It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soul Mates do they exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: awareness10

I had such a lady partner. Pointed out my flaws when i ask, she was happy with those flaws. But also i wanted to change them personally. And she was there every step of the way. Together we inspired each other. As well as aspiring to help each other every step of the way to be better.

Fights were strange however. Rather than raise each other voices, she taught me to stay calm and explain my rationale without repercussions or regret if you will. And she explained her position on matters to me without regret. From there we became better.

I fully believe there is that perfect someone out there. A Soul Mate.... possibly. The 2 of us were definitely Extensions of each others Soul. More important she was my Best Friend.
I miss her, as she is gone to soon.😔

I gave up on dating since. For fear i may try to compare another for her. Been since October 26 2005.

Edit: S&F Awareness 😊👍

I'm glad you had time with her, i know what you mean by the fights, i believe that's all part of the package. People are people. My soul mate too left too soon. I never thought i'd find another. But i believe i have. It's been a very long hard walk, as you know, it's never easy. I understand more than you know, the pain you endure from losing someone is almost unbearable. You shut yourself off, and carry on hoping for the pain to cease.

Much Respect to you

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

😊🍸 no need for words (as im typing). You understand, and i thank you.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Very nice it speaks of love eternal beyond the attachments to form, our constant shadow aware of them or not coming and going blending into and out of every form as we struggle to comprehend the unspoken with words, the unseen with eyes, and a nature without being.

A single lie destroys all faith in the one seeing and knowing all, while acceptance may give rise to an imperfect form to match ones own if we also fail to accept that form given to grow us into better, happier then we fail yet again and the fates place us back in the land of learning and struggle wrestling with the bull found in Taurus which is really oneself.

The us against the world may seem like a trope, but when one diligently works for love in love and freedom the unseen as a shadow works to form the world to match.

As it becomes a love greater than oneself, strength of character a rock stronger than the earth itself... and in only such a position can the two come into perfect harmony together in creation love and beauty without destroying that found in all other creations.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I believe there are many definitions of what a soul mate is. There are too many. For example extroverts most likely have more 'soul mates' in this category of friend types, and possibly romantic types.

Ah, that make sense to me!

Some people never find that. There are other aspects as well i feel, that deserve that title. Those who not only connect at the atomic level, but also the physical one. I for one, can say in all honesty i will never find another, before my passing, save the one i've found.

I'm glad that you've found yours and it makes you happy. We could all use a little more 'happy' couldn't we?

I have found mine, but it's complicated, sometimes we must wait.. patiently ... ah complications never cease do they.

I wrote this thread in hopes possibly it would be seen.

Ah well then, I hope it is seen as well!

Patience has never been a strong suit of mine although I am being tested at the moment in my personal life with it and so far I am able to hold out so I hope, for you, that you are able to withstand the test of patience/time also.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I had such a lady partner. Pointed out my flaws when i ask, she was happy with those flaws. But also i wanted to change them personally. And she was there every step of the way. Together we inspired each other. As well as aspiring to help each other every step of the way to be better.

Fights were strange however. Rather than raise each other voices, she taught me to stay calm and explain my rationale without repercussions or regret if you will. And she explained her position on matters to me without regret. From there we became better.

I fully believe there is that perfect someone out there. A Soul Mate.... possibly. The 2 of us were definitely Extensions of each others Soul. More important she was my Best Friend.

I gave up on dating since. For fear i may try to compare another for her. Been since October 26 2005.

I should ad that being a perfect fit for each other. We were 2 very different people. She was an artist and teacher. I was the Firefighter & Paramedic. Damnit! I miss her....... WHO CUT THE ONIONS😢

Life is a journey brother and along the way we have different companions to accompany us.

When one leaves another should join you as no one should walk the path of life alone.

I am sure she would not want you to be alone would she?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: blend57

Very nice it speaks of love eternal beyond the attachments to form, our constant shadow aware of them or not coming and going blending into and out of every form as we struggle to comprehend the unspoken with words, the unseen with eyes, and a nature without being.

A single lie destroys all faith in the one seeing and knowing all, while acceptance may give rise to an imperfect form to match ones own if we also fail to accept that form given to grow us into better, happier then we fail yet again and the fates place us back in the land of learning and struggle wrestling with the bull found in Taurus which is really oneself.

The us against the world may seem like a trope, but when one diligently works for love in love and freedom the unseen as a shadow works to form the world to match.

