It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan Going Crazy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am not on Erdogan's side.

I do believe this was a coup attempt.
I don't believe it was orchestrated by Erdogan.
I can't blame him at all for the coming Purge. I'd do it myself if I was in his position. Worse, probably, than he plans.

I's be willing to bet Putin is behind this. Can't blame him for it either.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
yeah putin certainly has the best motive for doing something like this.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Way to compare apples and dogs though.

This really should be a meme (pronounced maymay just for fun).

edit on 16-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: grammar

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
How about the silent majority that believes Turkey is the main supporter of ISIS.
edit on 16-7-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hey pal...umm.
NOT security like at Pete or CSOC right ...YOU have Ranger level guys there, right?
NOT like Beruit?
edit on 16-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i would be going mental if i was him after a failed coup d'etat.

if he is smart, and this was as shocking to them as it was to the rest of the world, he will put more scrutiny on to his allies/friends then onto his enemies.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
How about the silent majority that believes Turkey is the main supporter of ISIS.

Why that would be suggesting that Erdogan support would be encouraging Islamic expansion...

Hmm

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Roasted Turkey?

I'll bring the stuffing.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Turkey has been given the chance for a new direction
It has chosen to support ISIS.
exit NATO and commence firing
edit on 16-7-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yep. Obama can hardly wait to hand Gulen over now.

The Obama administration would entertain an extradition request for the U.S.-based cleric that Turkey's president is blaming for a failed coup attempt, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Saturday.

In a televised speech, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the United States should extradite Fethullah Gulen. Erdogan said Turkey had never turned back any extradition request for "terrorists" by the United States and stressed Turkey's joint role with the U.S. in fighting terrorism. "I say if we are strategic partners then you should bring about our request," he said.

Visiting Luxembourg, Kerry said Turkey would have to prove the wrongdoing of Gulen, who left Turkey in 1999.

www.yahoo.com...

edit on 16-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If you ask me Erdogan himself is behind this ill conceived coup.

Bout the only thing we would ever agree on.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Of course he is crazy. He is a person who has illusion of grandeur thinking he is above the golden rule, creating a power pyramid where everyone is beneath him in power, using religions as a tool to achieve this.

And he is using the tools Muhammad left him in the Quran to make it happen. That is what happens when people allow deviation from the golden rule to go unchallenged and call a prophet divine and perfect even when he leaves behind a mess. Plenty of scripture in the Quran to warp any ones mind including Erdogan to become insane if they are on the soulless path.

And yes all three Abrahamic religions have the same corruption in them to some extent. That does not remove the problem.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

1st Group Detachment D is low drag -no doubt- but their missions tend to be hostage rescue/counter terror. There are other groups with the sole mission of securing nuclear weapons no matter the situation.

Most people seam to think the military is a simple tier based system with Delta being at the top. And while it's true that their operators are tough as nails, the Air Force Para-Jumpers are just as mean, as are many top level SpecOp operators. The branches cross train the service schools (airborne, ranger, scuba, etc) to ensure a variety of potential across the branches.

Different groups simply have different missions (counter insurgency, naval warfare, hostage rescue, pilot recovery, etc).

Sorry for the OT rant.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

We ain't buying it - is that the smell of a burning Reichstag?

www.veteranstoday.com...

Just what did and did not happen in Turkey yesterday is going to take some time to establish; however, the key thing to takeaway from the whole sorry debacle is that the dictator Erdogan is still in power and his grip on power was not weakened by the ‘coup’ attempt but rather, strengthened, especially in terms of popular support among the masses.

Erdogan was getting battered by all sides now he gets sympathy from his stupid people who voted him in. In that sense he was actually a George Bush( who the asshole American people voted in twice) who may turn into a Hitler

Media organisations such as Dogan, Hurriyet and others were still operating and putting out pro-Erdogan information, including updating their websites, long after they were supposedly seized by the coup plotters

This was a very strange coup, there were no apparent leaders, no-one came forward to make statements to the public or to try to garner support; quite clearly, even during a coup, Erdogan’s ego would not allow any criticism of himself or his regime. Who lead this coup? We have no idea as no-one came forward. This is clear proof that the whole deal was a pantomime, a set-up designed to bolster Erdogan’s regime after it had suffered a series of foreign policy failures.

A real coup would have accused him of rigging elections, cosying up to Israel, accepting bribes from Saudi monarchists, peddling ISIS’s stolen oil in partnership with his son and Barzani, the Kurdish strongman and, most insidious of all; killing the ‘golden goose’ by losing the EU Visa deal due to Brexit....rest assured any real coup plotters inside Turkey would know all this and more besides; they would have had the TV stations they supposedly seized to make these accusations and charges against Erdogan but instead, all we got was a short and obtuse statement read out by a newscaster.

edit on 16-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

ISIS wants their Caliphate headquartered in Istanbul correct?

Where did you hear this very interesting claim?????

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
We discussed the possibility last night but this is looking more and more like a false flag.

How did he arrest and target so many, including judges, in such a short period? It's as if he knew exactly where his opposition was and what he was going to do well beforehand.

Now he gets to cut out his secular opposition and hand himself more authoritarian powers and edge Turkey more towards an Islamic nation....his goal.

I meanwhile have scratched visiting Turkey off my bucket list.

The fact that Erdogan had such comprehensive lists ready to go, suggests that he was already planning to make a move. Perhaps the people behind the coup felt that they couldn't risk waiting any longer to prepare and had to move now with whatever they had.

I don't think it is necessarily a "false flag", I just think Erdogan out-maneuvered the military. He (intentionally or otherwise) forced them to act before they were ready.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

We ain't buying it - is that the smell of a burning Reichstag?

www.veteranstoday.com...

Just what did and did not happen in Turkey yesterday is going to take some time to establish; however, the key thing to takeaway from the whole sorry debacle is that the dictator Erdogan is still in power and his grip on power was not weakened by the ‘coup’ attempt but rather, strengthened, especially in terms of popular support among the masses.

Erdogan was getting battered by all sides now he gets sympathy from his stupid people who voted him in. In that sense he was actually a George Bush( who the asshole American people voted in twice) who may turn into a Hitler

Media organisations such as Dogan, Hurriyet and others were still operating and putting out pro-Erdogan information, including updating their websites, long after they were supposedly seized by the coup plotters

This was a very strange coup, there were no apparent leaders, no-one came forward to make statements to the public or to try to garner support; quite clearly, even during a coup, Erdogan’s ego would not allow any criticism of himself or his regime. Who lead this coup? We have no idea as no-one came forward. This is clear proof that the whole deal was a pantomime, a set-up designed to bolster Erdogan’s regime after it had suffered a series of foreign policy failures.

A real coup would have accused him of rigging elections, cosying up to Israel, accepting bribes from Saudi monarchists, peddling ISIS’s stolen oil in partnership with his son and Barzani, the Kurdish strongman and, most insidious of all; killing the ‘golden goose’ by losing the EU Visa deal due to Brexit....rest assured any real coup plotters inside Turkey would know all this and more besides; they would have had the TV stations they supposedly seized to make these accusations and charges against Erdogan but instead, all we got was a short and obtuse statement read out by a newscaster.

You are so wrong on so many levels. I will never, ever take you seriously again.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

It's prophesy.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
... is likely a nuclear war on the ME. That’s very likely

No, a nuclear war in the ME is not very likely at all.

What's more likely is that they will just keep killing each other. Shame that Turkey was very nearly working, but not it's lurching back to being all intolerant, autocratic and religious.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

It's prophesy.

I agree, that's why I'm so interested in hearing when ISIS claimed they wanted Isanbul as the capital of their Caliphate.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join