It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camper van vs. Truck camper ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I've been debating what would be more sensible. Camper van vs. Truck camper ???

I'm leaning toward maybe getting a small van. My plan was to live in it, work out of it, and travel.

Just been debating which of the 2 might be a better option. I like a van because u can have some stealth. As I'm often gonna be in a city or town. Might seem a lot less obvious that a person is living in it.

Your thoughts????

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Someday can you just post a case file of your life? You post threads like this constantly and I have no idea why you need help deciding between van vs. tent vs. trailer vs. woods vs. squatting vs. poop bucket vs. hard tack.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Sometimes you read a thread title and know who has written it before you clock on it..

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I was looking at this prior to my divorce, the vans are a little nicer on the inside, but your limited on where you can get them serviced.

Where with the Truck campers you can find some that are good that will fit even smaller trucks and still be comfortable. Added bonus is you can get them serviced like any other Normal Truck.

I just hit the country song part of my life, just got an old work f150 truck for 500.00 and was looking at campers for me and my wife and she packed out and left me for her ex-husband / father of her kids after 9 years of marriage.

But then I was looking at parking and drive thru's and the van vs the camper, most of the drive thru's around here are tall enough to handle the camper which is only about one or two inches taller then any of the winibego vans.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I'm probably gonna go with a van. And something small too. Might be crammed but still at least it's better in gas. Cuz ud be moving around a lot.

And ya u laugh. Wait til u have no income and no one to turn to. Ull be sitting there sad and then ull be like.... "I got it... Lavas posts!!!" I'm saved?!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Hey, what happened to the boat/yatch thing? I'd much prefer that than a van or camper.

Or have you scratched learning to sail and the dangers etc,

regards,

bally

edit on 22-7-2016 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I would recommend a truck. Best thing about that is if you are staying at a camp site you can unhook and just like that you've got a normal vehicle. And like previously said it would be way easier to service.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

And ya u laugh. Wait til u have no income and no one to turn to. Ull be sitting there sad and then ull be like.... "I got it... Lavas posts!!!" I'm saved?!!!

Apparently you have enough money to have a phone or computer to get on the internet and buy a truck or van. Pack up and get the hell out of where ever you are and find a better job. If you can afford to travel the country in your truck, you can move to a better place. You seem to want every one to feel sorry for your situation, when you need to get off your ass and do something about it.
Stop asking everyone else's opinion and make up your own damn mind.
It's your life, take charge and start making some decisions on how you want to live the rest of it.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

Not to mention ... once you get tired of living in a vehicle ... and go back to 'normal life' ... now you're stuck with unburdening yourself of the 'stank mobile'.

People in vans 'usually' look suspicious ... unless they look absolutely normal ... and I mean soccer mom normal. And a single guy in a truck usually means, "He's probably armed ... let's go mug the weird dude in the van."

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I live in a van down by the river!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Lived in a f150 with a camper for 2 years. Sometimes you can take the camper off, still live in it and use the truck to haul stuff as part of your job like hauling stuff to the dump or helping people move. double duty you don't get with a van.

My gypsy days are my most fond memories.....Judith from St. Louis...I think about you every day and Brenda from New Orleans....you too!!
edit on 22-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's my thought for way down the road, retirement. A truck with a pull behind.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

That's my thought for way down the road, retirement. A truck with a pull behind.

Perfect. I have a friend that does exactly that....he's what is referred to as a trout bum but also pulls his rig down to the Gulf after specs and reds and Fla. for bones...

This one...

Wish I could retire!!!

edit on 22-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

My hubby would do anything for one of those.
You could probably pull that with a crossover or SUV too. If you go small enough you can still keep a house somewhere and just do excursions.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Just my 2 cents after my last divorce I ditched the house for a sail boat on the lake and a bumper pulled camper trailer. If you have a slip at the marina most of them have RV lots too. Worked for me for a few years. (ohh and in a pinch I rented the camper to a friend who stayed in the RV lot at the marina to pay my slip fees and have a few extra bucks)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
a reply to: Misterlondon

LOL

We never recognized your genius.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I am, but it takes time.

Also my thought is that in the mean time if anything was to happen to my living situation (which it's not looking great) and if I'd have to rent, I'd rather just buy a van and camperize it, or buy a very cheap truck/camper combo. And live in that. There's no way I'm playing rent ever again. Unless I'm making a fortune, I can live in a van easy. that way i can go travel and see the couuntry at least.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I am, but it takes time.

Also my thought is that in the mean time if anything was to happen to my living situation (which it's not looking great) and if I'd have to rent, I'd rather just buy a van and camperize it, or buy a very cheap truck/camper combo. And live in that. There's no way I'm playing rent ever again. Unless I'm making a fortune, I can live in a van easy. that way i can go travel and see the couuntry at least.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm gonna leave it all RANK my all the poop and pee bucks in it and just park it on your driveway for you to deal with

top topics

<<   2 >>

join