It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One striking chart shows why pharma companies are fighting legal marijuana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mythos

hey been there and done that. I smoked pot for 20 years.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

i respect your experience with it, however, for many people cannabis is an answer.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The strain's that are better for pain are generally not the kind that have been overly popular on the recreational market. Sativa is a choice for pain but not the kind of hard hitting deal the recreational market want's, which have historically been Indica's.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

The strain's that are better for pain are generally not the kind that have been overly popular on the recreational market. Sativa is a choice for pain but not the kind of hard hitting deal the recreational market want's, which have historically been Indica's.

Combusting MJ does not induce the medical benefits IMHO....and I dont think the majority of people who use cannabis even know what different strains represent as the black market has not provided consumer data.....and in Canada as far as I can see the Government forced medical users to combust the MJ..... depriving them of the medical upsides....this law has recently been overturned I believe.IMHO the Government has beyond any doubt the knowledge to with a 100% surety define the combustion of MJ as an inferior method of deriving medical benefits so there is no conclusion to be drawn other than they knowingly forced medical patients to use ONLY and SPECIFICLLY the LEAST IMPACTFULL method of using this medicine in support of big pharma.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Lawl.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Their pills are also failing due to being presented as a treatment for a condition instead of curing the condition(if it can be). The drugs are not only addictive, a gateway and are very lethal. They'll attack marijuana due to solely knowing it is lacking the risks that their drugs present. As well as the heat they are receiving for the drugs due to the celebrity fatalities from excessive usage additions.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

smoking cannabis or hash makes people think

Yup. They think, "duuuuuuude...where's my bed?"

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
when I used marijuana as a recreational drug. I would often use it when I was in pain from an injury as well. But it made the pain more intense while making me more dense.

The last time I took a puff I could see how dumb pot made me. I don't ever want to feel that way again.

Pot is not the answer Jesus is.

Its not the pot making you dense john....

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If you read threads on pot here youd think its a magical innocent fun medicine thats healthy, makes you think, and works the same for everyone. Well in my experience its a drug and rightly so. I still want it legalized ofcourse because crminalization of drugs has never been shown to be the answer but the promotion thats going on at ATS is insane.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatsup86
If you read threads on pot here youd think its a magical innocent fun medicine thats healthy, makes you think, and works the same for everyone. Well in my experience its a drug and rightly so. I still want it legalized ofcourse because crminalization of drugs has never been shown to be the answer but the promotion thats going on at ATS is insane.

Discussion is not promotion and this thread has not promoted anyhing beyond a normal balanced sharing of ideas and experiences....you must have enjoyed the authorised medical MJ is an anti-parsitic post huh?Enjoy,a balanced societally normal discussion is going on on this thread.Times change Poncho.Societal norms change.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
LMAO!

And Glaucoma is at the bottom of the list

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I live in Washington State where both medical & recreational mj are legal. There are strains that make you alert, athletic and others that can make you a couch potato. I'm interested in a strain for my pain.

Background - I was in the hospital the last 12 days of June and the first 3 days of July. Mostly I was there because I have a blood clot (still) in one of my heart chambers. Once the clot is dissolved they will address fixing my heart (probably replace 9 year old stent). I migrated from an IV to some new fancy pills that have allowed me to go home.

My problem related to this thread is back pain and in the hospital they gave me oxycodone as needed. I tried to limit it to mostly night to help me sleep. Now that I'm home they have given my hydrocodone for back pain. Eventually I hope to get my back fixed, but I want to limit my narcotics exposure. Thus I'm considering asking about medical mj to get me off the bad stuff. I might try some on my own prior to making a request to see if It helps with pain, but I also think I should not be smoking anything so it will have to be edibles.

edit on 7/14/16 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Discussion is not promotion and this thread has not promoted anyhing beyond a normal balanced sharing of ideas and experiences....you must have enjoyed the authorised medical MJ is an anti-parsitic post huh?Enjoy,a balanced societally normal discussion is going on on this thread.Times change Poncho.Societal norms change.

Ow discussion can in fact be promotion, especially whenever any critical view is bashed with responses like this.

And where did I deny weed has medicional benefits, i doubt you read my full post? There are many natural medicines that work, doesnt mean theyre good to get addicted to when youre healthy now does it? And if i know anything about weed from own experience is that under certain circumstances its highly addictive. Even physically. And its also a drug thats easy to get addicted too since the high is more subtle and easier to function under than alcohol for example.
edit on 403am3120000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 403am3118000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I know people have said they should re-engineer MJ to take the fun out of it and then patent/sell it. I dont believe they will, at least for another 20 years or until becomes 100% legal in the US. If they do this now, it will push the other states to legalize it more rapidly. People will point to Big Pharma and say "told you".

I've always believed that there are drugs being suppressed in effectiveness designed to be taken in dosages over several months, rather than days in order to increase profits.

(post by ChesterJohn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
And people drink less alcohol and use way less tobacco, or even no tobacco anymore.
That´s the other industries fighting legal cannabis.

And i personally believe that smoking cannabis or hash makes people think. At least they will take time to think.
And selfthinking people are not that good to control...
I ever have to end with that alcoholic because there is no sign for a joint...

It is true that some of the wealthiest people in the world built the very government we stand by, by the selling of opium. However, this does not make the stuff some kind of secret element we are missing out from. If someone was ill, I would try all options to get well, even if it meant taking those kinds of drugs. However, when your fit and healthy, you should be able to ''take time to think'' and free your own mind beyond needing a stimulant to do so. Its weak minded to feel the need for drugs to open your mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
LMAO!

And Glaucoma is at the bottom of the list

There's a difference:

All of the other conditions have seen a drop in prescriptions. Glaucoma has seen a slight increase in regular (non-pot) prescription, which is why it's at the bottom.

The possible reason for this is outlined in the article, as well as quoted by me on page one of this thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If your child is having 600 seizures a day, I think youd probably want to know more about the medical effects reducing that to zero

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Promotion? No promotion, just common sense and safety.

We have a very serious problem in the US with addition to pills (mostly narcotics). People are prescribed pills left and right, people become physically dependent on them to detrimental effect: from overdoses, to disruption on lifestyle, to losing family and possessions because of addiction, and crime targeting the acquisition of pills.

While marijuana is not a "magic" drug (well, depending on who you talk to), it is far less dangerous than narcotics and has a variety of conditions it's able to treat, all while being NATURAL and without the complications of the myriad of narcotic-based prescription drugs (and even non-narcotic based prescription drugs with detrimental side effects. When we have only had, for such a long time, narcotic-based drugs that make people dependent, or other drugs with very serious side effects that are both pushed and condoned by Doctors and the pharmaceutical industry (because of profit) even though they're highly addictive and harmful, we need something safer, more natural, more accepted, and more versatile without the physical dependence of narcotics or the side effects of other prescriptions.

Now, we have kids seeking out strains of fake pot to get high, and they end up in the hospital or dead because it's so dangerous and SYNTHETIC, or kids seeking out heroin to deal with their narcotic (pill) addiction because, once addicted to pills, they are harder to get than heroin (in a lot of areas).

Society is #d when people have easier access to dangerous chemicals and synthetic drugs (including synthetic pot) than they do safe, natural drugs that have been around and used for thousands of years.

It defies common sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join