dealing with him alone. Yes, he needs help, but so do you. The cops have the power, I believe, to get him under some sort of observation by a temporary commitment, and that should be sufficient. You might talk to the landlord who wants to evict him as he can back up your concern with the police.

Like everyone else, I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Fishy

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Kaelci, so sorry to hear about your anxiety.
I hope you feel better soon.
I bought a pair of opal and diamond earrings with my Anniversary money. Tiny, but so beautiful! I always wanted something with an opal. Your pic is just gorgeous!!!!!

Gordi, sooooo happy that you keep returning! I am always so afraid you'll disappear on us again. I got such a kick out of Dave's dream about you. LOL!

Skiddy, yay you finally got your medical card! Now that you have the card, it shouldn't take long to get your list of Doctor's. I don't know if States are all the same, but over here, we have a service that provides rides back and forth to your appointments. Your primary care Doctor will have you get tests done to determine what your physical problems are and you will have documentation for when you file for disability.

Hello to whoever is around and lurking!
edit on 6-9-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I didn't get the card yet. They're sending me a list of doctors. I have to pick one and then I guess they send it. It's going to take forever.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Oh. Weird. It was 5 years ago when I was on Medicaid and they must have rushed things through or did something because I didn't wait long at all. Now I am on Medicare and have to pay a hundred and something for one part of my coverage. I didn't choose the prescription plan though. With my coverage now, I pay a percentage of some things. On Medicaid, you will get everything free, Doctor's visits, tests, treatments, prescriptions, everything! Sorry you have to wait so long, but it will be worth waiting for.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I kind of expected it. It's been my experience that anything government goes at a snail's pace.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Jin is that your baby?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

oh he looks just like you Jin soooooo cute minus the blue face

edit on 9/6/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Lol not my baby. I think that baby is well into his teens by now. Way old internet GIF.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

That cute baby does look like Jin.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

your profile pic is the coolest baby ever..Blue Alien Babies, sing it Quantum ... guitar twang

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Hi, man. How's it going?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Undead babies!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is my demon spawn.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hello magical, mystical Shed Land. Been a little pre-occupied by a few posts I started, but it is all good. I just wanted to give myself a break....and reach out to the love of The Shed.

You are me friends....and no matter what life may throw at us....we have each other. And I deeply appreciate that!!

With Peace and Love,
KD

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm off for now. I'll stop in tomorrow. Have a good night.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

awwwwww soo cute! He is adorable!

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join