As it becomes a love greater than oneself, strength of character a rock stronger than the earth itself... and in only such a position can the two come into perfect harmony together in creation love and beauty without destroying that found in all other creations.

Thankyou, your responses are so beautifully poetic. You're right, the unseen is indeed as a shadow, working to form the world to match. Love that.

Cheers to that
edit on 7/27/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I believe there are many definitions of what a soul mate is. There are too many. For example extroverts most likely have more 'soul mates' in this category of friend types, and possibly romantic types.

Ah, that make sense to me!

Some people never find that. There are other aspects as well i feel, that deserve that title. Those who not only connect at the atomic level, but also the physical one. I for one, can say in all honesty i will never find another, before my passing, save the one i've found.

I'm glad that you've found yours and it makes you happy. We could all use a little more 'happy' couldn't we?

I have found mine, but it's complicated, sometimes we must wait.. patiently ... ah complications never cease do they.

I wrote this thread in hopes possibly it would be seen.

Ah well then, I hope it is seen as well!

Patience has never been a strong suit of mine although I am being tested at the moment in my personal life with it and so far I am able to hold out so I hope, for you, that you are able to withstand the test of patience/time also.

Good luck!

Thankyou my friend, I believe if it is meant to be it will indeed occur. I'm just really glad there are people like you and everyone on this thread here ''sorry guys too bushed to name everyone but you know who you are'' lol, with kind hearts and peaceful minds. It makes coming here worth while and i do appreciate you guys greatly, thankyou.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
What if you find someone who seems to be your soul mate and they treat you like dirt?

Your primary responsibility in life is to yourself in my opinion.

If the person who seems to be your soul mate is going to damage you in some severe way, what do you do?

I don't think you can stay because if you lose what makes you you, it's too high of a price...

Even if that means leaving the person who seems to be your soul mate.
edit on 27-7-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Yes i've experienced that myself, being treated badly by someone i felt was a potential soul mate. I sparred frequently with my soul mate before he passed away. It didnt mean we did not love each other. It's a love much deeper than words, much deeper than anger or resentment. These things mean nothing to a soul mate. They are as passing waves in an ocean of tears.

You cannot avoid pain it's impossible, but i have dreamt of my soul mate, regardless of the sparring, and i know he is the one. I feel him daily even though he is not with me physically he is alive and well.

If you cannot lose yourself for love, you'll never find it.
edit on 7/27/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I wish people could understand Björk's "All Is Full of Love" the way I do. You don't have to do anything to feel love. It's literally everywhere.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-7-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

( wipes tears, sips coffee ).. thanks for those words. I have my dogs and a small knit of friends. Everything else is being here on ATS. Im aware of your situation, and i dare not desire to hurt your feelings by bringing it up. But do know myself and others are here for you.

Its been very hard to look at another lady and beging to wonder "What If"..... could she be? The thing is, aside from being behind this screen. Im painfully shy. To the point that i Clam up and just smile in a corner with friends when other single ladies are around. And if im ask by a lady a question...... i beging to Squeak and Stutter, even though i dont have a stutter.😊

No one should have to walk this journey called life alone. You are right about that. I value the old saying...... "When You least expect it, Suddenly there it Is" 😊

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Thankyou for that Profusion..

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Im a romantic... not hopeless being the difference, as the stereotype typically goes

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

You're making me cry now... it's been 8 yrs for me, and it's bloody hard still. I know how you guys feel.

It's the hardest thing to do on the planet.. some days i just feel like being invisible and nothing else matters.

.. It's hard to be tough when you'd rather just fall apart.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Unfortunately, once found the battle others desire to wage over the one they want you to be over what you are in their own selfishness, instead of acceptance becomes the battle of all battles... Odin lost an eye once watching too closely such a thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
To me, a soul mate is very specific. Imagine a person where you look into their eyes and have this overwhelming feeling of love and adoration. Where you feel you want to spend all eternity in their arms. Every second around each other is pleasing. Laughter, romantic, always willing to have them at your side without ever wanting to push them away.

At least in the beginning. Though, the rest of the days together is soothing, enjoyable, loving, adoring.

Does it exist? Maybe for some but not for all.

