It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat calling is now a hate crime

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The Nottinghamshire police force has become the first in The U.K. to categorize the sexual and verbal harassment of women as a hate crime. According to the BBC, the police in Nottinghamshire will investigate abuse toward women -- including cat-calling. www.bbc.com...
“The force defines misogyny hate crime as: "Incidents against women that are motivated by an attitude of a man towards a woman and includes behavior(sic) targeted towards a woman by men simply because they are a woman."
The article does not approach an incident or example, of a woman or transgender, cat-calling a woman.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Get a fooking life....Hey baby or transgender person...great legs!
Briexit is the least of your problem.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Interesting. I wonder if the crimes of these "refugees" was what prompted this. Being able to arrest hem for that would be better than waiting till there was an actual assault.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It is basically a way for a man to tell a woman he is sexually attracted to her.

Woman do not to be told this in a loud public manner.

A lot of men find this very hard to understand.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Yeah that's why people cat-call others: to let them know they hate them. In other news, a motion is being passed to record flipping the bird as murder.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Violater1

A real self-respecting man wouldn't verbally harass women like that to begin with but I think making it a hate crime is a little ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Yeah that's why people cat-call others: to let them know they hate them. In other news, a motion is being passed to record flipping the bird as murder.

Who leaked that information to you!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Pick -up lines will be rape soon.

When humans jump off a cliff they go head first.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Cat calling is a waste of breath. My cats only come to me when it's time to be fed.

Does the sound of a can opener qualify as cat calling?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
It is basically a way for a man to tell a woman he is sexually attracted to her.

Woman do not to be told this in a loud public manner.

A lot of men find this very hard to understand.

Have you ever watched a nature documentary?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well they didn't have to go as far as calling it a "hate crime", that will be with intent to cause harm, tagging it a sexual harassment issue, would have been just fine.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Well they didn't have to go as far as calling it a "hate crime", that will be with intent to cause harm, tagging it a sexual harassment issue, would have been just fine.

Why is sexual harassment different from normal harassment?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Normal is not sexual.

Im sure that UK have its own meaning for sexual harassment and hate crimes laws.

Sexual Harassment

It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.

Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.

Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.

Although the law doesn’t prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer.

www.eeoc.gov...

Defining a Hate Crime

A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.

These efforts serve as a backstop for investigations by state and local authorities, which handle the vast majority of hate crime cases throughout the country.

www.fbi.gov...

edit on 14-7-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Interesting. I wonder if the crimes of these "refugees" was what prompted this. Being able to arrest hem for that would be better than waiting till there was an actual assault.

I think you have it right, Lady. The middle eastern horny apes that lack self control have been harassing women verbally and physically. Of course, it's just part of their so-called 'culture' so that excuses it. This may help the police check some of this before things go too far.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Normal is not sexual.

I believe you missed my point so I'll spell it out. Women don't want to be special, according to feminism. They want to be equal. Why is there a special definition for something that mainly women complain about?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Actually sexual harassment and hate crimes affects males and females equally, but I see your point of view, I am of the opinion that I don't need nobody to stand for me as I can do just fine by myself as a female.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
so what is the alternative to get them to stop? i think making an example out of people is what gives them a reality check so that they

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yay!
a step forward for free speach!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Actually sexual harassment and hate crimes affects males and females equally, but I see your point of view, I am of the opinion that I don't need nobody to stand for me as I can do just fine by myself as a female.

I would also like to point out that most crimes are "hate crimes". Take murder, for example. If someone murders me, they probably don't like me very much. Or at least they probably have contempt for me. So if I had been murdered and I could be there to call it, I'd call my murder a hate crime.

But calling it "just plain murder" is good enough for me. Because murder is a serious crime and people often even get life in prison for murder. So I'm fine with it just being called murder.

Same for assault. I've been assaulted before and guess what? It sucked. I wasn't happy about it. I almost lost a tooth and was pretty traumatized for a long time. There was just one problem. It didn't have a sexual tinge to it so even though they caught the guys who did it, they got a slap on the wrist (actually, I don't even think they were charged). Because punching someone in the face for no reason isn't as serious as telling someone they have a nice butt. To be honest with you I would have rather been cat called.

Actually, those guys were black and I was white and that's probably why they attacked me. But frankly, I don't really care why. It would have simply been nice if they'd been charged with normal assault or whatever the usual charge is for beating the crap out of a person who did nothing to you.

I don't see the need to make things more complicated than they need to be. That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying harassment isn't wrong. I just don't think there's really a need to make one kind of harassment more special than another. Although I suppose I would agree that actual rape is worse than being punched in the face. But it sucks either way.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

So, huh.

Would "I wave my genitals at you!" ala Monty P be considered a hate crime now, too?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join