It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Mods allowed to star posts more than us regulars?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Interesting. Not a deal breaker, but I'd like to hear a staff opinion on this.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Made it to 5 mins.
With the olympics being played at the time. And just then the armies are sent out, sounds like a total Putin move. Seems like every Olympics Putin has invaded a country while no one had eyes on him.

S&F to that thread👍
I saved it to short cuts so i can indulge.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

originally posted by: Night Star
Domo, there is still time to take this thread down. I'm telling you, you don't want to get banned. It's not worth it. Don't do this! You will be missed and you will miss us. Wouldn't you rather stay with us? Who knows how many wonderful people you are yet to meet here?

You do understand that ATS is a firm that sells us to make money,not only that but we do the work. ATS is not something that has been given to us by the gods. Take the time to check up on ATS its not what you think it is

That's mos def worth repeating. People seem to forget this. FB and Twitter are no different in that aspect.

Without us members and our contributions, they have nothing but a very expensive domain.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Made it to 5 mins.

Really?

I think it was the music that did it for me

Not the starting stuff... the really good music starts a 5:00

And where Sparta actually was, and how it looks now

edit on 26-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

The lost boys?😊

But just like that and not being a mod. You drove traffic to your thread. I gave a star and a flag.
edit on 26-7-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Oh it starts then? Gimme a bit.😊

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

The lost boys?😊

NO LOL

start @ 5:00

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I edited my previos post.. lol.. ok BRB!😉

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Goodness.. Dire Straights "brother in arms".
Great song and best guitars, but when you throw it in with Sparta. I can see how you would get teary and a bit choked up. Especially with still photos of warriors.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

ya man...

Great video

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing that.
Like i said, i saved it to short cuts. I plan on reading that thread. Who knows, maybe i'll ad more stars while im there.😊

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I don't, personally, like the star/flag system.

You can write a brilliant post, and spend lots of time on your orginal OP, making it an excellent post, but if the masses aren't interested it just sits there, collecting dust.

However, you make something entertaining, and pointless it seems to do rather well.

I, frankly, have no issue with mods being able to star/flag more then normal posters. They can also give "applause", which I think carries more weight on a person to person basis.

If they really wanna "promote" a thread, there would be easier ways of doing that, instead of stars and flags.

./shrug.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Who cares about stars? Can't see the point of them.
So don't star this one lol

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom
I can promise you that nobody will star that post.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
awe look you are still here. bummer.. get ur head out of the sand please sir.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
hmmmm.... fishy. Good work Domo. It's sniffin out stuff like this that keep our end in check.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
In the words of the old song
"where have all the stars gone, mods have stolen them"

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
My understanding is that mods can give one flag and one star or an applause which is two stars. I think you need to chill out.
edit on 7/26/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
People should also remember that MODs can take part in other OPs . This is very strange as if you disagree with a MOD they can take revenge later, a MOD should be a MOD and not have the power to intimidate others to push there own agenda, add to this the power they have with stars and flags (all stars removed from this post becouse they dont like the truth) ATS makes facebook look good

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
People should also remember that MODs can take part in other OPs . This is very strange as if you disagree with a MOD they can take revenge later, a MOD should be a MOD and not have the power to intimidate others to push there own agenda, add to this the power they have with stars and flags (all stars removed from this post becouse they dont like the truth) ATS makes facebook look good

One would like to believe that there is a reason that a MOD is a MOD and that you and I are not.

I do not actually know, but I assume most MODS started as ordinary members and then in some way excelled and made someone think that they could meet the MOD-material-criteria.

Usually one of those criteria is "don't be a vengeful douche".
And usually that criterion is met.

edit on 26-7-2016 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Not really. Of course they should be able to give one star per post and flag per thread, without any special notice. Also, I don´t know about multiple flags. But if it´s only about giving more voice to a topic, would you not prefer the more honest way? Instead of hidden flags that push?

For me it would not even be a problem if topics on the frontside that are selected by the staff would not be highlighted. Just put it there. But I know others might want more transparency, so why not. It´s not that it´s an afford.

I mean, it´s only my opinion. Might differ from others. Personally I don´t care very much because I´m interested in the text of a post, not who or how much people agree. That´s a nice sideeffect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join