It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They're Not Going to Take your Guns".: Massachusett's Rogue Attorney General Just Did.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

FLARE launchers...not everyone has night vision equipment to illuminate targets at night.
NO civilian can buy explosive rounds at all.
IF you find one it would be a 200.00 tax stamp on a long federal document for EACH round .

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
You don't think grenade launchers should be banned?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce
You don't think grenade launchers should be banned?

What's wrong with having a grenade launcher? Several of my friends have them. Have you ever heard of one of them committing a crime? Didn't think so.

There's a whole bunch of paperwork that goes into possession of the ordinance they fire. But the grenade launcher? Ownership? Only a hand-wringing worry-wort would have a problem with someone owning an inanimate object.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

They already are ,37mm FLARE LAUNCHERS are not
40mm grenades are illegal to possess,same punishments for smoke or explosives as well, they are federal weapon loads alone.
Cannons and tanks owned by civilians and what not may ONLY fire inert slug ammo
edit on 25-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Do you believe some/most/all high profile shootings are false flag attacks to prey on public fear and sympathy?

I know its a touchy subject and without conclusive proof but it is an avenue that should still be explored.

False flag attacks are historically real, this is undeniable.

The latest shooting of young teens is another event both tragic but also usefull for the right people. If you are willing to destroy two dominant buildings and 3000 people what else are you capable of.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
So many people with some serious wishful thinking going on in this country. They have this vision of themselves, clutching a copy of the Constitution in their hands, Stars and Stripes forever playing in the background and them standing on their porch draped in an American Flag when they come to take their guns.
The truth is you will hand them your guns and tell them thank you when they are done stealing them from you. You will see someone being made an example of and think about your wife, your job, your kids, your home and that will be just about as far as your willing to go.
We "white folks"...... need to learn a few things from our African-American countrymen and stand up for the Rights we were born with...... not granted to us by the Fed..... but we wont, we'll tell ourselves that we are just too busy, today is just not convenient to en mass in sufficient numbers to force the government to respect the peoples will . Black folks said they want a million men to march in Washington and they came..... White folks say we want 1000..... and 900 are too busy watching the Kardashians to be able to make it.
Nope we have become soft and those that impose their will on us know this.... and act accordingly. They impose, we obey..... that is the (not so)new natural order of things in this country.
Anyways.... you will give your guns...... and the first guy that doesnt will be murdered right in front of his kids, by a police force that we can see video after video.... doesnt mind putting a bullet in us as we lay on the ground spread eagle.
I know why cops are getting knocked off..... and it has more to do with there being Laws for us..... and different laws, for them..... than it does with a persons skin color

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

At this rate, it might be where the second one has to begin too.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: METACOMET

Who the hell has a grenade launcher in the civilian population? Ridiculous legislation.

Lol some of the SKS's (Yugo) have a grenade launcher. The only thing is, grenades for it would be almost impossible to get, unless maybe you lived in Afghanistan. Such a stupid law. When I was in the Army, from what I remember, they didn't even count the M203 as a "sensitive item". You cannot use the thing as the nades are tightly controlled.

Bayonet lug is a joke too. Haven't seen any attacks with one. Just more feel good bs which has zero effectiveness as far as crime goes.
edit on 25-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

We have the same sorry law in New Jersey.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
With this the election and all the other things going on all over the world. This has turned out to be a very interesting year. Might even get a chapter in the history books. I wonder what we'll be left with by time 2018 rolls around?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Sorry to say, but the impression that's left with a great many of us in "Fly-Over" country is that Mass has pretty much bought what they got. From what I read, Boston for example, is all up trendy, "progressive" leftist types in IT and Tech Jobs making 7 figures salries, which is what's needed to rent a mobile home there. They're all anti-gun, pro-abortion, Christophobic, Heterophobic and pro-immigrant, and anti-white, (while 99% of them are white, but its the "I'm not a racist" thing).

As from the 70's, (let them freeze in the dark), most in fly-over country will think, (its Mass, who cares, let'em die in bloody home invasions).

Oh, and you do realize this will create a hugely profitable black market in the AR-15's. If you're in Mass, you might want to research a new business plan!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Just for clarification:
" has the same operating system or firing mechanism"

Actually, I don't believe that's true. The AR-15 is a "gas direct" mechanism; the M-14 uses a gas/ejector rod mechanism.

I could be wrong, but I thin k that's true.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

you can own a grenade launcher, but you have to have a class three license.
you can look that up, they fall under destructive devices. it's a lot of hassle you basically have to have something similar to a weapons magazine (bunker) to store the rounds in.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

you are correct and the AR15 bolts/ locking lugs are different on most.

edit on 25-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I think........the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine (.30 cal) use the gas driven bolt action as well.

Interesting thing about the M1 Garand is the magazine, I think, is not detachable. But a buddy of mine who has won complains that his, (a used "service" Garand) doesn't work well with most modern 30-06 ammo......the gas pressure is off. I always wanted a Garand but another buddy of mine said its a bad idea because yea, you could shoot the burglar at the front door, but the round would go right through him and possibly kill a neighbor have a mile away.

So...........I opted for the Remington 870 Shotgun.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

you could get the garand re chambered into a lower power caliber or go with LESH rounds(low explosive squash heads) for high kinetic damage but low penetration. oh th eLESH rounds. exotic ammo btw. custom only from what ive been told.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Actually, when you think about, they may have a reason to label vets as "potential terrorists".
It may be that they are working toward some legislative actions which, they know, may adversely impact those people.

In that case we shall "rain hell down upon their heads", and be called terrorists for it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
More than likely a money grab than a gun grab.

Like prohibition, when they realized they were losing money on liquor taxes and implemented the income tax, then rescinded prohibition and got that revenue stream back for liquor taxes without rescinding the income tax.

...Ba Bam!, double the revenue and the stupid idiot people never really realized they were being robbed.

I'm sure there is a pile of money to be made by the state selling permits for weapons that were legal until yesterday, today.

American's are so gullible and easy to scam, and the gubmints can't seem to keep their books balanced.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Or just load your rounds for subsonic and make getting hit with a .223 like getting hit with a fence post instead of stabbed with a knitting needle.

Reloading supplies are next on the agenda....

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Isn't Mass. where Hillary-Care was first introduced too?.

I am beginning to think a lot of ****** people live there, or at least they don't pay attention to much....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join