It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS JUL 8 2016, 1:31 AM ET 11 Dallas Officers Shot, 4 Dead in Shooting as Protest Ended

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Eleven Dallas law enforcement officers were shot, four fatally, on Thursday by what is believed to be two snipers who opened fire during a demonstration downtown over recent police shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana, the Dallas police chief said.

BREAKING NEWS JUL 8 2016, 1:31 AM ET 11 Dallas Officers Shot, 4 Dead in Shooting as Protest Ended

It had been a peaceful protest - and as it ended, two snipers with high powered rifles opened fire on the police. Current count is 4 dead, 11 wounded.

Some of my Facebook friends were at the rally. They're safe (and at this moment, one is still "sheltering in place" at the Omni hotel.

(edited to add that the rally was downtown Dallas, in a fairly upscale area of the downtown area.)

Update: apparently a 5th officer has died. www.theweek.com...
edit on 8-7-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

More from the same article

The snipers fired from an elevated positions on police officers minutes before 9 p.m. CT, according to Dallas Police Chief David Brown. He described the shootings as "ambush style." "We believe that these suspects were positioning themselves in a way to triangulate on these officers from two different perches in garages in the downtown area, and planned to injure and kill as many law enforcement officers as they could," Brown said at a news conference — noting that some were shot in the back.

This was running on a live feed for awhile.

They have captured one of the snipers and questioned a man who showed up at the rally with a rifle (unloaded)
blackburnnews.com...

BBC has additional photos, showing how diverse the crowd was at the protest:
www.bbc.com...

This culture of violence is dragging us all under.
edit on 8-7-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Bro, youre like 5 hours late...

edit on 8-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The fact they state two snipers is quite telling, it at least means it was a coordinated attack.. That is a totally different kettle of fish to a loan gunmen situation.

RA

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

'Believed to be' is not the same as the truth. But I am not surprised. People reached their breaking point some time ago.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Bro, youre like 5 hours late...

It is still breaking news in the last hour. 5 hours? NOOO

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
these criminals should be executed in public.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The shooters appear to have bought into the idea that two wrongs make a right.

It would be fitting if these fools thought that their actions would change anything for the better, or even the score, when all this sort of thing will end up causing is a more heavily armed and armoured police force, not a less militarised one. It will not create a situation where both citizen and agent of the law can relax. It will fan the paranoia, hatred, and pig ignorance which are the common drivers for the sort of events which see innocent civilians shot dead on the spot.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: lorimccaskell
these criminals should be executed in public.

Which ones? Think about that carefully. The next miastake by police could be you.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It would be fitting if these fools thought that their actions would change anything for the better, or even the score, when all this sort of thing will end up causing is a more heavily armed and armoured police force, not a less militarised one. It will not create a situation where both citizen and agent of the law can relax. It will fan the paranoia, hatred, and pig ignorance which are the common drivers for the sort of events which see innocent civilians shot dead on the spot.

Police where you live do not do what has happened in the last couple of days. It never ends here.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lorimccaskell

They will be executed without a doubt, and rightfully so.

EDIT: I generally stand against the death penalty, but this just gave reason to it.
edit on 8-7-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Dang TPTB are pulling that race war card quick!

They have been building up to this for years and as soon as their puppet began to get exposed we see this.

How ironic they chose Dallas to up the ante, it is about to get real

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amFriday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

No they do not.

Or at least, they do not do the same things, in the same situations. They cannot, most of them not being firearms qualified.

It's also worth pointing out that they still go over the top. Pulling disabled protesters out of their wheel chairs, pushing bystanders to the ground without regard for their health, mistreating the mentally ill when in custody. These things can lead to deaths. It's true, there has not been a case of a British police officer straight up executing an individual in my memory, although there was that fellow who got chased through London, and got seven rounds to the skull at point blank range, despite being unarmed. He just didn't know the language, did not understand that the plainclothes officers were police men, and so did not stop when ordered. Some might say that the incident qualifies as an execution, a murder. That was a while ago though, during the flap about terror attacks.

Power must be carefully monitored, regulated, no one must find themselves above the law, no one more or less prone to be convicted, save by the nature of their behaviour. A policeman who has done wrong must be held to full account. An innocent person must never find themselves abused by the system. These things hold true on all sides of every divide, political or geographical.

edit on 8-7-2016 by TrueBrit because: Added detail

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
These sniper(s) must have thought:

Hey, killing these cops means their co-workers will be less jumpy and "racist" when it comes to stopping black people! How could this ever go wrong?

Seriously, it sickens me to think that in a free country which announces itself the title "Greatest country on earth" like its a cheap slogan (yes, I still see Americans using that jibberish from time to time) to know that these sort of cr*p happens. I will never understand America

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
rather than the uprising i imagine they thought they may be instigating, this will only further the police agenda and allow more power vested to them, perhaps the true intention behind the assailants motivations. we will no doubt hear about their troubled pasts in the wake of this, im left to wonder if they were targeted themselves and influenced by a timely guiding hand for that very reason
edit on 8-7-2016 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Wow! You know the shooters?!?!?!? You know what their thoughts and motivations are??!?!?!? You have, no doubt contacted the Dallas police and the FBI and provided your information, right? Because, you know, withholding that evidence would be illegal, doncha know?

People really need to stop jumping to conclusions, and your inside information would really contribute to world peace.

Look here; just because you can move your fingers over the keyboard and breathe at the same time does not make you qualified to pronounce motivations for perpetrators, and doing so just makes you look more stupid than you probably are.

The police have 3 or 4 persons of interest in custody and another holed up in a parking garage still exchanging fire and not talking (as I type this). NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR MOTIVATIONS, least of all you.

Get a grip people.
edit on 8/7/2016 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Just found a video of one of the cops being killed on camera! Looks like the cop was killed by a highly trained pro, notice the killer shoots the wall to distract the cop (also notice the red laser sight on the wall before firing)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
More on the situation. There's still someone holed up in the garage; three arrests have been made. The shooter in the garage is (according to news story) saying something about "the end is near."

(link)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Are you familiar with the concept of logical analysis?

Are you familiar with the importance of victimology in criminal behaviour? Has the timing of this event escaped your notice?

The presence of a large crowd in the picture, shows that if the shooters had wanted to, they could have taken huge numbers of lives, but rather than going for sheer quantity, they have chosen specific targets, the police force. An assault on the police force strongly suggests a vendetta against the police force itself, rather than a general loathing of, or wish to cause harm to human life for the sake of it. The timing of events, that this was carried out at a protest over a police shooting, on balance of probability, is probative at the very least, suggests strongly that this was an attack in response to the shootings themselves, to the whole issue of police shooting unarmed or cuffed individuals.

In short, my statement above was not made without thought, but after careful consideration, pulling in all the factors at play. Location, timing, victimology, methodology. I may be wrong, but it will not be because I failed to do my best to puzzle this out.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What do you think about the killer in the video I posted above?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join