It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan Going Crazy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Willtell

And there will be a lot of evidence. You don't just grab a nuclear weapon and wheel it out without there being witnesses, and a paper trail. Those forces guarding them are trained not to let just anyone near them, and even the people that are allowed to go near them have to have verification to get anywhere near them and through them.

No, I'm not worried about Turkey stealing a bomb.

I’m talking terrorist accident or incident by some fanatics or a black op from the West

Look this is the same country that has been supporting ISIS

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

The problem will be sneaking airlift in to get them, loading them, and getting out. There are a lot of Turkish forces there too. They might be able to get in in the middle of the night with something and yank them fast, but it's going to be a tough mission.

See your point.

Its a shame there is no way to destroy the radioactive material.

Sure the nukes will be worthless but they will have dirty bomb material.

Though whether the design could be reversed engineered?

Hopefully Erodgen hasnt gone that insane........

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I'm not talking about Turkey stealing one either. US nuclear security is trained to not let ANYONE near the weapons without authorization, even our own forces.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hmmm. I hate hearing the... this will NEVER happen scenario's.

We have no idea what's going on and what could happen.

NEVER always backfires.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

They could pull the cores, and take the cores out without anyone being the wiser. Pack them into cases for other equipment, load them on an aircraft after they're allowed out, or even to store them, and the weapons are useless.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

In an indirect hint that the Incirlik airbase may indeed be held hostage, the minister said soldiers at the base in southern Turkey, used by the U.S. military to conduct air strikes against the Islamic State, had been involved in the coup attempt and that arrests had been made.

He means hostage by Turkey, if they don't get Gulen to be extradicted.

www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 16-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I'm not saying it will never happen. Find once I said it will never happen. I'm saying that it's not going to be a case of someone walking in, getting a weapon, walking out with it and detonating it somewhere, with no one being the wiser.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I see.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Coups are very rarely the result of top ranking military men. It is usually a group of lower-ranking officers.

Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Greece, the list goes on.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

What if the US wants the security to be violated?

NOTHING CAN BE TRUSTED ANYMORE

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

They could pull the cores, and take the cores out without anyone being the wiser. Pack them into cases for other equipment, load them on an aircraft after they're allowed out, or even to store them, and the weapons are useless.

Pretty sure they have got to have contingency plans in place incase a base in a "safe" countrys turns hostile. Thats always got to be a consideration when setting up a base on foreign soil?

Hopefully though Erodgen ranting and accusations at the USA are just BS to divert the people at a external threat and mean nothing.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The security forces are trained that no one walks in, and walks out with a weapon. No matter who they are. It's that simple. Are there ways around it? Yes. Will there be evidence left behind? Yes.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Why is it when I read most of these Turkey threads I can sense some Russian tinkering mmmm.

Oh and had meant to add..

The guardian News here in the UK gained an interview with Fethullah Gulen He thinks the Coup may have been staged by Mr E

Cleric speaks to reporters including Guardian at Pennsylvania compound Kerry:
Turkey should present ‘evidence’ to back any extradition request Pentagon loses airspace access crucial in airstrikes against Isis targets Opinion:
Turkey was already undergoing a coup – by Erdoğan

Fethullah Gülen, the reclusive cleric blamed by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan for the failed coup in Turkey, believes the uprising by members of the country’s military could have been “staged” by the government it aimed to overthrow. Pentagon loses Turkish airspace access crucial in airstrikes against Isis Read more In a rare and brief interview on Saturday with a small group of journalists at his residence in Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania, Gülen rejected all accusations that he was behind the coup attempt. “I don’t believe that the world believes the accusations made by President Erdoğan,” Gülen said. “There is a possibility that it could be a staged coup and it could be meant for further accusations [against the Gülenists].”

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 16 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Their contingency plans have triple contingency plans. If they have to they'll fight their way in, get the weapons secured, and fight their way out, although obviously that's a last resort.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What are they, missles, or bombs?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Fifty to ninety B61s. All of the current weapons under the sharing agreement are B61s.
edit on 7/16/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This coup seems to have been staged as a pretext to go after Gulen and his supporters.

Erdogan charged Gulen With terrorism in 2013 after they had a falling out. They were previously allies. Gulen was charged with being a terrorist by Erdogan's predecessor in 2000 and when erdogan gained power in 2008 he had the charges against Gulen dropped.

Turkey's demands for Gulen's extradition were ignored by the US because Turkey has failed to provide any evidence of terrorism.

Now of course they have "proof".

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Their contingency plans have triple contingency plans. If they have to they'll fight their way in, get the weapons secured, and fight their way out, although obviously that's a last resort.

I'm sure Delta wouldn't have a problem extracting those weapons.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to: MysticPearl

Why would you fly into a coup? Didn't Kerry and Putin have a meeting the day before all this? Just wondering.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-7-2016 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
yep, looks like a false flag to me and it wouldn`t have been hard to pull off.
I noticed that most of the troops that were caught and being led away by the police were very young some of them looked like teenagers.
They probably didn`t even know that they were involved in a coup until it was too late.
I`m thinking it would have been easy to take a bunch of young raw recruits and tell them they are going on a training exercise. send some of them to block a bridge, send some in tanks to go park at the airport ect.
it would explain why they didn`t shoot at civilians because they thought it was just a training exercise they might not have even been given live ammo.
By the time the poor suckers who thought they were just on a training exercise figured out what was actually happening it was too late they had already been identified as being part of it.

Sacrificing some raw recruits would be a small price to pay for some dictator who wants to consolidate more power to himself.
edit on 16-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join