It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat calling is now a hate crime

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The Britons are Doomed ! Maybe we will see them Again Someday in the British Museum of Unnatural History , Displayed in the Ethnic Cleansing NWO Exhibit of 2020 .
edit on 14-7-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
And the purpose of your post? It certainly isn't the topic.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Pro Creative Extinction is Not a Laughing Matter Mister !

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jasminnne
a reply to: jellyrev

Well some of them think "introducing yourself" is harassment as well.

watching the latest nonsense coming out of the snowflake circles, basically anything a guy does is harassment to some women out there that needs to be made illegal.

it is a extremely loud fractional minority that is pushing all this crap. my question is, why is media and lawmakers taking them soo seriously. I think when extremists are shouting demanding laws and businesses cater to their insanity at the expense of the majority, culture, and norms, people need to speak up loudly against that.
Is cat calling dumb? yep. but like many forms of moronic free expression, it should be preserved. the second someone puts hands on someone else, thats the line, but me calling someone a sexy mama..that hurts nobody (except for my pride when I get the look of a thousand deaths)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

A Bunch of Wuessy British Nerds won't be Losing Anything Anytime Soon . Now that is Just SAD.............

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

1 in 100 Women Respond to Male " Cat Calling " in a Seductive and Positive Interesting way . It's a Fact In Canada .

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

1 in 100 Women Respond to Male " Cat Calling " in a Seductive and Positive Interesting way . It's a Fact In Canada .

Sounds like the Canuckistani girls show decent restraint.
The other 99 will kick your ass.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I call my cat "Fluffy Noodles" sometimes.

So come at me, bro.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have been whistled at since I was 14. Any time I walked past a group of men, or if a man drove past me. It still happens and I'm 59. It is sometimes no often scary. I had a man circle around and harrass me when I was 16 and it really frightened me.
I know mostly it's just guys being guys but sometimes it's not . Sometimes they are predators.

The man that circled around to pass me as I was walking home in the afternoon in 1974 circled around a mile loop three times . Each time he went slow making sure I was aware he was there. I was on the sidewalk that ran along a west bound service lane. One way, no side streets, just woods. He had to drive a half mile up to a turn around drive east on the other sides service road and come back down the west side another half mile up. It took about seven or eight minutes each turn. On the last time around I had finally reached the point where there were side streets and houses. I felt relieved. On the first corner there was a small wooded lot. I noticed a slight glint of metal and stopped dead. I saw his car. It was parked on the side road I could just make out its ugly gold brown color through the sparse underbrush. I started to run and someone yelled from the woods. I turned because it sounded like another girl. There stood the man totally naked and playing his fiddle. I took off running and I swear my feet never touched the ground until I reached the turn around corner where there was a small strip mall with a grocery store.
I know I'm not the only woman who has felt trepidation in a given situation. In the city at night to see a show.
Breaking down alone even in a populated area. Even in a parking lot with lights. We're vulnerable . So next time you're tempted to whistle at a pretty girl think twice and just nod and smile with a polite ma'am instead.
edit on 7142016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Because of the vulnerability especially if the man or woman holds a position of power and it's personal sexual invasive nature.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have to state that I don't see it as a hate crime.
I was taking the opportunity to post a public service message to men. 🌺

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Cat calling...

Stupid? Yes.

Hate? No.

I wonder if people will ever classify stupid legislation like this as a hate crime.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Far better ratio than my singing publically. perhaps I should cat call instead.

all a numbers game

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I have to state that I don't see it as a hate crime.
I was taking the opportunity to post a public service message to men. 🌺

ridicule and promote embarassment for the behavior. I am in favor of that. like offensive jokes, make the person saying that realize its just a bad joke..make them feel embarassed, and ultimately clean up their act.

but making laws for expressing like in something...that is beyond the line...like, miles past the line.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Ridicule? Promote embarrassment? You lost me. Never mind. You mean as a measure of prevention. Okay...
What about education of personal space and how to respect it. Even what's called from a construction crew invades personal space. Education that teaches how to not make someone feel self conscious walking down the street. If there was a way to make them feel the vulnerability . Like a big dog and educate them at the same time hmmmm
edit on 7142016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I didn't even know people still did this.

The Nottinghamshire police must have some real lunatics working for them.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Since with many people it is a monkey see monkey doo thing, then some education for flinging such has already taken place... once such is embedded in someone it can be a difficult challenge to remove such programming as acceptable social behavior and well, peer pressure from society and not just peers that affirm such behaviors as acceptable in the public spectrum is what seems to be the argument.

