It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Host Slams America's Greatest Olympian Ever For Not Being Black, Muslim Woman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: infolurker

Is it about being a liberal or just plain old stupid?

I'd vote just plain stupid.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

No problem you're welcome. Though I feel you missed the point?

I think the man chosen was the right choice and I am of a liberal leaning, I'm avid about understanding, inclusiveness and dare I say it emancipation. I honestly think the classification machine has gone askew, it isn't classifying properly anymore... We need better boxes.

Theirs liberal and then theirs something else that needs a new box.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This is the most racist thing I've heard today, but it's still early. I object to the label "liberal" however, as the the comment is as illiberal as could possibly be.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
This is the most racist thing I've heard today, but it's still early. I object to the label "liberal" however, as the the comment is as illiberal as could possibly be.

I thought I was alone on that, cheers

Nobody wants to be a loner.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Since she's a world class fencer, does that mean she takes ones head off with ONE fell swoop instead of a couple of hacks? Seriously, who REALLY gives a rat's ass? I guess we just need to stop giving ANY kind of award to ANYONE in order to refrain from being perceived as "wronged" because we might get our teeny, tiny little less than marginal feelings hurt, or EVERYBODY must be MADE to feel they're equal to everybody on the playing field, or are just as smart as the MENSA members while pulling down a hefty C average, right? Bull crap! Judge people for WHO and WHAT they ARE, not who and what they WANT to be.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

It is not liberal to minus achievement over classification.

It is not liberal to endorse stereotyping, even if it is in a positive light.

It is not liberal to condemn based on race, colour or creed.

In short these are not the actions of liberals, a real liberal would base such a decision of who would be a flag bearer on merit, achievement and representation. I may be wrong and Stalin was probably a pacifist but I can't help but think names are but names and are beginning to lack any meaning.

But, but, but, it's so damn easy to just wrap up a whole segment of people with a different political understanding and shove them into one hated entity. It calls for no more depth of intelligence than the announcer person, Bell.

Liberals, that's a good one

Edit

Just to clear things up I think all white people are over-opinionated self-righteous yet idiotic pricks based off this reporters comments. I know that may be overstepping the mark but so is labelling everyone as "libtards" or "liberals". Just my 2 pence.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

The chances of winning Olympic swimming gold wearing a Burka are slim, despite appearances they're no penguins...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Plain ol' stupid, FTW.

Mr. Phelps became rich, famous, etc... the old fashioned way. He worked his ass off. What does his race, sex whatever have to do with it? It wasn't his too whiteness, his too maleness, or whatever getting up out of a nice warm bed at oh dark thirty to swim hundreds of laps in a pool that was probably too cold most of the time...if it was anything like the one I swam in...

Yep. Plain ol' stupid.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Liberal media elites are such idiots, their collective figurative heads will probably implode when Trump takes the oath of office.

Then they will clean up the mess and salivate over all the ratings that covering Trump's every move will get them over the next four years.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

We'll let the 2nd amendment people take care of the nutjobs running that network! How? By voting Trump into the Oval Office, so he can get CNN so clogged up with audits and red tape that the network will shut down.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This level of affirmative action is unprecedented, and it's getting worse every day. No doubt she will be praised by the MSM for suggesting that a Muslim woman should carry the torch instead of the most decorated Olympian in history.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
this kind of thing is disturbing because the mindset it creates little-by-little leads to dangerous things over time like genocide historically and we have a nation like south africa as an example of progressive policy being used for revenge for past abuses.
from what i've seen and heard this kind of "race quota" thought is one such dangerous progressive policy, it's just like segregation where it had the supposed purpose of improving relations and reducing crime against blacks by separating the races yet it only created worse problems, basically it told whites that racism was supported by the state and created a rift that was not there before that still affects blacks today, now it seems to be going the opposite direction and is creating division once again and inciting racism more and more as time progresses.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I guess liberal diversity doesn`t include certain groups like white males, the progressive liberal party is about as diverse as the KKK.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

The best response to this nonsense, and I use it all the time in reference to the presidential campaigns, is....

Would you rather have the very best doctor to give you open heart surgery for your failing heart, or would you want someone performing the surgery because they are the first X (insert: race, sex, religion etc.) in history to do it...

Good for them they are the first etc...but they are not the best.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Was it Trump that stated:

"You will get paid the same salary if you do as good a job"... The same applies here, When a Black transgender Muslim clears up at a Olympics then next time round they can have the Flag, until then, shut it you liberal ass.....

RA

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
On the CNN link about author

W. Kamau Bell is a critically acclaimed sociopolitical comedian, featured on the podcast "Politically Re-Active" on Panoply and CNN's "United Shades of America." The opinions expressed in this commentary are his own.

a "sociopolitical comedian". The world is full of them, in fact, every 4 years, everyone and his brother becomes one.

Sorry, but perceived political correctness lost out to actual Olympic accomplishment measured by medal count.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
From a mindset that has already led one college campus to contemplate effectively banning MLK, this is but another iteration of intolerance. These kind all need to check their intolerance.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The trouble is that they believe they are liberal while being fascist like. No self reflection. Culture Marxism is as insane as Nazis just on the other side of the duality spectrum.
edit on 10-8-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
What in the world? He's one of the most decorated Olympians if I'm not mistaken, to me he certainly deserved to carry the flag. He's earned it.

Honestly I wouldn't have given a penny either way who carried it, but if it must be argued, then I'll side with Phelps on this one.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Is it about being a liberal or just plain old stupid?

Considering the Olympics is supposed to be about the greatest athletes and not about how many diversity/victim status boxes you check off ... yeah, I'd say it's about being a liberal AND stupid.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join