It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moody's: Clinton economy would create 10 million jobs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am hoping to steer the conversation to issues over personalities. Personally, I don't "like" Trump or Hillary. We are however, stuck with them. I am trying to sort out which candidate to vote for based on which one meets the basic job description.

The economy is obviously a major issue in a presidential campaign. Moody's is obviously a legitimate source.

Moody's

Full disclosure: The analyst has donated to Hillary, but also served as advisor to Republican candidate McCain.

Please keep the name calling and mud throwing to other threads, there are many. I would like to encourage a discussion on the issues.

Hillary Clinton's plans for the economy would boost growth and create millions of jobs, according to a new analysis. Moody's Analytics estimates that if the Democratic presidential nominee's proposals are enacted, the economy would create 10.4 million jobs during her presidency, or 3.2 million more than expected under current law. The pace of GDP growth would also accelerate to an annual average of 2.7%, from the current forecast of 2.3%. "The upshot of our analysis is that Secretary Clinton's economic policies when taken together will result in a stronger U.S. economy under almost any scenario," Moody's writes in its report. Moody's Analytics is an independent research group, but the lead author of the report on Clinton is Mark Zandi, who donated $2,700 to her campaign last year, according to data from the Center for Responsive Politics. Zandi was a vocal supporter of the stimulus package President Obama deployed during the financial crisis of 2009, but he has also served as an economic adviser to former Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

so how does this compare to Trumps policies ?

Moody's published a similar analysis of Donald Trump's plans in June. It concluded that the Republican presidential nominee's policies would result in an economic downturn that would last longer than the Great Recession. About 3.5 million Americans would lose their jobs, unemployment would jump to 7% and home prices would fall. The reports are based on a forecasting model similar to those used by the Federal Reserve and Congressional Budget Office. Moody's found that several of Clinton's key policies would boost the economy: Her immigration proposal would increase the number of skilled workers in the country, more government spending on infrastructure would help business productivity, and her paid family leave proposal would bring more people into the workforce.

what about other variables ?

Other Clinton proposals would have a more complicated effect. Gradually hiking the minimum wage to $12 would reduce employment by 650,000 as businesses chose to hire fewer low-wage employees. However, pay would rise substantially for workers that kept their jobs. "Evident from her proposals is the belief that the country needs to invest more in education, infrastructure and workers, and that the well-to-do, and to a lesser degree financial institutions and businesses, should pay for it," Moody's said. "While her budget arithmetic does not completely add up, it is pretty close, and the nation's debt load under her plan is no different than under current law," the group continued. The team at Moody's also ran the numbers on what would happen if Clinton could only get some of her policies through Congress. This "Clinton Lite" option still produces stronger growth in GDP and jobs than current law, but the gains aren't as impressive. In a third scenario, under which Clinton is elected but congressional opposition prevents her plans from being implemented, the economy's performance is similar to what is expected under current law.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Grasping at straws are they! Hahahaha ;-)

More jobs are not going to be created unless jobs are brought back to the US from Mexico, China, Singapore, the Philippines, etc. Clinton is not there to bring back jobs, she would be there to support the status quo and the establishment. The only way I can see Clinton creating jobs is for her to start a war, a major one, that requires everyone working, many of which would be making armaments. Moody's is not an objective organization, just as I am not objective in how I like my steak done. This is just more throwing spaghetti at the walls to see what sticks.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/29.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Moody's chief economical forecaster has donated to the Clinton campaign

In other news, someone that donated to trump says trump plan will work and Clinton's won't

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If the Clinton Economy will create 10 million jobs why hasn't the Obama economy already done so?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Moody's Analytics estimates

Notice the key word- estimates
Estimates
Per Google defs

a rough calculation of the value, number, quantity, or extent of something.

I.E. they are my numbers. I can do anything I like with em

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

10 million jobs, most of which will likely be in cyber security.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sweet, she'll create 10 million more government jobs that us regular folk have to pay for. Yaaaaaaa

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for all of those "shovel ready" jobs

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

TPP.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm going to find a cure for a horrible disease, but wait until the people make me their king before I save them.

or

I'm going to use people to lie for me so I can be made king.

Either, or.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
On what planet?

lol, Oh, I see. NOW they can create jobs with a woman potus!

Ok, I'll buy that and a shovel ready job, please.

10 mil. That sounds like a lot.

