It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diagnosis? Islamophobia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

DIAGNOSIS?

ISLAMOPHOBIA!

Islamophobia is a muzzle of censorship, nothing more.

I say this because Islamist groups like CAIR use the muzzle to refer to groups and individuals who criticize their beloved religion. Their list of "Islamophobic individuals" includes those deemed guilty of “demonizing and stigmatizing the Muslim community”, including writers and comedians like Ayan Hirsi Ali or Bill Maher, while at the same time giving a free pass to those who really demonize and stigmatize the Muslim community: the Muslims who kill in its name.

Criticizing religions has been a mainstay of The Enlightenment since Voltaire, but imagine in today’s enlightened world a showing of Voltaire’s “Mahomet”, a play written over 275 years ago, and you might have an idea of how far we’ve come since then. Fair enough, they actually did try to revive this play in modern France, until someone tried to heckle the play into submission. I’ll give you three guesses as to who did that but you’ll only need one. That’s right, a showing of a 275 year old French play, written by a French hero, and shown in a French town, met with the frothing anger of irate Muslims. That was over a decade ago. The play went on, as it should, but we still find that the cradle of liberty is quickly turning into a coffin of tyranny.

Meanwhile, the musical “The Book of Mormon” sold out to crowds in New York and London with nary a whisper from those it makes fun of, nor especially, from the good doctors who tend to diagnose these types of religious phobias. The reason for this, of course, is that no one has anything to fear from Mormons. It’s not that the The Book of Mormon doesn’t try give offence to Mormons (which it does), it’s that Mormons refuse to take it, and we are all better off because of it.

So then who is scared of Islam? Both logically and pathologically, one does not display any fear of Islam or Muslims by criticizing Islam or Muslims. On the contrary, given the Charlie Hebdo affair, the fatwas, and a penchant for the heckler’s and assassin’s vetoes, criticizing Islam takes a fair bit of grit. Add on top of that the possibility that one might be stigmatized by petulant advocacy groups as a racist, bigoted hate-monger for doing so, only the biggest balls need apply.

As is turns out, those who constantly cry “Islamophobia” are either the most Islamist or the most Islamophobic, evidenced by the hesitance and timidity of their criticism of Islamism, or their consistent lack thereof. Sane people might denounce the content of, say, a fascist’s beliefs if his superstitions led to tyranny, but then again, most wouldn’t if that tyranny might lead right back to them. The best way to avoid confrontation is to look at the ground in silence, or better yet, gain position and favour with the fascists by silencing those who speak up against him, and comfort is prolonged a little longer. Both fascism and islamism aren't too kind to criticism.

Muhammad’s lies and delusions are so ridiculous he deserves the type of mockery fitting of fakes, frauds, and flimflammers, that one might even go so far as to draw a cartoon of him. But very few will even do that, making the plagiarizing merchant the least criticized figure in world history. Those who attempt to do so are not supported and protected by their freedom-loving fellows, but denounced as racist, xenophobic blasphemers by the real islamophobes, which could only further justify whatever response might come after.

To you islamophobes, do not fear, because it is not as you suppose. Muslims can control their actions, even when their beliefs, their idols and their prophets are criticized. They, like us, are people. They have agency, choice, a will, and the very human capacity to arrest their motor cortex. Don’t coddle them because you fear what they might do if you did otherwise. Don't silence criticism because you fear what might come of it. Don’t hold Muslims to a lesser standard than you would anyone else. Don’t disguise your Islamophobia as Islamophilia for the sake of gaining advantage. And god forbid, do not project your islamophobia on the rest of us.

Thank you for reading,

LesMis

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The right wing constantly critizes and attacks Islam so what's the problem? Looks like no one is censoring that? Are conservatives upset because someone called them something they don't like, perhaps an ISLAMOPHOBE?

Funny how people like Trump constantly attack others but as soon as they are retaliated against all the sudden it's a PC problem, or SJW problem, or whatever nonsense is made up to create a safe space.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The best way to avoid confrontation is to look at the ground in silence, or better yet, gain position and favour with the fascists by silencing those who speak up against him, and comfort is prolonged a little longer. Both fascism and islamism aren't too kind to criticism.

Quoted for truth.

No more need be said.

S&F of course.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I have to laugh of the mention CAIR a group that is one of the Muslim brotherhood front in the US and been deemed a terrorist group by Saudi Arabia.

Islamophobia is a name they tag anybody that doesn't agree with Islamizacion of America.

And CAIR is all over it, spreading their tentacles over all the states that the government is dumping middle eastern refugees, after all they don't want the refugees to become too Americanized or their agenda will not work.

edit on 4-8-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Islamophobe, Antisemitic.....

Both words grant awesome and horrible powers to scorch the wrongsayer from the face of the earth with holy fire,

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It doesn't help that Obama is so sympathetic to Muslim Brotherhood and groups like CAIR... quite alarming actually. Oh wait, was that racist of me to say?

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
When someone tells you Islam is the religion of peace, show them this picture. It is of a 2 year old little girl locked in a cage being burned alive. It was posted at the end of July. Mommy and daddy are burning on the other side of the flames. So, don't tell me who I can and cannot like. Am I afraid? Hell no. I just wish I was younger. Maybe CAIR can explain this, but never to my satisfaction.

[SNIPPED]

edit on 4-8-2016 by atrollstalker because: Wo cares.

edit on 8.18.2016 by Kandinsky because: Image removed for being too graphic

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: atrollstalker

OMG!

Who would do that to a toddler?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

A 2 year old? I know they did that to a pilot or a soldier a while back. Are you sure it was a 2 year old? Source? Horrible either way but I have not heard of the 2 year old being burned alive.

Jordanian pilot burned alive.

edit on 8/4/2016 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

OMG!

Friends of Obama. We just paid $400,000,000 to these bastards. I wonder how much Hillary will give them?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

OMG!

No one.

A quick reverse image search proves that to be the case.

It is merely Islamophobic propaganda.

Something the OP doesn't believe in.

Way to trash a thread in 4 posts trollstalker.
edit on 4-8-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: atrollstalker
When someone tells you Islam is the religion of peace, show them this picture. It is of a 2 year old little girl locked in a cage being burned alive. It was posted at the end of July. Mommy and daddy are burning on the other side of the flames. So, don't tell me who I can and cannot like. Am I afraid? Hell no. I just wish I was younger. Maybe CAIR can explain this, but never to my satisfaction.

[SNIPPED]

That is the picture of the pilot being burned alive.

Graphic pilot burned alive photos

edit on 8.18.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

They burnt the man alive!!! Anti Islamic propaganda? What is to defend there?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

[SNIPPED]
Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

edit on 4-8-2016 by atrollstalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 8.18.2016 by Kandinsky because: Removed graphic image

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is a litmus test ;

"Muslim Americans ."

If you see an oxymoron in the sentence above , your programming is complete.

edit on 4-8-2016 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Hazardous1408

They burnt the man alive!!! Anti Islamic propaganda? What is to defend there?

Who defended the barbaric act?

I merely did my research and said it wasn't a two year old.
Get a grip buddy.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

OMG!

An Islamic bastard, that's who.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The picture is of a Jordanian pilot though.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
Here is a litmus test ;

"Muslim Americans ."

If you see an oxymoron in the sentence above , your programming is complete.

Here is an intelligence test: If you see an oxymoron you are in fact lost. Only a radical would see an oxymoron in being both American and muslim, only a radical would suggest Islam above a country.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: atrollstalker

[SNIPPED]

With that logic you can blame Christianity for what these guys did.

edit on 8.18.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join