It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beat Goes On

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Violence.
Orlando, Dallas, Nice, France. I could go back further, and not very far, and name some others. I could post pictures and more detailed descriptions of each, as the warning before I began to produce this thread, asked for more detailed sources backing it up. The problem I have with that, is the more attention I turn to those places of violence, the more it seems to feed the hatred.

How many warnings about hatred and civility and intellectual discourse have I seen on ATS in just the last hour in separate threads by various administrators and moderators?

How many people reading here are familiar with Dr. Jacques Valee and his coining of the term "the Control System," and what that refers to and encompasses? Whether you believe or ascribe to this theory or not, I plead it's worth a look. If religion can't get you to turn the other cheek, to stop seeking vengeance, maybe thinking about a possibility of an overarching layer of control will. The more we hate, disregard, disrespect, stir the pot, lack compassion, the more we play into that control system's hands, the more we make mankind seem to be a species in need, desperate need of some other control.

In my humble experience and observance, the macrocosm and microcosm tend to mimick one another. Does that mean all things are connected, or purposefully connected to create a cascade of incivility and anarchy, hatred and regression into savage violence. I don't really know. But on that level of connection, I want to say this.

I have a close relative, a parent, that I don't exactly have good memories of. Our relationship throughout my life has largely been quite toxic to me, caused a great deal of pain. This person just broke their hip, fell, and is in the hospital, to be operated on tomorrow. In the middle of what seems like a cataclysmic human meltdown of violence and pain, I am conflicted in my feelings about this. You see, this person has caused me much pain in my life. But still, there is some love, some compassion, some respect left in me, for I want to see no one suffer, no matter what harm they've caused me. In my experience, the more you respond spitefully this way, the more you are giving the universe, or just this paradigm of it (controlled as it may be) reason, cause, and permission to do the same to you, when that time comes.

I am beyond discerning much of anything, and wish to judge no one or nothing. I just wish the violence would stop. I made this thread in hopes others would write here of their own personal experiences of refusing to give into hate or vengeance and wishing, praying, hoping and believing that if we put out enough positive energy we can stop suffering. We can stop the pain. We can stop the power of hatred or giving into it. And heal ourselves while doing so.....

This is life. It requires of us to respect other life. The beat goes on. If your heart doesn't beat, maybe the heart of the universe also ceases. Is that what we want?
Regards to everyone,
tetra50

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

if the beat goes on so does the show, we all have choices, even you

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

and by the way turn the "turn the other check" never ment get hit again.

it ment be ready for the next one( as in be ready to counter)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I guess that's part of my point, DOCHOLIDAZE1: maybe so, about the choices, and maybe not. It's not my right to judge that about your life, nor yours to judge that about mine. The choice I do know I have is a considered reaction to events. That's what I'm talking about. I could easily wish ill and pain on the person who has given me nothing but that most of my life, but with consideration and my kneejerk reaction being I hated seeing her suffer, absolutely hated it, turn away from vengeance.

As far as the "show going on," it really isn't a show. It's a life. And even if you have more than one, every single one of them counts. And if you don't learn from that, and get out of the "show," and what's expected to find what's true in your own heart of hearts, you're bound to repeat the same evils and pain all over again. IMHO.
take care, and thanks for your response and the vid and music.
tetra

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

and by the way turn the "turn the other check" never ment get hit again.

it ment be ready for the next one( as in be ready to counter)

I don't believe it meant either. I believe it meant walk away, and don't seek vengeance.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

i think it ment if one is attacked by anything you must be ready to defend, weather physical, mental or spiritual

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

the music was how one man was clever enough to get his message out without selling out. i dont know were he is now, but back then he got shut down by the powers that be. because he did the leg work before, the people wouldnt have his demise(actually protested), and he then was given a chance, and his "popular music" means more than 99.9 percent of the popular music out their. he was truly able to break through and i give him props for that. the rest of these clowns are bs
edit on 14-7-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

She's not talking about 'turning the other cheek' -

- she's talking about stopping the cycle of violence-vengeance-revengence by refusing victim mentality indoctrination and being the stronger minded, better person by choosing to rise above the base instincts of reactive retribution...

Returning love for hatred does not mean allowing yourself to continue being hit, it just means being strong enough to forgive the one who hit you...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

- she's talking about stopping the cycle of violence-vengeance-revengence by refusing victim mentality indoctrination and being the stronger minded, better person by choosing to rise above the base instincts of reactive retribution...

Returning love for hatred does not mean allowing yourself to continue being hit, it just means being strong enough to forgive the one who hit you...

