It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Have a Money Forum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'd love it if there were a dedicated forum on ATS to discuss savings, investments, money and frugality, or luxury, or anything to do with cash.

Personally, I might have a lot to contribute as a life long saver who will likely retire early.

I'd love to get advice from financial experts in a dedicated forum.

There are, as we all know, many conspiracies surrounding money and finance.

Just an idea!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct
im to broke to think about a money forum

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

That's the perfect time to think about money .

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

If it pay's us as most of us are brassic, Seriously jokes aside that is a good idea but it would be a little highbrow for many folk.

The whole banking sector is the source of the most damaging conspiracy's of our time and indeed any time in recent world history.

Also a good source of tip's for the financially uneducated would be very popular if it was done right with for example a stock update and conspiracy related forecast for good investment opportunity's, I actually love watching Max Keiser, a lot of stuff on that RT channel is of course conspiracy but he would be a hit on any station and actually get's less coverage than he would simply because so many turn RT off on principle, the Keiser report is cool though and he speak's the truth.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
or beer?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Personally, i've never invested based on anything conspiracy related, but it would be interesting to hear from people who have.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Normally, I wouldn't say this, but in the interest of the thread topic...beer is great, but not if you're broke.

Either way, money is only what you make it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'd really like this. I have some savings, but I want to be able to retire period, let alone early. I think we could all benefit from a money forum.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
what do you do? do you save a certian amount of money from every pay period?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It's more complicated in the long run, but I do save a lot of what I get paid. I work for myself, so it's not a week to week basis.

I was lucky and stumbled into the lifestyle when I was 17, so i've been at it for 12 years. It's never too late to save money, though.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't know...if they keep adding forums, what will be left to differentiate this from Reddit? There is a very well respected money forum on there.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

ATS is just my forum of choice. I don't use Reddit, and I probably never will.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I think it could be fun. I have some interesting stories I could contribute including ringing the NYSE bell.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Some kind of Masonic toga party, I assume. I'd welcome that story.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Nope, suit and tie absolutely required.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Have you tried the global meltdown forum? Whilst not dedicated exclusively to money matters there is a fair amount of stuff in there.

Global Meltdown Forum

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

About 9 years ago a buddy of mine and I were convinced there was gona be a run on silver, so I stocked up, like 40 LBS in silver coins and ingots, now silver is on the rise.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

I think that, at least in our lifetime, precious metals will always be a good investment over the medium to long term.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
what do you do for money?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Freelance writing.
Ghostwriting, writing online articles, freelance work for local papers, business writing mostly.

What do you do?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join