It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 year old black girl shot in the head

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Kamau Thomas Jr, a 19 year old black male, showed up to see a fight between two women- Dawneesha Spears and Kacey Turner around 11 pm on July 18th(Monday).

Thomas said he was threatened by Clay 'Clips' Thompson. So he went to fire one shot in the air to scare Clips off. Thomas said the trigger was sensitive and 'it started going crazy and kept going off until it was empty'

One of the shots, hot a 6 year old in the head.

It seems like, every time a black person gets shot, it's news. So, I think ATS should roll with this theme and make a post every time a black person gets shot in America. We, ATS, can break down each shooting and see if we see a pattern.

triblive.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Couldn't agree more. We all need to unite.

Black Lives Matter!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Kamau Thomas Jr, a 19 year old black male, showed up to see a fight between two women- Dawneesha Spears and Kacey Turner around 11 pm on July 18th(Monday).

Thomas said he was threatened by Clay 'Clips' Thompson. So he went to fire one shot in the air to scare Clips off. Thomas said the trigger was sensitive and 'it started going crazy and kept going off until it was empty'

One of the shots, hot a 6 year old in the head.

It seems like, every time a black person gets shot, it's news. So, I think ATS should roll with this theme and make a post every time a black person gets shot in America. We, ATS, can break down each shooting and see if we see a pattern.

triblive.com...

Agreed. But it is only big news when a White guy shoots a Black guy. The crime in these neighborhoods is so rampant that if every shooting was posted to ATS, it would completely fill the new topics section. That is just an unfortunate fact.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I wonder how familiar Kamau Thomas is with the firearm. Had he gone to a gun safety training course? Know how to clean/maintain the firearm? I think these types of questions would be important.

Other questions would be if there have been other issues with the model of this gun, that type of ammunition, etc.

What a sad story... of all victims it had to be an innocent 6 year old girl. That's just heartbreaking

edit on 21-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Thats rediculous you just need to ve a critical thinker.

Obviously black on black crime is also an issue. The black community as well is aware of it. It just isn't part of the national discussion because foe instance they need to make sides like you have bought into with the op.

Let me ask you how are the gangs and drug dealers getting away with thia everyday?

Do you think it could be political corruption allowing organized crime to proliferate in poor areas? How long has Chicago been a center of political, law enforcement, and physical corruption?

Maybe you should present that we are in THIS situation and cycle of violence and drugs and ask how it came to be, who is responsible, and how we get out.

Cause right now you are just trying to shift blame which is just part of the problem.

www.orlandosentinel.com...
edit on 21-7-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
From your link:

Police on Monday night arrested Thomas, who told them he shot toward the home to scare Clay “Clips” Thompson, authorities said.

Jumping out from behind a bush is how you 'scare' someone.

Emptying a handgun at their house is not an acceptable method of scaring people in an urban area.

Off to jail with the stupid scum.
ETA:
Imagine if a white cop had shot the girl..... just to 'scare' someone.

edit on b000000312016-07-21T09:13:57-05:0009America/ChicagoThu, 21 Jul 2016 09:13:57 -0500900000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I wonder how familiar Kamau Thomas is with the firearm. Had he gone to a gun safety training course? Know hot to clean/maintain the firearm? I think these types of questions would be important.

What a sad story... of all victims it had to be an innocent 6 year old girl. That's just heartbreaking

Not familiar enough. Chances are it was a stolen gun, which is broken. When a gun just goes full auto on it's own there likely is an issue with the sear. Or it is so dirty that the firing pin could be stuck in the forward position from all the buildup in the firing pin channel.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Thomas said the trigger was sensitive and 'it started going crazy and kept going off until it was empty'

Mm hmm. Or intentionally pulled the trigger till it went click, click.