Thanks so much, lostgirl. When I was thinking about how to put all this, not accepting being beaten, but still being able to love and have compassion for those who have hurt you, I was striving for just this, and hoped I got that across.
Thanks for helping me get that message out, for sure.
take care.
tetra

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
We are being conditioned to hate, it is very deliberate and meticulous. I totally understand this, I have personally been provoked and intimidated pretty much endlessly for over 4 years and I firmly believe that the purpose is to either make me give in and “join them”, or failing that snap and do something utterly stupid. That’s exactly the problem here, in that a lot of people are snapping. Having said that, some people are being engineered more directly to do these things, I guess we’d call that “brainwashing”.

I for one won’t be used as a means to cause suffering to another, and neither shall I do so of my own accord - that’s my logic and it works for me.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It is unrealistic to want everyone to get along while there is still corruption in us. We cannot, and should not, be forced to be open and tolerant to all ways of life - it goes against our very nature. Instead, we need to do what we all want to instinctively do: separate. That is our problem. We need to be able to separate by our belief systems and yet, for whatever reason, we are being pushed together and burdened to all hell by politically correct garbage. They're pushing us together for whatever reason they have up their sleeve - that is the problem, not us wanting to be intolerant to nonsense.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I would add to this there are a LOT of good things going on in the world and hyper-focusing on just the bad drags you down. Negative attention is still attention. Three year olds know this. I'm not saying stick your head in the sand, but using your life to do good things takes away from the bad.

The MSM focuses only on the aberrant and sensational. It's too easy to keep reading the headlines and gain a skewed perspective of the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IllegalName
We are being conditioned to hate, it is very deliberate and meticulous. I totally understand this, I have personally been provoked and intimidated pretty much endlessly for over 4 years and I firmly believe that the purpose is to either make me give in and “join them”, or failing that snap and do something utterly stupid. That’s exactly the problem here, in that a lot of people are snapping. Having said that, some people are being engineered more directly to do these things, I guess we’d call that “brainwashing”.

I for one won’t be used as a means to cause suffering to another, and neither shall I do so of my own accord - that’s my logic and it works for me.

Good for you. I hope the rest of us can remain that sane in insane times. Take care of yourself.
tetra

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

It is unrealistic to want everyone to get along while there is still corruption in us. We cannot, and should not, be forced to be open and tolerant to all ways of life - it goes against our very nature. Instead, we need to do what we all want to instinctively do: separate. That is our problem. We need to be able to separate by our belief systems and yet, for whatever reason, we are being pushed together and burdened to all hell by politically correct garbage. They're pushing us together for whatever reason they have up their sleeve - that is the problem, not us wanting to be intolerant to nonsense.

There are certainly ways of expressing our intolerance of nonsense, without giving into more primal drives, that may only be provoked for the sake of exerting ever more powerful controls over us, because we can't tolerate to a degree to live and let live. Certainly, there are things worth fighting for. If your child is being hurt, if you're being savaged by someone......I certainly believe in defending oneself. But ideas, people baiting one another and stirring the pot, so to speak....surely this is simple to walk away from. Don't escalate. When pepole bait, they WANT the escalation. They almost seem to get off on it. Pick your battles, life your life, look for joy....

That's all I'm saying.
tetra

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

I would add to this there are a LOT of good things going on in the world and hyper-focusing on just the bad drags you down. Negative attention is still attention. Three year olds know this. I'm not saying stick your head in the sand, but using your life to do good things takes away from the bad.

The MSM focuses only on the aberrant and sensational. It's too easy to keep reading the headlines and gain a skewed perspective of the world.

Just so you know, caver, I'm trying to star you for that but it's not working. All the same, star for you.
tetra

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

And you're wrong. We cannot live like that, hints the news.

Look, when you are building something, you have to use what you have. You can't just imagine something out of nowhere and build upon nothing. You must work with what you have and what we have is what we are. You can try to pretend we are all loving and can be tolerant but you are just going to drive yourself and everyone around you crazy. We are not all loving and peaceful. Some people do not want that. We need to separate from them.
edit on 7/14/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

And you're wrong. We cannot live like that, hints the news.

We can't live like what?
Walking away from retribution?
It's why I gave you a hint, speaking of hints, of my own personal story, the microcosm representing this macrocosm of pain.....
Yes, we can live like that. You can walk away. You can work to resolve the karmic conflicts without causing or enjoying another's pain. You really can. It's called letting go and forgiveness, and retaining your humanity. If you don't, you're likely bound to repeat the same, painful episodes in some other life.....

I'm not judging you. I'm simply telling you, from my own experience, if you don't learn to live like that, you are likely doomed to repeating it all over. I wouldn't want that for you, or anyone: the haters or the hated, the perpetrators or the victims. And to realize that there may be a layer above all that, purposefully dividing us, creating the divisions and separations of haters and hated, perpetrators and victims....

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Dear Bleep: This is another thing I have to say about your expressing the need for separation:
Try being truly alone in life for quite a while.....
Nothing will teach you tolerance or love for another life quite like that, for we need each other, more, much more than we need to separate from one another.
Regards to you.
tetra

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I enjoyed your post because it brought to mind a few items I'd wanted to create threads about that I haven't had the time to.

