It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go back to bed America, Your Government is in control.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatGoldStandard

I totally agree!!

Americans is all I can speak for as this is where I spend most of my time throughout my life so far. This Country of mine has went from good to evil. Where did we go wrong?

We allow division, we believe what we are told by the media, we do not think for our self and that's a huge problem in and of itself. When you do not think for yourself you are a slave. We have become slaves to a system.

We have become complacent and definitely aren't humble anymore. We see war on TV and yell kill em all like it's a movie we're watching.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. I don't know what it will take to wake people up but until people actually feel like it's hitting their home they won't do jack.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

That was me 11 months ago. I moved 2000 kms and went and found the work.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatGoldStandard
Go back to bed America, Your Government is in control.

Eat what we tell you to eat, Take what drugs we tell you to take, Buy what we tell you to buy, Earn what we let you earn, Pay what we tell you to pay, Accept what laws we tell you to accept.

Whilst we murder your fellow citizens, Lock others up unfairly, corrupt the system and enjoy the wealth just be content, for your Government is watching, Your Government is in control and we promise, you won't be next...

Whilst we burn children in their homes, whilst we commit terrorism around the globe...feel safe, feel confident, feel aware..aware that we are right, we are righteous, we are watching, we are in control and we promise, you won't be next...

Do not think. Do not question. Do not protest. Do not fight. Instead submit and let generations pay the price...

To protect and Serve...But who will be protected and served when the time comes? The people? Or the Money? Don't believe it's possible, Dont think thier capable? Watch the video in the link below.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

When violent protest is Illegal and Peaceful protest is met with aggression...Where do you turn? Don't believe in a broken system. Don't spread the virus.

I'd be more compelled to say.. Go back to bed America, your Gov't is out of Control and quite possibly Drunk as well.

all in all, nice post, tis all truth.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

If you really mena better to die a lion. Go out and prove it by stopping them. BE the martyr everyone needs.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

a reply to: imod02

Don't manipulate what I said and try and make me as uncaring and heartless as you. I said

And as far as Don Quixote goes, Atleast I will have a pretty good story written about me.

As in if your right and I am crazy atleast I might have a story written about me.

Its not importaint to me to have storys wrote about me, what is important is to do the right thing at the right time,
When fighting evil you must never let it chouse when and where to fight, you must chouse the place. Evil loves people who want to be heros and people who have knee jerk reactions as they are easy to control and defeat

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

See you did it again. You ignored what I said and instead carried on the narrative that I am desiring a story written about me.

You keep comparing me to this guy right?

The story follows the adventures of an hidalgo named Mr. Alonso Quixano who reads so many chivalric romances that he loses his sanity and decides to set out to revive chivalry, undo wrongs, and bring justice to the world, under the name Don Quixote de la Mancha

So I said, If your right and I am crazy, atleast They might write a book about me.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

See you did it again. You ignored what I said and instead carried on the narrative that I am desiring a story written about me.

You keep comparing me to this guy right?

The story follows the adventures of an hidalgo named Mr. Alonso Quixano who reads so many chivalric romances that he loses his sanity and decides to set out to revive chivalry, undo wrongs, and bring justice to the world, under the name Don Quixote de la Mancha

So I said, If your right and I am crazy, atleast They might write a book about me.

The thing is you need save the world, but you want everyone to know you are trying to save the world. If you fight something that you cannot beat two things happen, you get hurt or worse so you are no use anymore, the the thing you fight gets stronger so infact you are helping the thing you want to fight.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Serious question and asked with all respect.

What do you do, in real life, currently, that helps to solve or alleviate the problems in this country that you are pointing out?

I think if you provided examples of actions you are currently taking it would help to bring perspective to this dialog and might help fellow members to not feel as if they're being lectured to, but instead, be inspired by.
edit on 28-7-2016 by slowisfast because: sp

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

Exactly where Im at as well. I see the problem and have contemplated how lil ole me can change it. All I have done is try to educate people via social media. I want a solution to this horrible problem and sometimes I feel so overwhelmed as I don't know how I can change it other than being the change I want to see and trying to educate.

It's hard though to educate people who do not see a problem. They feel as though their vote counts and by me saying I refuse to do it... Im looked at as an outsider when I am in fact refusing to play a game which results are already in.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

1. Exactly where Im at as well. I see the problem and have contemplated how lil ole me can change it. All I have done is try to educate people via social media. I want a solution to this horrible problem and sometimes I feel so overwhelmed as I don't know how I can change it other than being the change I want to see and trying to educate.

2. It's hard though to educate people who do not see a problem. They feel as though their vote counts and by me saying I refuse to do it... Im looked at as an outsider when I am in fact refusing to play a game which results are already in.

1. You can't change it. Not by yourself. The sooner you take that weight off your shoulders the better you'll be. You used the term 'the problem' twice in the first paragraph. Have you clearly defined what you think that problem is? If the problem is big enough and horrible enough it's effects would be seen echoing into your local community. Maybe start there? Identify areas where you can see real world effects of this 'problem' and put your feet on the ground as opposed to fingertips to keys. Helping to alleviate suffering on a small scale is more manageable that trying to solve 'the worlds' problems. It's easier to solve problems on your street, in your town than trying to solve the problems of nations.