Since people would rather self justify behaviors instead of respect a sense of personal space in a public space, such laws become inevitable it seems in the march towards equality and of course training or re training what the social norms are that foster such notions of equality, and of course those not wishing for equality are of course the ones that have yet to see anything wrong with such behavior no matter the time nor the place in which things that one is compelled to act or react on without a second thought is the going standard... when of course that is not the standard society wishes to have, as it is a deviation that have become normalized and many wish to have or see as acceptable behavior.

The self rationalization is that it is a harmless invite, yet fail to see that it is an invite a suggestion that was not solicited by anything other than one going about their normal everyday business or activity... material status nor any other appropriate signal seems to matter in such individuals hooting and flinging whatever comes to mind without any self restraint under the ideas that it is an acceptable behavior to do so with no respect for an other without any introspection that it may be disrespectful in such self and other justifications by whatever group or label one identifies with that may allow such to be an excusable offense.

For those seeing nothing wrong with it; imagine being harassed by a constant flood of sales people as you are going down the side walk, or sitting in your car minding your own business... no different than a 3rd world market place when walking between stalls. Except this is being inundated by calls or solicitations of a sexual nature.

In such an environment; everyone is on the prowl at any given time... or could be. In such an environment, how could anyone even the elderly feel secure when simply trying or attempting to go about the business they have or want to accomplish, without being accosted in such a haughty manner.

I think in a previous post, there was an amount of statistics going saying it is not something well received in a certain country at all... so perhaps such compulsions is simply a disorder that could lead into the scenario that you unfortunately encountered with a sexual predator and was fortunate enough to be fleet of foot to escape and avoid assault or perhaps in some it is just wishful thinking... and want to call it admiration.

Yet there's the old saying of sow a seed reap a habit and eventually that habit may turn into deed if it hasn't already become such in ones pathology. As that 1 out of the 100 has given positive re-enforcement to continue or start such a practice calling it a numbers game in this very thread.

Women of course can self empower by objectifying themselves, same as men can... yet it is non-consensual when others are objectifying them, as it is not empowering without such consent.

I think thats the gist of why it is considered a hate crime, due to the nature of it's inequality and desire to remove a persons power through the force of ones will due to the lack of restraint one has over their own will... in such it can and does become a dangerous environment and not one of equality but one of domination and control due to such impulses when left unchecked.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gin
I started to parallel the connection of aposematism found in nature and the bright colors of these feminists, a warning signal to stay far if you don't want to get in trouble.

Brilliant!

That's going to be stuck in my head for a while. Avoid coral snakes, poisonous frogs, and blue hair.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

This is because you are a strong woman.. I've seen you around, any man would be lucky to have a woman like you in their life.

Feminism has become a doctrine of weakness, a doctrine of victimhood. This is just more fascism from the left, the wording is about as vague as it gets. Not only are feminists in their minds already being raped by being looked at but they have in many places completely redefined rape, they now how yet another weapon to wield against anyone they might have a grudge against.

I've never cat called anyone.. but this makes me want to go out on a cat calling spree simply because I might not ever be able to do it again lawfully.

a reply to: dreamlotus1111

Oh how surprising that you out of all people would support this fascism.. what a huge surprise! The ironically labelled anti-fascist left have struck again. Will they ever regain their senses and recognise their blatant cognitive dissonance?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
and educate them at the same time hmmmm

..educa....dude, they know what they are doing is invading personal space. its just socially acceptable still to some

the only way it becomes unacceptable is through mocking, ridiculing, etc the catcallers.

They do it though because there is a double standard. joe construction dude age 22 gives a wink and smile, girl responds back with a smile. he might say "wow" and she smiles.
same guy does this often, gets numbers, etc.
20 years later, he is conditioned to this behavior, more brave, the woahs are a bit louder, he is a bit heavier, and suddenly the girls are not as interested..suddenly overweight 42 year old joe is considered a inapproprate creep because he stopped being 22.

And thats the issue. if men are to stop being this way, then women have to collectively stop giving 22 year old Joe a pass because of handsomeness...but they wont, because biology, and 42 year old joe wont stop his catcalling either, because once again, biology (and learned behavior).
Whats the solution...dudebros telling 22 year old joe to save it for the pub..but otherwise, there is no solution...because for the most part, it isnt a huge problem. a bit of cultural ridicule is about the only thing that will lessen it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join