It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYPD Will Be Dressed for War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
From the second picture posted, "I HAVE NEVER worked with someone who went to work and said "Today I'm going to kill/beat/deprive someone of their civil rights."

Well he's right, they don't say that, because then they'd have to admit in their heads that they were being the "bad guys." For a period of time i hung out with a sheriff's deputy and some of his deputy buddies and could not believe the things they would say. Things like "My wife is pissing me off. I hope someone gives me some lip on my shift, I feel like beating someones ass." Their favorite things to talk about weren't stories of epic heroism and danger, they were stories about getting to beat up on "perps," and bullying and scaring "civvies." That and all the times they got out of a DUI. They were extremely proud of their ability to drink and drive without getting arrested.

Part of the problem I could see is the way they viewed non-police, or "civvies" as they're were referred to. Civvies aren't to be protected and served, they're to be held in disdain and suspicion. That was a common thread to their conversations, that anyone who isn't a police officer was a wuss or a pussy and had no right to criticize a police officer, but a police officer that criticized other police officers was worse than scum.

You can take this with a grain of salt because these were all sheriff's "Deputies," and in a rural area like I live in most of them are just buddies of the sheriff or of other deputies that were given a badge and authority so they are usually the worst of the worst when it comes to abusing authority, but it certainly was eye opening going to bars with them and hearing their perspective. I ended up having to stop hanging out with them (mostly at bars) because of the drunk driving, they seemed to think that even if something happened they wouldn't get in much trouble and I couldn't condone that sort of recklessness.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

do you think any cop would ever admit to that. no matter how true that was.

that's the real scary part, they can deny, deny, deny, until the chief can't pull anymore strings. that's when cases actually go to trial.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSmediaPRO

originally posted by: Orionx2

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Orionx2

Why?

Seems some cops are willing to blow away cuffed individuals, unarmed individuals and all sorts of other people who were not posing a legitimate threat at the time. Why should anyone give the cops a break if they are not treated as savagely by the law as a citizen would be in the same scenario?

320miilion people and only 1O00 people a year get killed by police, and the majority of those are legitimate.

In my opinion that's 1,000 people too many. Besides, as we all know, the government does not track police killings. We have to rely on citizens to compile the figures

Despite public protests, occupations, direct action, and increased public scrutiny, U.S. police killed more people in 2015 than in 2014. While numbers vary from source to source — the Washington Post cites 975, while the Guardian puts the tally at 1,125 — the website killedbypolice.net found that police have killed 1,186 people in 2015 (the U.S. government currently does not track how many people are killed in police encounters.)

So you live in a delusional world were people threatening the police doesn't exist and cops just kill random people minding their own law abiding business.....

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Show me where I quoted anything you said and put spin on it.

Seriously??? Read the last paragraph of your reply to me...... We seem to have a serious difference of opinion on context and perception...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Why?

Seems some cops are willing to blow away cuffed individuals, unarmed individuals and all sorts of other people who were not posing a legitimate threat at the time. Why should anyone give the cops a break if they are not treated as savagely by the law as a citizen would be in the same scenario?

320miilion people and only 1O00 people a year get killed by police, and the majority of those are legitimate.

In my opinion that's 1,000 people too many. Besides, as we all know, the government does not track police killings. We have to rely on citizens to compile the figures

Despite public protests, occupations, direct action, and increased public scrutiny, U.S. police killed more people in 2015 than in 2014. While numbers vary from source to source — the Washington Post cites 975, while the Guardian puts the tally at 1,125 — the website killedbypolice.net found that police have killed 1,186 people in 2015 (the U.S. government currently does not track how many people are killed in police encounters.)

So you live in a delusional world were people threatening the police doesn't exist and cops just kill random people minding their own law abiding business.....

I live in East Harlem (110 and 1st Ave) and I believe that all life is sacred and that people are innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Police officers have no right sentencing anyone to death.
edit on 26-7-2016 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
OP and others in this thread might find this idea something to consider www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's an old thread that didn't garner much comments, but I think the idea is still relevant.

I saw this all coming down the pipe awhile back.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Nice thread! I would like to add that the 4th amendment was created because of the redcoats and now has slowly eroded away because of LEO's...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Great point.
We're slowly slipping backwards it seems.

Or maybe its a push forward if you inherently believe how the founding fathers expected us to deal with this.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist
Sad times indeed.............stay as far away from US Cityscape as you possibly can. There's really no reason to be in a US city except because a person's job is there. My employer was heavily, loudly and repeatedly told by employers to exit the major metro area we were headquartered in and...............they ultimately had to listen and move.
Now there's a push to build a regional airport far from the cities so people don't have to travel to a city to catch a flight.

Its a slow process, but Americans are slowly learning.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Why?

I live in East Harlem (110 and 1st Ave) and I believe that all life is sacred and that people are innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Police officers have no right sentencing anyone to death.

Obviously the person about to kill the cop doesn't agree with you. If I understand you correctly a cop should just stand there and get shot when someone is shooting at them? A cop should just watch someone else get murdered. Wow.... just wow....

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
OP and others in this thread might find this idea something to consider www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's an old thread that didn't garner much comments, but I think the idea is still relevant.

I saw this all coming down the pipe awhile back.
Your thread was on point, man.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ummm...you realize that purchasing protective equipment for a police force is not "militarization" or "gearing up for war," right?

In fact, it's quite a relatively intelligent thing to do, what with the fact that the next call to which any LEO responds could be someone (or some people) with absolute intent to harm them with firearms.

Sorry, you're being overdramatic on this one.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

They should all be wearing helmets and vest with tamper proof cams. Protect them and protect us.
edit on 26-7-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i see it happening. Even on Facebook, where there is great social pressure to line up as a boot licker. The divide and conquer has come to LEO. We are either with them, or against them. So put on your little blue lines, everyone.

I can support the police without all the histrionics.

This is all a pissing match. So some cops get killed a thousand miles away, and NYPD wants to gear up. The result of this will be criminals just getting weapons that are stronger. Its called "escalation", and the NYPD is guilty of it.
edit on 7/26/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

These attacks on the police did nothing to stop police violence against against citizens. In fact, it will did the exact opposite.

Yeah I could of told you that. If BLM had come to me and asked I would of told them murdering 5 good cops won't stop the bad ones abusing their power.

The main unseen conflict is that of the people vs an oppressive government. That is the important issue all of this race baiting is just distracting people from the true issues going on today.

The problem is no one fact checks against the media, or atleast most don't. In alot of cases the "white cop kills unarmed black man" turns out to be an asain cop, or a latino. One cop had a 1/3 black based heritage.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Awesome. In Colorado yesterday a couple teenagers got 'swatted' while playing and livestreaming Pokemon Go in a public park. Imagine looking up from your screen to see the paramilitary forces aiming dozens of rifles at you. It happened. Next time helmets and ski masks will be included, sweet!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The NYPD are adopting tactics and strategies that subject law-abiding citizens to intimidation and fear.

This could be an example of TERRORISM 2.0 - where it's the same as TERRORISM 1.0, but it's officially sanctioned by government against citizens as a collective blanket decision.

I hope the NYPD reaps all that it intends to sow with this latest announcement.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So one guy on Facebook speaks for everybody with a badge eh?

Weird. We didn't get that memo.

And I'll keep my vest, please and thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

They should get trained to fire a weapon ONLY when they see one, thats for damned sure.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
uparmoring for the massive riots that are going to take place when trump wins. The inner cities will be burning.

The day after voting day. I am guessing the protest will start being organized in october as there is no stopping the trump train as it goes by the collapsing hole called the DNC.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join