2. First, who cares? What others think and do is their own business and you can't force them to see things your way. People don't like to be lectured at(which I might be doing?) about anything. People are far more likely to be inspired by action. By actually being the change...Not talking about being the change or posting about being the change or telling others how to be the change but by actually being the 'change'. Back to point one.
edit on 28-7-2016 by slowisfast because: sp

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Great points and well delivered and taken into consideration. Thank you !!

I see the "problem" at its root which imo is The Federal Reserve.

How do I take "that" to the streets of my local community?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

I gotcha..I respectfully disagree. I don't see the Federal Reserve as the problem(it's certainly 'a' problem), I see it as a symptom. I think our problems go much deeper. I think it's a heart problem...but that's just me.

Where to start? I don't know the needs of the people in your community. I'd just encourage you to get involved..get to know the people in your area. Opportunities will surface. We've never been more disconnected from our own neighbors and communities than we are here in 2016. It's easy to go to work, pick up dinner on the way home, turn on nexflix and pull up your laptop and disconnect from everything outside of our home while at the same time feeling 'connected' to the outside world. It's weird. But if you make it a heart felt desire to help people, help alleviate suffering in their lives, you'll see opportunities to do just that all around you. It might not solve the Federal Reserve problem but it might help the single mother whose husband just left her or the parents whose child died a few months ago or the family whose been out of work and is wondering where groceries for the week will come from.

I'm not lecturing, I promise. I use to feel very much like yourself and the OP. For me it took a little growing up, a little perspective, and a whole lot of Grace.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

not really

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What a depressing state of affairs we live in.
Bring on the zombie apocalypse!
The majority are already zombies as it is, and frankly I'm sick of the establishment's B/S.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I am very involved in my community.

Im a Realtor and reach out to my neighbors daily.

I was raised that way and have raised my kids that way as well.

Making a difference in peoples lives every single day with a smile sometimes, ya know?

My goal is to do more and thats what I do with my social media..... I will figure out a way to help even more.

I want to end the illusion of freedom and wake the American people up. Somehow someway the old has to go and new ways have to emerge.

Again, imo, The Federal Reserve is the biggest problem we have.. it is the heart!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Deja vu. I remember reading this months ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

You need to look beyond your tiny world and see the big picture.

Says the guy who lives on a conspiracy site 24/7 yet denies every conspiracy.

Very odd if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Oh noes! Am I a disinfo agent out to get you?!

Grow up

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

No it is a good question. I was involved in the March against monsanto last year, as one of the few protests that was'nt some kind of BLM thug activity. This was for labeling foods and breaking up the 90% monopoly on food in monsanto. In a sense it was a success as they released labeling laws, but reading those laws show just how rigged it still is.

But thats the problem. To few actual protests pertaining to anything major. The majority of protests last year were BLM. Which is to me a completely misguided group with alot of needlessly violent members. They get arrested but its because they are looting, smashing cars or throwing objects at police.

Ive told people about some of the # going on and most of the time its pointless. Most time they debate it with me but refuse to actually look into it. For example I was in an arguement with two people about WACO a while ago, in person not online, they were arguing what I said is crazy but would'nt watch the video because it was 3 hours long. Its frustrating. I bet they would watch TV for 3 hours if the Kardashians were doing a special. And that ends the conversation because as I said "How can I listen to your point of view if you know nothing, and refuse to learn anything, about it.

All protests that happen when I am able to go seem to be BLM these days.

People in power won't take notice until you arrive in numbers. Occupy I was there, people were peaceful, in numbers and still getting beat down, It was like a game of wack a mole to those police. But people gave up. I dont blame them but at the same time if you just quit a protest it kinda says they can walk all over us.

Though with occupy there were inner issues such as a lack of leadership and direction. Some say it was a success some a failure, I think it was neither I just hope it paves the way for something bigger.
edit on 28-7-2016 by WhatGoldStandard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think it's great that you get involved. I agree Monsanto is an issue...I know it is to myself. I know I wouldn't bother with a protest march against them(which is not a judgement against those that do) I'll just deny them the only thing that I have control over and that is my money.

A far as Occupy and BLM and big protest...stuff that's 'major'. That's boring to me(not that they're unimportant on some level). I would encourage people to get involved at their local level. Run for a council position or a county position. A planning commission. Something. Influence and involvement at the local level is vastly underrated. I use to complain about what I saw in the world when I was in my early to mid-twenties. By the time I was about to turn thirty I decided to get involved and joined a commission. Eventually ran for a councilman position and am in my mid-thirties and currently in my third term. While it doesn't effect things on a macro level, we all live in the micro, local, level. And if good people(which I hope I'm one) don't fill those positions they will be filled by those looking for personal advancement and enrichment.

As far as arguing(I encourage the word 'discussing') with people about Waco..It was nearly 25 years ago and most people, even if they remember it in the vague sense, don't care enough. Debate and argumentation are extremely overrated in my opinion and has exploded with this internet culture we have developed. Instead of looking for a debate or an argument, but of which involves the mindset of a winner and loser, I encourage looking for conversation...discussion. That involves sharing your views but also hearing others. If upon hearing them out you can draw out flaws in their thinking I've found the Socratic Method an effective way to question their own views by making them actually think about what they believe.

Anyways. I apologize that I've rambled on. I'm glad you care about the issues you're passionate about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join