It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Acceptance Speech: "Hyperbolic Exaggeration"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We are not really in court here. Marie Antoinette is an historical icon of irresponsibility and impracticality. The French Revolution, which basically started as a "bread riot" by Parisian housewives, wound up costing Marie Antoinette and some 10,000 of her fellow aristocrats their heads. Legend has it that her response to news of the bread riot was "Let them eat cake." (if they are out of bread).

This story is completely apocryphal and probably didn't happen. However Marie Antoinette has become a touchstone for this sort of impracticality coming from a very wealthy lady, completely removed from the realities of ordinary life.

Melania strikes me as being similarly removed from ordinary reality. She is like a modern Marie Antoinette. This is my impression of her and I don't think it is far fetched.

But even if it is far fetched, Mr. Trump's expressed idea, to move children out of bad schools into preferable good schools, as stated, is devoid of any connection to reality. The real world doesn't work that way. That's not how education is improved. I could understand improving "plant" as it were, by upgrades. I could understand more exacting standards for educators. I could understand efforts to make the environment around a school safer or more pleasant.

Simply moving students to a better school would lead to chaos and waste. It is childishly simplistic to go about improving educational experience for children that way.

It is so simple and stupid that for some inexplicable reason I thought of Marie Antoinette's legendary response to the bread riot, and when I thought of Marie Antoinette, for some inexplicable reason, I also thought of Melania Trump. Think of it as literary art. I'm sure Melania is far too intelligent to suggest anything like this stupid idea and Marie Antoinette probably really said, "Louis, Louis, geef dam bread, bleeze, before dey chop our hads!"

Let me publicly apologize for associating Melania with such a completely stupid idea.
edit on 22-7-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Trump hasn't committed treason over 14 times like Obama,

Care to detail these 14 times Obama has been found guilty of treason?

nor has he been a felon at large like Clinton and Obama .

Care to detail when Clinton and Obama were found guilty of felonies?

Or is this is what will happen under Emperor Trump, you just has to claim someone is a felon, or committed treason for it to be true, with no worrying about a court or a trial etc. that get in the way of what you want!

Tell all that rubbish to the VOTERS come election day. Maybe it might make a difference to a few, but in general, what I said stands on it's own. Of course to Clinton and Obama supporters they hear, see, and speak each other's evil, and that's why HRC and Obama get a free pass for even felonies.. The rest don't need convictions. We already have them in the form of public opinion. The verdict there is GUILTY as charged.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Tell all that rubbish to the VOTERS come election day. ..... The verdict there is GUILTY as charged.

So no need for trials, as they are just rubbish! Just a lynching party under Trump's fascist state!
edit on 22-7-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump did not say "hide under your bed". That was in the title of the article in Byrd's post to which I was replying.

Fear is a powerful instinct. Fear is so potent, and the innate drive to protect one’s self from harm is so overpowering, that it can override almost every other instinct, including those related to intellect and judgment.

Which is why Donald Trump desperately wants to frighten you.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Khaleesi

Well it will be interesting to see then how Trump feels about aid to Israle, in reference to your comments about nation building. I do support Israle. Just saying......will he tighten the purse strings there?

When I say 'nation building' I mean it more in the sense of 'empire building'. Covertly or overtly deposing other governments and "bringing them democracy" like in Iraq, the Arab Spring in Egypt, Libya and arming 'moderate rebels' to oppose Assad in Syria. We should not be involved in overthrowing other governments unless they attack us. That is basically what Trump has said on multiple occasions. He has said that we will support our 'friends' in Israel but I honestly don't know if he means financially or if he means we will be allies. I do know he's fired a shot across Saudi Arabia's bow by saying they don't compensate us for the military protection we provide for them. Bush drug us into 'nation building' conflicts and Obama has continued. Trump hasn't mentioned Bush very often because he isn't running against Bush. He's running against Hillary and characterizes her possible presidency as "Obama's third term".

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Seriously? That is becoming the normal response when someone has nothing reasonable to say. Just insult and deflect.
Insulting is not impressive. It's actually sad to see someone so desperate that they resort to that behavior.

Said the Trump supporter...One day the irony will register.
edit on 22-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump did not say "hide under your bed". That was in the title of the article in Byrd's post to which I was replying.

Fear is a powerful instinct. Fear is so potent, and the innate drive to protect one’s self from harm is so overpowering, that it can override almost every other instinct, including those related to intellect and judgment.

Which is why Donald Trump desperately wants to frighten you.

Well...since my thinking centers were spared being over-ridden by my lizard brain during Trumps Nixon-esque..fear mongering...mayor of Gotham city speech...I was actually thinking one basic thing..

He was shouting about how he was going to be the savior to the dark and dying crime ridden USA...The LAW and ORDER President...But Law and Order is handled by the states in the USA..local police forces..only in exceptional cases and federal crimes does the FBI or Homeland get involved.

Does Trump plan on usurping the responsibility of policing this country away from individual states? With what? The National Guard? Some new Trump Gestapo? ...Cuz I thought the GOP was about states rights? Not a President taking over State Law Enforcement and Policing. How does this work in a Trump Presidency? He sends in the military to local states?

The federal gov does not police this country. The states do...at least until Trump get elected?
edit on 22-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Exactly. It was safe to fear monger over things that he cannot do.
And, what's worse, he probably doesn't even realize he can't do those things! It was more of an "I have a nightmare!" speech.

Yes, Trump's "I have a nightmare"' speech for his "bleeding liver" followers, who control his party.

OTOH I wonder if our national nightmare has just begun. If there would be an election of an authoritarian President, an authoritarian Congress, and authoritarian judges placed on the SC, then we may be looking at the United States of Authoritarianism. Where the exaggeration is no longer hyperbolic but real.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join