It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spam - Your Phone is Listening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I thought this important enough to let others know...

I was recently talking about hurricane Katrina with someone and we started talking about how employment was very easy to obtain during those times. One of the jobs was roofing. In under an hour, I had three spam e-mails concerning roofing...I HAVE NEVER SEARCHED OR HAD A ROOFING E-MAIL BEFORE THIS POINT.

Be warned, your phone is listening.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Oouthere

Turn your tv on telemundo overnight and leave your phone by it, you'll start getting ads in spanish

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Hillarious

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My phone better be listening. When it's acting all glitchy I yell at it and tell it that it sucks, and somebody listening better fix it 😠

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It's disgusting.

My wife's new car has a damn camera pointed at us while she drives. I put tape over it like I do all cameras on my devices. They are watching and listening...it makes me sick.

I also put a special security lock on all the USB ports on my cars to keep cops and others from accessing my cars records in the event of an accident.

You really can't make this stuff up.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It's disgusting.

My wife's new car has a damn camera pointed at us while she drives. I put tape over it like I do all cameras on my devices. They are watching and listening...it makes me sick.

I also put a special security lock on all the USB ports on my cars to keep cops and others from accessing my cars records in the event of an accident.

It's easy to bypass usb locks lol, a 0.030 thou soldering iron will turn the trick with a replacement usb port, if they're soldered, otherwise just pull the cable or board and replace it. Personally, I would go with an impact triggered magnesium wrap around the memory chips ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Legally the cops aren't allowed to bypass a lock without a warrant. It isn't the physical barrier that is important at least it is supposed to work that way. Just like they can't walk through a locked gate or door, but if it is wide open they can do what they want.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The OP's title makes apparent that you are introducing "Spam".

Why???

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If you ever downloaded an app, many times you will give it all types of permissions

Yes it can access your mic, your email, your everything

Check permissions on the apps you download. Maybe even do a hard reset of your phone to get a fresh start for now.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Legally the cops aren't allowed to bypass a lock without a warrant. It isn't the physical barrier that is important at least it is supposed to work that way. Just like they can't walk through a locked gate or door, but if it is wide open they can do what they want.

I know, it just doesn't always work the right way, not a perfect world. If it's just a usb board on a tether, they can replace it with another usb board and then put back the original. They are pretty sneaky those cops when they get a vehicle behind closed doors.

Actually, they could do a direct hack through the bluetooth...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oouthere
I thought this important enough to let others know...

I was recently talking about hurricane Katrina with someone and we started talking about how employment was very easy to obtain during those times. One of the jobs was roofing. In under an hour, I had three spam e-mails concerning roofing...I HAVE NEVER SEARCHED OR HAD A ROOFING E-MAIL BEFORE THIS POINT.

Be warned, your phone is listening.

Now that's messed up! I'd be checking all permissions, and dropping some apps!!

It's disgusting.

Add another reason I prefer older cars!!! Egads, never even thought about that sort of issue! I can't imagine buying one with a camera. NO WAY!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Can you imagine leaving your mobile next to a TV with Sky news playing throughout the night?

A visit from some alphabet anti terrorist agency could possibly be on the cards. LoL

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Yep. I started to wonder about that a year ago, and now I am convinced. I think it is the OK Google app.

Last week I was in my car, and spoke outloud to myself. "I need to take more magnesium. I'm having muscle twitches in my legs, and that's what it usually means."

I did not talk about it with anyone else.
I did not actually go buy any magnesium supplements (I forgot ).
I did not do any searches online for magnesium, nor information about magnesium.

The next day, I had pop ups for magnesium supplements all day, everywhere I went online, and in my email box.
This is not the first time it has happened. Each time there was my phone nearby.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Same.

I said to myself the other night, 'Where the hell am I going to bury this friggin body?', and next thing you know Google is asking if I want to buy lime and a shovel.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Had a similar experience.

Was talking to a friend about the F1 last year and about how i wanted to go to the Silverstone F1 GP this year, got a phone call the next day asking if i wanted two tickets,, i was like what I'd not even looked online to see how much they were. very strange!.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

If you are careless and install apps you shouldn't ... then yes, it might be.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Unless you call google maps a careless app, there are no other apps installed.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I don't know any phone with ONLY google maps and nothing else on it, it comes from the factory with far more than that. So I call you out on that. I have never once had any phone calls like this. No one I know has ever mentioned it happening to them.
edit on 31-7-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You said that I installed, I have only installed google maps.

new topics

top topics

join