It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Acceptance Speech: "Hyperbolic Exaggeration"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Hyperbolic Exaggeration

As opposed to non-hyperbolic exaggeration?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

We could use some swagger in the office after the last 16 years of epic failure.

May as well get Kim kardashian then if it's down to politique nouveau...the selfies would be flying that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I haven't read your linked article yet. I will get to it. There is definitely an element of nostalgia in the Trump message.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DearDiary

The Man Expressed His " Vision " of how America should be for the coming Future . We All Heard it , but do you Actually Believe it ? It will Only Become a Possible Reality if We the People wish it to be so by Voting for Trump in Nov . The Alternative Future to that is quite Unpleasant IMO .....

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It hardly matters what Trump says or does.

Trump supporters will continue to back him.

The Right absolutely HATED Obama because of Obamacare and abortion (among other reasons).

What does Trump do?

He praises Planned Parenthood and government run health care, not once, but TWICE in the debates.

Donald Trump Praises Planned Parenthood Again, Attacks “So-Called Conservatives” Who Disagree.

Donald Trump is remaining firm on a sticking point for many Republican voters — government-funded health care for all.
Response from Trump supporters:

edit on 22-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: added tube

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Trump never praised government run health care, in this speech, or debates, or ever.
He has suggested other solutions, which he did not detail in this speech but has discussed previously.

He has suggested increasing competition between insurance companies by allowing them to sell across state lines, which would reduce costs.
There are few options, or even one, in some areas. Lack of competition drives costs up.

He also said that people should be able to select and pay for their OWN healthcare, not have it chosen by the government.

It's kind of funny watching the lies and spin put out by the Clinton Machine, and those who believe them.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I think you must have watched a different speech.
The speech I watched was about America, Americans, and what he hopes to do FOR US.

Your comment on what he hopes to do for us reminds me of an old McDonalds jingle. The one that they used for maybe a decade by singing "At McDonald's,,,we do it all for you-u-u. My children along with millions of American children would watch those commercials and then sing them while at play out front with their friends who were singing it too. I managed to impress upon them that McDonald's did NOT do it all for them but rather did it all for themselves, for their own corporate profit and only wanted people to BELIEVE that it was all for them.
Sounds very much to me like the same trick.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Fair enough to call out Obama and the Clintons, but why ignore the president who got us into this mess in the Middle East ...George W. Bush and his cronies. How convenient conservatives will ignore their own dirty laundry. It's one thing to call out corruption in politics, but let's do it honestly and fairly.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Trump never praised government run health care, in this speech, or debates, or ever.
He has suggested other solutions, which he did not detail in this speech but has discussed previously.

It's kind of funny watching the lies and spin put out by the Clinton Machine, and those who believe them.

Never ever ever?

Or just never ever never?

Donald Trump is remaining firm on a sticking point for many Republican voters — government-funded health care for all.

One of his top rivals for the Republican presidential nomination, Texas Senator Ted Cruz, has hit Trump hard on this issue in recent weeks.

Cruz’s campaign has dubbed Trump’s plan “Trumpcare” and likened it to “Hillarycare” and “Obamacare.” Last week, a super PAC supporting Cruz ran an attack ad on the subject in Iowa.

But Trump isn’t backing down.

“We do need health care for all people,” Trump said at a rally here this week. “What are we gonna do, let people die in the street?”

This isn’t the first time Trump has taken a health care stance heretical to many in the the GOP.

Late last month, he said he wanted to let Medicare negotiate prescription drug prices with pharmaceutical companies.

That’s an idea Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have been pushing.

But I believe you when you say hes flip flopped and lied about his stance.

Thats what Trump does.

edit on 22-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: added tube

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I see true, passionate, patriotism in Trump.

If you watched all of the speakers at the convention, many shared personal stories regarding Trump's unselfish acts, wishing to remain anonymous, and not making a big deal out of the things did. I have seen these stories for a long time. The people that know him like him.

He speaks his mind. I sense no deception or dishonesty.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I do not see one single direct quote from Trump in that article saying that he wants government health care.

“I wanna get rid of Obamacare. I want to get you something good,” he said at the rally. He didn’t offer specifics.

The other comments in the article were spin.
He did not "offer specifics" at the rally specified, but the author just put their own spin on it, as they always do.

Trump has discussed HSA, removing restrictions on where insurance companies can operate, etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

because, this is not about Bush.
Trump is not Bush. He is something new.
So, the constant general attempts to blame Trump for Bush make no sense.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Well the article was paraphrasing but thats him in the video.

Trump clearly said he wants government run health care, for government to pay for it (please see my video aobve but youre right) while at the same time saying hes against Obama care.

He essentially lied/contradicted himself in the same sentence...

Either that or he's just so clueless that he doesnt know that Obamacare is government run healthcare...

edit on 22-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Did you notice that the videos are heavily edited?
They obviously are not showing what Donald is actually answering.

Even the commenters to the video caught that:

This is shamefully edited. Trump didn't propose universal healthcare. He proposed covering the people who couldn't afford healthcare, hence everybody will be covered & the Gov will pay for THAT. People will have their own private plans if they so choose.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Metallicus

But, the gist of it is that people don't see Donald as a politician, which leads them to believe he's going to be different.

Some people do not see him as a politician and some people do.

Um, what political jobs has he held?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Agree. This encouraging to "hide under your bed" was what the extreme right wingers (such as the still around and, unfortunately, growing John Birch Society) used/uses to brainwash Americans with their ideology. Fifty years ago, William F. Buckley Jr gave a warning about them to his party, which they ended up ignoring years later. "far removed from common sense" , "paranoid and idiotic libels"

The speech itself was delivered in a manner of someone not used to public speaking. Trump is used to raising his voice for delivery of his words; when forced to read a written speech, he had to go painfully slow in a controlled shouting, fighting low energy at the end to get through it.

If he is elected, God help the nations at the UN who would have to sit through one of his speeches. They could probably start a war with each other and be done with it by the the time the speech would be at its conclusion! But they probably wouldn't miss anything of any consequence to them anyway....
edit on 22-7-2016 by desert because: sp

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Fair enough to call out Obama and the Clintons, but why ignore the president who got us into this mess in the Middle East ...George W. Bush and his cronies. How convenient conservatives will ignore their own dirty laundry. It's one thing to call out corruption in politics, but let's do it honestly and fairly.

I don't know about everyone else but, I heard several talking points that were a shot across the bow of established Republicans like Bush. He called them out on 'nation building'. Yes, he called out Obama and Hillary specifically because they are or have been part of the current administration. Bush hasn't been in office in almost 8 years but that comment was specifically at Bush policies. No doubt about it in my mind.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

When does Trump say "hide under your bed"?

He says - we can fix this.

Big difference - facing the truth of the situation and offering solutions is much better, vs. the current administration that will not even admit there are problems and ignore them to get worse.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

It hardly matters what Trump says or does.

Trump supporters will continue to back him.

If Clinton supporters can keep on supporting her......shezz....what are you even talking about anyone else for. LOL She wins the award there!

Anyway no. Trump supporters are not like the lemming dem voters in the main.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
social issues are a non issue considering the financial and security issues this country is facing.if we don`t start dealing with the financial and security issues immediately we are going to have much bigger social issues that will dwarf the social issues that we have now.
progressives seem to be concentrating on making sure all the teacups on the Titanic stay in nice neat rows while the ship is sinking.
after the country is in a better financial and security condition THEN we can turn our attention to the social issues.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join