It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does wanting secure borders make someone a XENOPHOBE!?! I'm confused!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

We are not overpopulated. Some places start trending down in the birthrate department, and the national governments need to replace taxpayers with fresh bodies to keep the machines going. I think it is a problem for government, but not the people.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
For ever illegal immigrant who arrived here by crossing into America from the Southern border, ten illegal immigrants came into the U.S. completely legally on an airplane with a passport, work visa, or education visa, and simply assimilated into society once their visas expired.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
It's like the hot new buzzword, all of the sudden for me, after not paying attention to politics for few good years. Now it's part of the daily language here. I first started noticing it laid on thick in reference to "everyone" who voted "Leave" on "Brexit". Since then I've been seeing it all the time in regard to Donald Trump. Likewise, with anybody else who wants secure borders.

Please articulate for me why wanting secure borders would mean a person is a XENOPHOBE.

I mean, do you have locks on the doors in your domicile? If so, does that mean you're a XENOPHOBE too?

Another thing I've been somewhat perplexed by it is how XENOPHOBE always seems to have attached to it RACIST as well. Like they go hand in hand.

Would that mean if I have burglar bars on my house in the city, that I'm a RACIST XENOPHOBE too?

You can thank the Liberals and the Liberal Media for this mess. There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to put America first and to make America safe. NOTHING.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
We are a nation of laws. ALL laws should be enforced. Either we are a nation or we are not. Borders define a nation. Laws define a nation. Without either, there is no law. If there is no law, then we can do whatever the hell we want to do--all of us can. The law is not meant to be "selectively observed or applied".

Politicians who selectively ignore or do not enforce laws are acting outside of the laws themselves. This makes them... "outlaws". Invalidated.
edit on 22-7-2016 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Whether Mexican-American groups supported Operation Wetback or not does not change the fact that the reason it even existed was because of the outcry from the Mexican agribusiness.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Of course it is a problem for the government but there has to be something that makes it worth leaving as is.

As for the question in the OP, not everyone who wants secure borders is a xenophobe but all xenophobes want secure borders.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Good for you on pro-choice...doesn't change that I still get called a murderer by many conservatives. But I was just making the point to schuyler that he seems to figure only us lefties do the name calling

yeeeah...you knew exactly what marriage equality meant but went that route. That's ok

Ok fine...socialized healthcare if we wish to nitpick again

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: projectvxn

Flash to our emigration to the US. My parents found good paying jobs, refugee sponsorship by a freight company in Los Angeles, and we were treated quite well.

Exactly!

America is suppose to be the Land of Opportunity.

There ain't a whole lot of that going on these days.

Too many mouths to feed, and not enough soup to go around.

Very close BUT there is plenty of soup but it is owned by the few.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

How does wanting secure borders make someone a XENOPHOBE

Because the Zionist owned media keeps saying it so it simply must be true!!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I want a secure border because I want to know who is coming into my country and their intent. Think about this, the reason you go through security at an airport is because the authorities want to make the aircraft secure, and safe.They want to make sure no one is going aboard to do harm. The same thing applies to our borders. That's not xenophobia, it's common sense. Some of you have said the world has changed and borders no longer apply. Nothing could be further from the truth. As for the world changing, YES, its changed, just ask anyone in Munich, Paris, or Orlando. We can no longer afford to be so permissive with our borders.
edit on 23-7-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
It's like the hot new buzzword, all of the sudden for me, after not paying attention to politics for few good years. Now it's part of the daily language here. I first started noticing it laid on thick in reference to "everyone" who voted "Leave" on "Brexit". Since then I've been seeing it all the time in regard to Donald Trump. Likewise, with anybody else who wants secure borders.

Please articulate for me why wanting secure borders would mean a person is a XENOPHOBE.

I mean, do you have locks on the doors in your domicile? If so, does that mean you're a XENOPHOBE too?

Another thing I've been somewhat perplexed by it is how XENOPHOBE always seems to have attached to it RACIST as well. Like they go hand in hand.

Would that mean if I have burglar bars on my house in the city, that I'm a RACIST XENOPHOBE too?

This, and the excesses of identity politics writ large, are what I agree with you conservatives on. Yes there is a long complex history (such as the fact that much of the Southwest once belonged to Mexico or that we took much of it from them or the Native Americans). But, at some point countries have to have reasonable immigration laws, borders, and enforce them. If it's the law that people can't immigrate illegally, then it's not "racist" to enforce that law, at least not on the face of it.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Its interesting to me, that the general consensus among some parties and groups, appears to be that the statement "The border must be protected" is sacrosanct, and that none who have ever said it ought to have their motivations questioned. Yes, a border must be protected.... From military invasion by uniformed officers of a foreign power. That is what reasonable people mean, by border protection.