50 mil jobs would be better.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
In whose country?

Personal to burgerbuddy: I think it need to be 110 million jobs. If I had the Presidency for just 5 short minutes I could ensure 110 million jobs were created.

edit on 2972016 by Snarl because: message

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The economy is obviously a major issue in a presidential campaign. Moody's is obviously a legitimate source. Moody's

STOP right there...

Moodys credibility...seriously?

en.wikipedia.org...

Or

www.usatoday.com...

2008 crisis still hangs over credit-rating firms
Matt Krantz, USA TODAY 6:53 p.m. EDT September 13, 2013
Three big credit-rating agencies are still trying to restore reputations damaged by the high ratings they gave risky securities before 2008 financial meltdown.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I went and looked at her actual policies. I seen bunch of government pork.

maternity leave= increased corporate cost. on the fence about the issue myself.

15/hr= mass job losses in unskilled labor. Combine this with unmitigated illegal immigration(no minimum wage) which she endorses will equal 100% youth unemployment for blacks. It is already at 60%.

A lot pointless preschool education spending= mass bureaucrats, corruption and some teachers

Currently opposes the TPP = she will be the one to sign it into law

plans additional taxes on HFTs and higher capital gains, looking at her donations, not gonna happen.

It appears to me that moody's added all the policy benefits without any of the cost.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

The economy is obviously a major issue in a presidential campaign. Moody's is obviously a legitimate source. Moody's

STOP right there...

Moodys credibility...seriously?

en.wikipedia.org...

Or

www.usatoday.com...

2008 crisis still hangs over credit-rating firms
Matt Krantz, USA TODAY 6:53 p.m. EDT September 13, 2013
Three big credit-rating agencies are still trying to restore reputations damaged by the high ratings they gave risky securities before 2008 financial meltdown.

Right on hasn't Moody's done enough to screw us, do we need really need them to project rhetoric to promote it happening again? INSANITY

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I would also like to note that GDP growth is not that important. The number that should always be examined is median income or median household income. After taxes of course.
With higher immigration than lets say trump's policies, growth is bound to be higher as is job growth.

Using BLS info unemployment in large part has dropped because a lot of people have simply dropped out of the job market. The recovery is largely overstated as in. Also GDP numbers in the past are always getting revised downwards to make the present look better. Lot of number play at the BLS where most employment info is gleaned from.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
How can Moody's claim 'Hillary' Clintons plans for the economy? Did they miss this?

Hillary Clinton is beginning to shape the role her husband would play in her administration, zeroing in on economic growth and job creation as crucial missions for the former president.

Mrs. Clinton told voters in Kentucky on Sunday that Mr. Clinton would be “in charge of revitalizing the economy, because, you know, he knows how to do it,” especially “in places like coal country and inner cities.” On a campaign swing this month before the West Virginia primary, she said her husband has “got to come out of retirement and be in charge” of creating jobs. www.nytimes.com...

That quote of hers says it all. She is incompetent and will rely on her husband to do the job she is incapable of doing. Does she know how to do anything besides lie and erase emails? Create 10 million jobs.....I don't think so!
edit on 29-7-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

10 MILLION JOBS?

Oh, right,

in China . . . one of her major 'benefactors.'

. . . or . . .

just maybe . . . new jobs in the caverns of the Morlachs helping carve up the Eloi (the screechy one's "little people"--the serfs and slaves of the former middle class--being so increasingly and rapidly trashed) for the endless Bar-B-Q's?

edit on 29/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 29/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

In 2008, at the height of the global financial crisis, rating agencies were accused of misrepresenting the risks associated with mortgage-related securities. Critics alleged that they created complex but unreliable models to calculate the probability of default for individual mortgages as well for the securitized products created by bundling these mortgages. Raters deemed many of these structured products top-tier AAA material during the housing boom, only to sharply downgrade them when the housing market collapsed. In 2007, as housing prices began to tumble, Moody's downgraded 83 percent of the $869 billion in mortgage securities it had rated at the AAA level in 2006.

www.cfr.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Really? Really? I mean really? people have short term memories, but it was under Bill Clinton that US downward of job lost peak for the years to come when he signed the NAFTA so is Hillary to fix her husband mistake?

Really, People get a grip, is nothing but lies.

Almost in 3 years after NAFTA was signed 500 thousand manufacturing jobs were lost.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join