One of the things it made me think about/reminded me of....

Last summer I had a concrete inspector on site to perform an inspection that was not a building department requirement because it wasn't technically structural but I wanted an inspection just to cover all bases. In between pours, the inspector was talking to me and the general contractor's super and he started to talk about how much he enjoys attending cock-fights. For a moment I was shocked that cock-fights happen within a million miles of me but I remembered that I work in one of the largest U.S. cities so... you know.

I respectfully told the inspector we no longer needed his services and sent him on his way. After he left and I was speaking with the super (whom was as disgusted as I was) we both said basically the same thing about those poor chickens/roosters/whatever. Yes, I eat chicken but I purchase free-range because there's no reason to torture creatures for the entirety of their lives (but that is for another thread).

As it pertains to your post and compassion in general.... what the super and I agreed on is that we were disgusted that people would take such joy in treating animals in such a way. We talked about the way that many of us know what it is like to be TRULY scared and we wouldn't wish that on anyone. Many of us know what it is like to feel physical pain and we wouldn't wish that on anyone. Taking it a bit farther.... I know what it is like to go hungry for days at a time and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I know what it is like to be shivering cold for extended periods and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I understand where you are coming from and although you have in some ways answered this question in some of your posts on this thread.... what to do about those that CAUSE the pain and suffering? Where is that line drawn?

I hate to bring politicians into this but I do think there is an instance where a "bad guy" was killed justifiably but perhaps with the wrong motivation. Remember after Gadhafi was killed and Hillary did her little "We came, we say, he died... hahahahahaha"....? I can acknowledge that some people have committed such atrocities and are possibly deserving of death... but to laugh about it rather than solemnly acknowledge that a necessary task was accomplished I have always found hard to digest.

I don't bring this up to prove you wrong because I don't think you are in a general sense but it is difficult to know where the line is drawn as to when to ignore/walk-away and when to take an aggressive response.

I think you may agree (maybe) that when the line is crossed and the dirty deeds need to be done, it should be because it HAS to be done and not to satisfy a craving.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
Dear eluryh22: Such a thoughtul response, and so true. The line, indeed, is quite difficult. It's part of why I added that in these times discernment is a very difficult thing to come by, and I wish to be the judge of nothing and no one, so blurred has that line become for me.

I hate to bring politicians into this but I do think there is an instance where a "bad guy" was killed justifiably but perhaps with the wrong motivation. Remember after Gadhafi was killed and Hillary did her little "We came, we say, he died... hahahahahaha"....? I can acknowledge that some people have committed such atrocities and are possibly deserving of death... but to laugh about it rather than solemnly acknowledge that a necessary task was accomplished I have always found hard to digest.

In general, I agree with this. Sometimes it needs to be done, just as within our "justice" system if we've a serial killer of killer of children, we all feel this person should sacrifice their life, owe it. The only reason I depart from this is that I think things are not so clear anymore. In other words, I'm one whom at the time thought OJ had to be guilty and hated that he got the verdict he did. As I've gotten older, I do absolutely see it possible, though not likely, that he was framed. Being framed actually does happen. Everything can appear to be a certain way, and it really isn't. I know that from personal experience,as well. Even the Bible warns us that faith is knowing "what appears to be is not what truly is." Not that I generally use the Bible as my litmus test for logic, but do find it applies here, somewhat. This is exactly why discernment has become so difficult, and the other biblical passage, "those that have eyes to see, and ears to hear....."

To me it is a warning about judgement and discernment, and not allowing ourselves to be hijacked by rushing to judgements provided by outside sources we've been inculcated to trust, which truly may not be trustworthy: i.e., the mainstream media telling us it's a lone gunman, crazed, or closeted gay, or disgruntled over this or that. And then we see their picture, like the Aurora theatre guy, zoned, dazed and clearly drugged to the point he couldn't possibly know what was occurring.

Having said all that, judgement is necessary just to get through every single day. So I don't know where we go from here.
But I err on the side of those that have done me harm, it's not my battle to seek their harm or joy in that, in return.
It IS a fine line. For, if someone was hurting my child in front of me, I would absolutely, given the weapon, blow their head off. This is the definition of the "fine line." As peaceful as I want to be, as much as I want to see no one suffer, I will protect myself and those I love. But there is a limit in that, as well.

Everything may not be as connected as we are led to believe it is. I think this is the secret to the fine line. We are inculcated to see connections that aren't true, are dissonant, are, in fact, cognitive dissonance. But nevertheless, after enough of it shoved down your thoat, you lose your strength, and give in to the primal surge of hatred......

Surely we can rise above this with enough careful consideration and retention of our humanity.
Regards to you,
tetra

top topics

<<   2 >>

join