It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Dwarf Planet Discovered Far Beyond Pluto's Orbit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
They should name it after Obama.....Hope and Change.

Failed planet...failed leader....get it....

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Maybe this is the Planet X or Nibiru we've all been looking for?

We going die nows?

Yep! That's Niburu and the Anunnaki are coming to get you! There will be no place to run, no place to hide!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
if pluto isn`t considered a planet anymore than how can this new discovery which is less than 1/3 the size of pluto be considered a planet?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I would be interested to find out if its highly elliptical orbit contributes to the theory that there is a Neptune-size planet in the Kuiper Belt perturbing these dwarf planet's orbits.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

im pretty sure they already named it i saw a video on it last night while letting youtube run in the back round,

they named it ERIS i believe, after a god of destruction.

i could be wrong but that is what i heard last night on the tube

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Maybe this is the Planet X or Nibiru we've all been looking for?

In a way it is Planet X as X is used to denote unknown , if it is as small as they suspect then it's another Kuiper Belt object we've identified to add to the list along with Ceres, Haumea, Makemake, and Eris , if it''s larger then perhaps it's something more interesting .
Only time and further observations will tell.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
"Is this Planet X/Nibiru we've been looking for?"

Absolutely not! PX is inbound and around the orbit of Venus and can be seen regularly at sunrise or sunset. I've been watching it and documenting the progress of the object at two oclock.

Nemesis is the perturber of planets in the outer reaches of the solar system, this maybe where your confusion lies? PX actually orbits between Nemesis and our Sun.

What mostly caught my attention is the further creep towards the announcement of Px, 'discoveries' like this are paving the way for this. Won't be long now..

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I can't believe you all want to name a scientific discovery after a car like a Beetle or Golf.
At 435 miles, it obviously a Mini.

I'd prefer Lupo or Up! if it was my choice.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
if pluto isn`t considered a planet anymore than how can this new discovery which is less than 1/3 the size of pluto be considered a planet?

It's not, it's considered a dwarf planet, just like Pluto is.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

Absolutely not! PX is inbound and around the orbit of Venus and can be seen regularly at sunrise or sunset.

So how comes none of the amateur astronomers discovered it and anounced it to the astronomy community and the IAU?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

Absolutely not! PX is inbound and around the orbit of Venus and can be seen regularly at sunrise or sunset. I've been watching it and documenting the progress of the object at two oclock.

Nemesis is the perturber of planets in the outer reaches of the solar system, this maybe where your confusion lies? PX actually orbits between Nemesis and our Sun.

What mostly caught my attention is the further creep towards the announcement of Px, 'discoveries' like this are paving the way for this. Won't be long now..

I don't see much of your documenting with orbital calculations, images, mass and velocity calculations.....or anything else.

You haven't even bothered to update your clouds thread in several months.

I don't even think you believe this yourself any more

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

im pretty sure they already named it i saw a video on it last night while letting youtube run in the back round,
they named it ERIS i believe, after a god of destruction.

Eris was discovered in 2003, and is almost the same size as Pluto. This is a completely different object, and much smaller than both of them.

With respect to the comment about this object's orbit possibly being more evidence of a large planet way beyond Neptune, I would say not. The aphelion is around 120AU, which is no more than half the calculated perihelion distance of the hypothetical "Planet 9" (around 250AU), and therefore not really close enough for a connection to be made. Even more significantly, the perihelion of 2015 RR245 is roughly 34AU from the Sun, which means that it is well within range of Neptune's gravitational dominion. In other words, the current orbit of 2015 RR245 has almost certainly been the result of gravitational perturbations by Neptune rather than "Planet 9".
edit on 13-7-2016 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2016 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join