It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Booed After Failing to Endorse Trump: ‘Vote Your Conscience’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
Donald Trump is still crying, Ted Cruz hit him hard

Ted is so salty, he made sure to mention his Dad and his wife. And dragged on for 5 minutes when it came to who is next for the republican party to lead the country over roaring boos. Never once mentioned Trump.

You saw it on Donalds face when he ushered himself out into the audience to stop it, he was almost in tears for the next 30 minutes.

You are correct that Donald looked emotional, but I had a different opinion of the cause.
He certainly did not "ushered himself out into the audience to stop it".

He went into the audience when the crowd started chanting in support of him, not before that. I think it touched him to hear their support and defense of him. Joining them showed his appreciation for their support. His emotion showed that he was truly grateful to them, and humbled by it.

Do you really think that Donald cares one single bit what Cruz thinks of him? No chance in the world of that.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I wonder what the reaction would be if Donald Trump threw his full support behind Ted Cruz tonight - telling people he asked Cruz to speak because he deserved to...
edit on 21/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Once again the GOP shows just how much they support freedom of speech or free will. My bad I forgot those things have the word free in them and nobody gets anything free from the GOP.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Sore loser.

It was the booger that did ya in, Ted.

Why speak at an event purposed for nurturing unity within the party if you're not going to do it.

Selfish. And a sore loser.

I'm pretty sure that was excess denture adhesive. That's what that looked like to me. (I have a bridge). He probably wanted to make sure it didn't wiggle while he was talking (if he has a plate or bridge) . Just my 2¢.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Once again the GOP shows just how much they support freedom of speech or free will. My bad I forgot those things have the word free in them and nobody gets anything free from the GOP.

Well Ted Cruz was allowed to speak, despite the GOP knowing he would not endorse. I call that freedom of speech.
A very big contrast to the leftist agitators who simply hate the idea of anyone else's free speech.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I'm confused by your statement?

Donald Trump Saw Ted Cruz's Controversial RNC Speech Ahead of Time, 'But Let Him Speak Anyway'

No one stopped Cruz from saying what he wanted to say.
The audience was also exercising their right to free speech - encouraging Cruz to honor his pledge.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
detest Ted Cruz, but I thoroughly respect him getting up there and not endorsing. Trump was openly disrespectful and insulted his wife and then didnt apologize. And Trump supporters are like, "he should just move on". He's lucky Cruz wasn't waiting for him backstage to punch him in the face.

It woulda been spineless to get up there and slob down Trump after everything he said. And since when was "vote your conscience" a boo worthy statement? Isnt that what you're supposed to do?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
a reply to: xuenchen

Some real conservatives have a moral compass and see what a mistake the GOP has just made with picking Trump. Expect a lot of people to jump ship and refuse to have anything to do with Trump.

True conservatives were never onboard to begin with. This won't change anything. Maybe some delegates vote their first choice with a write in. Other than that this is good for headlines for a cycle or two.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is sign that Cruz is indeed scheming with Clinton:

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton quickly jumped on Senator Cruz's controversial move, tweeting "Vote your conscience," along with a link to her website.

Cruz is a traitor to Americans. All he cares about is Cruz.
He truly has so much hate that he wants Trump to lose to Clinton, just so that he can run in 2020.
Which also shows how much he hates the American public - wishing for us to be subjected to 4 years of Clinton.

one of many sources
edit on 7/21/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I think Cruz gambled and lost on this one.
He came off as petty and juvenile last night...and the crowd registered it.

SURE he was upset about Trump's attacks in the Primary...but his camp also said nasty things about Trump.
It's what happens...and then you move on and get over it for the good of the party.

Yes, you also open yourself out to being called a sell out, by your supporters...and, to some extent, that is deserved.

Hillary completely trashed Obama in '08...but got a completely undeserved job in his administration as Secretary of State.
edit on 21-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jordan77

If Cruz had no intention of endorsing, the classy thing would have been for him to stay home and not speak at the convention.

The only reason he was there was for selfish reasons.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The classy thing was to make it known he wouldnt endorse, which he did. Trump knew what he was gonna say. Cruz didnt get up there and throw a curveball.

But doing what's best for the party is never selfish. Silly Cruz for telling people to put some thought into it and not just tow the party line.
edit on 21-7-2016 by jordan77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Neither did Rubio. He mentioned trump twice and did not endorse him either but that was on video so he got less press.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The two party system is ruining America. When people use phrases like "traitor to the party", you know our political system is screwed. Party over everything apparently.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
Yeah and the crowd really showed how much they supported that freedom.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

edit on 21-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

And how much attention is kasich getting this morning?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jordan77

You are correct - I did not word that correctly. The rest of my post explains my intentions.
Cruz is a traitor to Americans - wishing for us to be subjected to Hillary just because his ego is hurt.

I have voted across party lines - party loyalty means nothing to me.
But, I think it means something to others. I do think there are those within his party who think that.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I'm confused by your statement?

Donald Trump Saw Ted Cruz's Controversial RNC Speech Ahead of Time, 'But Let Him Speak Anyway'

No one stopped Cruz from saying what he wanted to say.
The audience was also exercising their right to free speech - encouraging Cruz to honor his pledge.

Where did I say that he was stopped from speaking? Oh yeah I didn't I said support. People have the right to change their mind whenever they want and it seems like Ted did a little thinking of his own.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
LOL...Michael Moore just predicted Trump will win.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join