It's an awesome thing when two people feel so passionately about one another. In my experience and by looking at those around me all of my life, it doesn't happen. It's either one is so into the other but not always the other way around. Don't get me wrong, all of my relationships have been where the both of us have complete affection for the other but it's always been for one of us, 'not as much as the other'. There have been times where I knew this gal was totally in to me and would do anything for me. I liked her a lot but I wasn't as in to her as she was me. There were other times, albeit very... extremely... ok I can count them on less than one hand... Where I was so much in love with a gal and the feelings were not as deep for me as I had for her. I mean... Sure, there was a lot of love and affection but all of the swooning always seems to be on one side more so than the other.

Not all that long ago.. I met this one girl. We listed to the same music, had the same fave band, and all of the hobbies and interests were the same. We were both passionate lovers, intense huggers/cuddlers and so many other similarities. It was perfect! Finally... A soul mate! There was not one thing wrong with this.....

Yeah... that only lasted a month
Oh man, but was she beautiful and perfect to me and I to her. At least it seemed so in the beginning. One thing we didn't know about... Our differences. We had so much in common that we didn't realize that we had differences and often times, people just don't like to compromise. You'd be amazed at how the littlest of things can be the biggest of things for anyone at all.

Your cardboard box... My castle...

Anyways... I guess what I'm saying is, I really don't believe in a such thing anymore. I used to but the romantic side of me has lost it's hope and is just laying down and die'ing. I do believe in love and long relationships and life long partners, but through out the many years, the idea of a soul mate has just been lost in all the confusing, self centered haze of noncompromise and assumptions.

Good topic though. I've often contemplated this very thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Unfortunately, once found the battle others desire to wage over the one they want you to be over what you are in their own selfishness, instead of acceptance becomes the battle of all battles... Odin lost an eye once watching too closely such a thing.

Indeed that is truth, and a selfish heart can see no farther. Love see's all there is no veil betwixt here nor there.

And Odin yes did lose an eye, he learnt his lesson well. I have retorted to but sit, watch and wait. When it happens it happens and in that shall i be ready.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I should ad that being a perfect fit for each other. We were 2 very different people. She was an artist and teacher. I was the Firefighter & Paramedic. Damnit! I miss her....... WHO CUT THE ONIONS😢

Life is a journey brother and along the way we have different companions to accompany us.

When one leaves another should join you as no one should walk the path of life alone.
I am sure she would not want you to be alone would she?

What kind words!
I agree with you and feel life is too short to be alone if one desires companionship.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all of that.

Some ladies may find shyness appealing/attractive. It's good that you have close friends.

2005 to present is an awfully long time to be alone though, to me, and I do wish you oodles of luck in whatever you choose to do from here.

If you want to jump head first, go for it! If the romantic side of things don't work out with someone you are interested in you could always be left with another close friend. That wouldn't be too bad either, would it?

Life is incredibly short.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Profusion

Sometimes we fall in love with someone who seems to be are soulmates...but are not. I've experienced that before...and eventually we parted ways..but that doesn't mean that loving that person wasn't worth it. I learned a lot from those experiences..each one taught me how to love better...

Maybe you are being taught how to love better as well..just my own personal thoughts..may not fit what you are going through though..much luck to you..whatever happens.

Thanks,
blend57

edit on 27-7-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You're making me cry now... it's been 8 yrs for me, and it's bloody hard still. I know how you guys feel.

It's the hardest thing to do on the planet.. some days i just feel like being invisible and nothing else matters.

.. It's hard to be tough when you'd rather just fall apart.

Im So Sorry😮. Making you cry was not my intention..... so so sorry.

I know the feeling of wanting to be invisible. So you'll find me at home alot. I'll be out back on the deck, throwing the dog toys for fetching. Or the boys (dogs) and i will be sunning it up relaxing.
I have a nice front yard as i enjoy yard work. But i am on a street of 80+ homes. And very nosy neighbors. They all pull up in their cars and want to chat. Mostly house moms talking about gossip. A budy and his girlfriend were over helping one day and witnessed such an event. Apparently i was being flirted with....... and i had no clue. It could have hit me in the face with a flying brick, and i wouldn't know.

I tend to stare downwards when talking to others. Its hard to make eye contact, but i can hear her voice ( my soulmates ) in my head saying.."Eye Contact", and I'll say back to her in my head "Oh yeah, thanks".

I truly do miss her, I always wondered if Souls had Doppelganger's. And someday that our souls will cross paths again. 😊

edit on 27-7-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join