It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.B. Cooper: Case Closed? - History Channel 2-part investigative series - Part 2 airs 11Jul2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Part 1 of the series aired last night & is about 1.5 hrs in duration. Part 2 airs tonight, Monday July 11th.

D.B. Cooper is obviously the only skyjacker case to go unsolved. In short, he boarded a Northwest flight (727) in 1971 and demanded $200k & 4 parachutes; after having he demands met, the flight took off for Reno and mid-flight he jumped, never to be seen or heard from again.

In come two investigative journalists, Tom Colbert & Jim Forbes, who present their case to History Channel (via a former FBI agent and investigative journalist and crime author) for who they believe is D.B. Cooper. This is all done in hopes that the FBI will hear their case/evidence.

I've watched part 1 twice and find it very intriguing & believe anyone interested in this cold case would be interested.

Trailer:

Part 1 @ HistoryChannel.com

What followed this show on the History Channel was an hour long show "Brad Meltzer's Decoded - D.B. Cooper"; which was also captivating. They build a very good case for who they believe the actual D.B. Cooper to be based on a book authored by Robert Blevins. It's also well worth a watch but first aired in 2011.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I have part 1 on my hard drive at the moment. Glad we don't have to wait long for part 2. Looks interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

It is! Part 1 airs right before part 2 tonight if you've got 4 straight hours to burn

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I been hearing this and that tale about DB cooper since he did it.

Four hours of rehash with five minutes at the end concluding... No-one really knows, the truth is out there.

Someone cut to the chase...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

lol

I'll be back to 'cut to the chase' after 10pm CST...

just for you buddy!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Rackstraw is my new hero.

Not that I condone air piracy.

edit on 11-7-2016 by angus1745 because: edit to add disclaimer

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Alright, so I actually dont dig the Rackstraw angle (although I admit it is possible he's the guy). Almost all their evidence is circumstantial.

I thought Brad Meltzer's theory and suspect (from 2011) was much more likely based on what they discovered at his old home and with his brother, and his work history with Northwest.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Always an interesting case. I remember when they actually found some of the money (like 5 grand) in the woods (serial numbers matched).

My guess is DB went to go live in a tropical location way away from the heat of the case, immediately after the deed. It would explain why the other serial numbers didn't turn up. Foreign circulation.

new topics

top topics

join