It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police (Just a reminder)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
With all the people shooting at cops and also with people being up in arms about cops shooting people, I wanted to leave a reminder that cops aren't just there to bust your ass. They do other things, too.

Ohio trooper giving an infant CPR:

Rapid City police officer saves man who has cardiac arrest:

Ohio trooper saves truck driver's life:

This Pasadena officer saved a 12 year old girl from committing suicide:

Love them or hate them, you might be in a situation where you need one some day. Remember that.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I will always stand up for the police when they deserve it.

When they don't, like the case of Philando Castile, and the recent incompetence of Miami-Dade in the shooting of an innocent man, I will be their worst enemy.

The VAST majority of police are doing a good job. We should recognize that. But not by burying our heads in the sand when the bad cops commit crimes and hide behind the thin blue line.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Agreed !

I don't see cops as the enemy, I see them as our friends.

Sure I've encountered the odd self-righteous a-hole, but the friendly average joe cops out there everyday just doing their jobs and don't think twice about putting their own lives on the line and/or going above and beyond to help someone (even animals) in distress, far outweigh the bad ones.

They're just human beings performing one helluva high-stress level job that the majority of us wouldn't want for all the money in the world.

As far as I'm concerned... if a person views cops as the enemy, it's because they're doing things they shouldn't be doing.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This great, really great... they don't pass out useless jaywalking tickets either...yes be kind when they aren't bothering anyone and just passing by or through...or going to the wrong house...they are humans to. And might be trying to do good things.
We should all learn CPR...and how to treat sunstroke and respect the EMTs and firehouse workers...they are here to help us!🎌😊 and they all work synergistically..

Have a great summer and this a a great OP..

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
I'm not saying to ignore the bad ones. Get them off the force. I'm drawing attention to some of the good ones.

a reply to: CranialSponge
I've had encounters with both good and bad ones.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I'm not saying to ignore the bad ones. Get them off the force. I'm drawing attention to some of the good ones.

I understand and I'm not intending to take away from that.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I knew one cop many years ago back in my youth that was a bad apple right down to the core.

He dealt drugs to us teenagers, beat his wife (and bragged about it), drank like a fish, and pushed his weight around even when he was off duty. Just an all around upstanding guy he was. Pfft.

Anyways, I heard through the grape vine several years later that he eventually got caught, lost his career, wife divorced him, and he ended up serving some time in prison.

It couldn't have happened to a better person.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
It's cool. I misunderstood.

a reply to: CranialSponge
I knew some like that.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
True, the majority of cops are doing a good job it's the others that we all need to be aware of.

That said they're all human and make mistakes but if they decided that career path to obey the law then they should,,if not then they will get found out sooner or later.
edit on 23-7-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Police have jobs to do, but do we really, honestly need so many of them? And do we need them to be so militant? I say hell no!
edit on 23-7-2016 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Agreed their are good police. The bad ones have to go!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Love them or hate them, you might be in a situation where you need one some day.

And when/if that happens, I want to know I can trust that officer, that he doesn't have an IQ barely higher than a Down Syndrome person, nor a twitchy trigger finger, and that he's not raging on steroids.

Remember that.

Oh, I'm remembering all right.

I'm also remembering these veiled and not so veiled threats... which is never reassuring when trust (or the lack thereof) is already a factor.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My problem isn't with cops. It's with how people act once they get that badge. I went to high school with a kid I was pretty friendly with & have not seen in some years. Seen him a few weeks ago in his uniform at a coffee shop. He couldn't have been more arrogant if he tried. Not because he was that type of person but just because he was a cop now so he felt as though us citizens were below him. It's the truth. Not for all cops that is a fact, but far to many are that way.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I wanted to be a cop for a long time (since I was about 5). Have an AA in Criminal Justice. I never ONCE wanted to get into it to hurt people or be a bully. I really wanted to help people. I may seem like an asshole here, but I'm also the guy that's going to stop and help you if you're broken down on the side of the road at night in pouring rain.

Never became a cop, but I've had a lot of contact with them through past work and friends etc and with a few exceptions they all seem to legitimately care about people and want to help.

You may be having a bad day when you get pulled over but that cop may have just come from a hit and run where a child was killed by someone speeding.

The vast majority deserve respect because they sign up to deal with the public (ever worked retail?) when they're at their worst. That's what they see. All day. People being crappy or people that are distraught because of other people being crappy. You don't call the cops when you're having a nice time with your family at a picnic.

I've got some heart wrenching personal stories about cops being incredibly kind and going out of their way with no recognition just to be kind. You know how many of them carry a stuffed animal in the trunk that isn't purchased by their department?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Agreed their are good police. The bad ones have to go!

That would be a problem.

You see.

They work in pairs: good cop + bad cop.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

A good point!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here's another example:
A guy's fifteen year old sister died in a car accident. The guy convinced somebody (who didn't have a license because it was suspended) to drive him from Indiana to Detroit, Mi. so he could be with his family. They got busted for speeding. The guy had a misdemeanor warrant. Did he get shot? Did he go to jail? Nope! A cop drove him 100 miles and dropped him off at a coffee shop, where his cousin picked him up. The cop didn't have to do this. He could have just put him in jail.
Story Here

top topics

join