It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Host Slams America's Greatest Olympian Ever For Not Being Black, Muslim Woman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Really, so now the person voted to carry the flag at the Olympics is being slammed for being a tall, successful, rich white guy who doesn't "need" this honor.

Give me a break. It was earned and this political madness must stop! Does anyone else see the hypocrisy here where people are advocating discrimination based on the race, sex, and possibly religion as not being the "right" race, sex, religion?

www.zerohedge.com...

liberals wanted U.S. swimmer Michael Phelps to give up the honor of carrying the American flag and leading his country’s athletes at the opening ceremony for the Rio Olympic games Friday night.

He’s the wrong color and the wrong sex.

Bell referred to Muhammad as “a one-stop inclusion shop due to her race, sex and religion. Phelps, on the other hand was something else entirely.

“No offense, but right now America has enough tall, successful, rich white guys hogging the spotlight trying to make America great,” he said, in an obvious reference to Donald Trump.

"No offense"... but sadly it appears the supposedly apolitical Olympic Games has been hijacked by the liberal agenda - under the guise of fairness, so you can't argue with that, right? - to further the divide in today's identity politics.

www.cnn.com...#

Obviously, I am talking about what I hope will be your decision to decline the position as flag bearer in opening ceremonies of the Olympics in Rio De Janeiro on Friday. While you haven't said this yet, I'm sure this is what you are going to do, because you are not only an Olympic hero, you are -- by medal count -- the Olympic hero. And yes, being asked to carry the flag is a big deal. I'm betting that even a star of your magnitude is still feeling the glow of being voted to carry the flag by your Olympic peers. But I know that you must know that there is a better choice to carry the flag -- the athlete who came in second to you in the vote for flag bearer, fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad.

Muhammad carrying the flag would be nearly a one-stop inclusion shop. Muhammad is an African-American, hijab-wearing Muslim woman who is also a world class fencer.

+54 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Liberals are idiots.

Plain and simple.

Always crying about something while pushing extreme hypocrisy they don't even see.

If Phelps himself, with his track record was Muslim, this idiot would support him carrying the flag. So it's not about actual accomplishments, it's wanting the flag bearer to be based on ethnicity or religion. Turning the Olympics into affirmative action.

And that's why few respect liberals. They disregard hard work, accountability and earning your place. They just cry when they don't get their way.
edit on 10-8-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hopefully they lose their job for making an obviously racist statement.

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Phelps won 3 more GOLD medals so far
He has 21 GOLD medals

That dude can carry the flag all the time if he likes.

GREATEST OLYMPIAN EVER!

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Sometimes I think to myself that America can make it through this BS, back to honor and prosperity...but then I read the crap coming out of CNN and see how the masses eat it up, and remember that America is too necrotic to rebound.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm waiting for Wil Wheaton to tweet:

"America's sword swinging olympic athlete is a hijab wearing muslim named Muhammed. Because we now live inside @TheOnion.

Wil Wheaton

America's first gold medal in the 2016 Olympics was won by a teenager for shooting. Because we now live inside @TheOnion.

10:36 AM - 6 Aug 2016 1,506 RETWEETS3,898 LIKES

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ummm..... She came in second in votes to carry the flag. I think that says it all. ...or.....now anyone voted second gets to actually win? ...LOL...what a bunch of crap....I agree with MysticPearl .

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
people say/do dumb things all the time. case and point our hopeful presidents...

its seems like equality now has a proviso of shoving down diversity down everyone's throat. just like everyone have to like gay lifestyle otherwise theyre homophobic.

you cant dislike anything without being labeled something.
you cant write an opinion and not t be put under a microscope.

if i had a dollar $ for every racist/dumb comments i read on ats, i'd be make good money in a weird way. if i had a dollar for obscure old articles posted to inflame, i'd be retired.
were in day what of the olympics...
edit on 10-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

But he doesn't have brown skin or worship Allah, the important factors in the Olympics!!

The more liberals speak, the more you see they're just incredibly selfish and only concerned with themselves and their own views.
edit on 10-8-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Is it about being a liberal or just plain old stupid?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Is it about being a liberal or just plain old stupid?

When he says this crap you ask if its about being liberal?

“No offense, but right now America has enough tall, successful, rich white guys hogging the spotlight trying to make America great,” he said, in an obvious reference to Donald Trump.

The slight for being tall ,successful, rich and white is just plain ignorance. Heightist,successist,wealthist,racist ignorance.

The make america great crap shows the ahole is liberal he chose to bring it up not us.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
hmmmm ... choices . . . THE greatest olympic athlete who just happens to be an American, or America's 2nd best female saber fencer (at the time)? Well, for political reasons we could go with the fencer; not because she is great, but because she is a black woman whom is also muslim. OR, for real reasons we could go with the person who actually earned the spot. I would hope that she would have turned down the honour had it been offered.

By the way, fencing is my favorite sport so I would love to see a fencer carrying the flag rather than a swimmer. But this is according to what has been earned not feelings.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well what else would you expect from the Clinton News Network and their faux progressive agenda? It accomplishes nothing and stems from a gross Cultural Marxism school of thought in which victimhood is everywhere.

Consider my privelige checked.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If they handed gold medals for media idiocy and bias CNN would win the medal tally by a country mile.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

It's all just a merry carousel of bread and circuses deliberately designed to obfuscate and distract.

Remember America: 'You are FREE! (To do as we tell you..)'

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
And you use this opinion piece by: W. Kamau Bell a critically acclaimed sociopolitical comedian [opinions expressed in this commentary are his own]

To slam Liberals.

What does that make you?

Did you read the CNN comments? They all slam this opinion piece. Even the Liberals.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

It is not liberal to minus achievement over classification.

It is not liberal to endorse stereotyping, even if it is in a positive light.

It is not liberal to condemn based on race, colour or creed.

In short these are not the actions of liberals, a real liberal would base such a decision of who would be a flag bearer on merit, achievement and representation. I may be wrong and Stalin was probably a pacifist but I can't help but think names are but names and are beginning to lack any meaning.

Liberals, that's a good one

Edit

Just to clear things up I think all white people are over-opinionated self-righteous yet idiotic pricks based off this reporters comments. I know that may be overstepping the mark but so is labelling everyone as "libtards" or "liberals". Just my 2 pence.
edit on 10-8-2016 by RAY1990 because: More to add

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Ummm..... She came in second in votes to carry the flag. I think that says it all. ...or.....now anyone voted second gets to actually win? ...LOL...what a bunch of crap....I agree with MysticPearl .

In sports we call that first loser, so sorry... lol

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

In short these are not the actions of liberals, a real liberal would base such a decision of who would be a flag bearer on merit, achievement and representation.

LOL!!!

Funniest thing I've heard or read all day. Muchas gracias!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RitualReality
a reply to: khnum

It's all just a merry carousel of bread and circuses deliberately designed to obfuscate and distract.

Remember America: 'You are FREE! (To do as we tell you..)'

There are very important threads here such as the Pentagon lost 6.5 trillion- but they are just a blip on the radar that disapears in the election circus

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join