He went armed, 'to a fight', looking for trouble. Hardly matters he was black.

edit on 21-7-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I disapprove of you using the death of this 6 year old girl to prove a silly political point about black people getting killed. This thread is really setting the bar low here. Completely in poor taste.
edit on 21-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm thinking that he bought the gun for protection (self) and to help fight off a tyrannical government. Maybe he thought the little girl was infringing on his sovereign rights as a citizen??

dunno

Maybe next time he won't be in such a rush to get home to complete those applications to Harvard and Yale. Geesh

link   
Ah ...

She was the same age as my kiddo is going to be in a couple months.

She had everything in front of her.

Why do they do this?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There most certainly is a pattern. All races tend to shoot their own race most.

The current race war that people seem to think is going on is a media manufactured event. Blacks arnt out to get whites,whites arnt out to get blacks. Sure this happens but the majority of both camps are just law abiding human beings.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Black Lives Matter!

This is not the time for sarcasm...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

There is no pattern just reality....black Americans are involved in more gun violence including black on black shootings period. This little girl is a product of a society that cannot figure out how to save a community but we can spend trillions on wars that will continue to evolve thanks to this administration and the many before him.

How is a society that is so advanced so dumb..we do not need to ban guns we need to educate people and we need to really look at communities in general and question why we do not have a bigger push on welfare reform and job preparation...why the hell are their so many liquor stores allowed in low income communities??

Incentives should be given to ensure that those on welfare actually get off welfare and not make it a generational tool for survival.

Teachers in lower income areas should be payed more and the classrooms need to be smaller...we should get away from this warehouse schools and focus on smaller class sizes.

After the shooting of the therapist I just don't understand what can be done to stop this violence with respect to police...

I guess I'm ranting...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What you guys are bafflingly failling to understand is that the BLM movement is about POLICE killing black people. Which they do, in much higher numbers than they kill white people. They also stop and harass black people a lot more too. NOBODY should be killed by police unless they were an immediate threat to said police's life. This is the point.

So, when you start ops like this with the intention of subtlely mocking BLM, you just make yourselves look ignorant.

i cannot understand how you guys dont get that this is about black people being killed by police. And FYI, there are multiple protest groups protesting black on black violence.

Seriously. Ops like this are why you guys get called racist and ignorant. The tone is clear and frankly, the op is very sad.
I'm not calling you racist, i'm just saying i can see why some might. But i dont think much of the intention of this thread.

edit on 21-7-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Thats rediculous you just need to ve a critical thinker.

Obviously black on black crime is also an issue. The black community as well is aware of it. It just isn't part of the national discussion because foe instance they need to make sides like you have bought into with the op.

Exactly. It needs to b e because it's a critical reason why black people are getting shot by police int he first place. A ridiculously high percentage of black people (mostly men/teens) are committing violent crime.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
What you guys are bafflingly failling to understand is that the BLM movement is about POLICE killing black people. Which they do, in much higher numbers than they kill white people. They also stop and harass black people a lot more too.

How can you not see the two things are connected? And no, they do not kill black people more than white. Also, black people kill whites at a much higher rate than vice versa, which is disturbing considering they're only 14% of the population.

These are all factors in why black people have bad runs ins with the police.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
What a heartbreaking event for the family of this little girl.
RIP Angel!!!

Don't aim for the low hanging fruit ATS, I implore you.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I disapprove of you using the death of this 6 year old girl to prove a silly political point about black people getting killed. This thread is really setting the bar low here. Completely in poor taste.

Couldn't be more wrong.

This crime is worth protesting and demonstrating on.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
What you guys are bafflingly failling to understand is that the BLM movement is about POLICE killing black people. Which they do, in much higher numbers than they kill white people. They also stop and harass black people a lot more too.

How can you not see the two things are connected? And no, they do not kill black people more than white. Also, black people kill whites at a much higher rate than vice versa, which is disturbing considering they're only 14% of the population.

These are all factors in why black people have bad runs ins with the police.

OK mate, i cant be arsed to argue with someone who thinks like you do. Enjoy your ignorance. Careful of those black guys on your street, they are probably trying to kill you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join