They also mean to protect the border from drug runners and gun runners, but in the case of the US, its own intelligence agencies are responsible for a huge amount of this crap, because they keep funding narco terror groups in South America, as part of their economic assassination of all their near neighbours, to maintain dominance in the region. This is very much like the situation in the Middle East, where the US created an enemy, purely to profit from the battle to contain it, or more precisely, so a very limited number of people, could benefit from that sham of a battle, which, for all that it was a smoke and mirrors act, killed many innocent civilians, and cost the lives of service persons from many countries.

Its the same game. Create narco terror group, tighten border and demand funding, make money for your chums in high places. Totally transparent, assuming you have no red, white and blue blinkers on at the time. But people buy it, people believe the justifications for all these idiotic behaviours on the part of the US, for no other reason than their minds are lazy and their spines are not as strong as their words.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

True.

It does seem to me to enact a counter to all that industry you might start with the one 'spot' that is easiest to assert control over.

Assuming there is such a design...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What's your point here? You do a satisfactory job of identifying a problem, but left it dangling without indicating why any of that matters to the average American concerned with securing this country's border. Because the American government stirred up crap in some third world hell, Americans should just accept the influx of foreigners from those countries into the US? Is that your point? The federal government is outside the control of the average citizen... and, if I'm being honest here, I don't lose sleep over what they're doing overseas and in foreign countries because their involvement there means less time and resources to screw us over stateside. By the same token, just because Jr. leaves a bag of sunflower seeds in the garage, doesn't mean you gotta welcome rodents into your home with open arms. Quite to opposite, you usually put double the effort into clearing your home of mice when something like that happens.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The point is that it is by design and no matter how much you oppose welcoming the illegals, it isn't your house. You are not the one calling the shots.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

The point is that it is by design and no matter how much you oppose welcoming the illegals, it isn't your house. You are not the one calling the shots.

I'm the one paying the bills, so if we ever do reach the point where we're not calling the shots, the damn house will be burnt to the ground on our way out the door.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Sure it will.

To quote TrueBrit: "their spines are not as strong as their words."

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

burdman30ott6,

The issue here is as follows. If your nations people permit its government to behave in a manner which contributes, nay is the primary driver of immigration, then your nations people must accept the consequences of their lack of backbone. Your people and your country, do not, any more than does any other country or people, have the right to inflict their lack of fortitude on others, by way of allowing a runaway fascist, corporatist and murderous entity to run amok on their behalf. Your country SHOULD face not only criticism, but the consequences of that laziness, gutlessness, and shortsightedness, because those things are your responsibility as a people, and as a nation. They are not the responsibility of the people who are flooding out of the Middle East, nor are they the responsibility of the people who have been killed in the region in their hundreds of thousands since the beginning of the War on Terror, nor the responsibility of the innumerable myriad who have died because some US backed narco gang decided they wanted to scare a country into compliance with their operations.

The only group of people who had even a cats chance in Hades of preventing ANY of this, was the electorate of the United States of America, and for decades and decades, your country has repeatedly elected the least moral, the least ethical, the most murderous, savage, and outwardly incompetent political entities possible. Even your version of the political left is just more corporatist elitists, the exact same as the upper echelons of the right, no difference what so ever in terms of their respect for human life, or their willingness to end it en masse. The current response to the crisis in American leadership? Elect a slacker who was born to money and learned to lie in order to keep it.

One of the largest problems with the American attitude to immigration, is exemplified perfectly by your statement in the post to which I am replying.

I don't lose sleep over what they're doing overseas and in foreign countries because their involvement there means less time and resources to screw us over stateside.

You do not lose sleep over what they are doing overseas, which is a selfish, amoral and unjustifiable position, indicative of a failure of empathy of psychopathic proportions. You do not care, as long as they are doing it to other people. I have to wonder how many people in history, have said that of their government, and then complained bitterly when that government and indeed the country itself, had to be bought down to save the rest of the species from its callous disregard for human life? I wonder how many times this historical trope will be repeated down the ages from here, whether the human race will learn, in totality and without exception, that those who ignore the fate of their fellow human beings, those who turn aside from those things which do not effect them, and refuse to take responsibility for the things they allow, are doing so from a position of irredeemable moral failure, rather than from a position of pragmatic detachment.

You may NOT have a government that pisses on the heads of others, without having to suffer the consequences. Your rights come with responsibilities, and the trouble with people who hold the attitudes and opinions you do, good sir, is that you only care about your rights, but think nothing of the ramifications or the responsibilities your choices should be piling on your shoulders. You just dump them in the dust and walk away from them, fingers in ears, eyes squeezed shut, la dee dahing to yourself to block out the screams of the dying.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join