It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
1 dead.

3 injured.

Dart officers.
edit on 7-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm 56, have been around and seen some things. I've lived during 10 different presidents and their tenures but I must say I've never seen this much cultural divide (racial/religious/class/authority) and overall disrespect for life than under our current president. And here I thought a minority leader might have created a more unified dynamic. But it seems things have only gotten worse.

link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

"President Barack Obama on Thursday called for "a greater sense of urgency" in addressing racial disparity in policing following the controversial fatal police shootings of two black men in two days."

Source

And?

He also said this...

Obama stressed that law enforcement officers have a dangerous job, and the vast majority are doing a dangerous job well and without respect to race.

"To all of law enforcement, I want to be very clear: We know you have a tough job. We mourn those in uniform who are protecting us, who lose their lives," Obama said.

Obama said improving relationships between police departments and the communities they serve reduces crime and helps protect officers' lives.

"When people say 'black lives matter,' that doesn't mean blue lives don't matter. It just means all lives matter, but right now the big concern is the fact that data shows black folks are more vulnerable to these kinds of incidents," Obama said.

link   
1 DART officer killed.
3 DART officers wounded---non-life threatening.
edit on 7-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

link   
one officer killed.

link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
i dont mean to be insensitive, but am i surprised that a cop should get shot in america....no

1 died, confirmed.

DTA cop.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

the various social media clips tipped me over. just pure terror and pandemonium. among people of all ages and back grounds. people who just wanted their country to be better.

link   
1 officer confirmed dead now.

R.I.P.

link   
DART has confirmed 4 of their officers were shot, 1 dead. DPD not confirmed yet.

Edit - To clarify, DART is Dallas Area Rapid Transit, DPD is Dallas Police Department.
edit on 7-7-2016 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So basically the officers who were shot were not regular cops, beat cops, but DART cops used to watching over things like the buses. No wonder they didn't look all that organized to begin with. This isn't their operational purview.

I feel for the family of the one who didn't make it. At least it was only one and not all of them.

link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
I live in North Dallas about 20 minutes from the shooting... just heard a gunshot in my neighborhood.

People are getting riled up.

Be safe! Would hate to see this unrest be what leads to all that martial law stuff. With protests popping up all over and this... I think planning for possibilities of such would be time well spent.

link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I'm 56, have been around and seen some things. I've lived during 10 different presidents and their tenures but I must say I've never seen this much cultural divide (racial/religious/class/authority) and overall disrespect for life than under our current president. And here I thought a minority leader might have created a more unified dynamic. But it seems things have only gotten worse.

Peoples' true colors came out. Not exactly a shock is it?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Arrest now live!

Edit: Guy in crowd with bodyarmour. Not sure about the connection but body armour?

edit on 7-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There were a lot of shots heard in the eyewitness videos. Did yall see/hear the videos? Were those semi-auto or fully??

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
police taking away guy in camo

link   
The only people in danger at the moment in Dallas.

Are the COPS.

Shepard.

link   
a reply to: six67seven

More than one shooter I think. So it would be hard to tell.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So basically the officers who were shot were not regular cops, beat cops, but DART cops used to watching over things like the buses. No wonder they didn't look all that organized to begin with. This isn't their operational purview.

I feel for the family of the one who didn't make it. At least it was only one and not all of them.

So far the local news is saying on DART and one DPD and one unknown. Fox reporting six shot and one one officer dead.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

originally posted by: starfoxxx
id love to say karmas a bitch but only more cops are going to keep getting killed if they keep
killing innocent people. what goes around comes back around sad mad world

What an ignorant thing to post. So cops that have nothing to do with those incidents should die for " Karma"? Can we apply this to all groups? If a woman kills somebody can we have open season on women? Men? Whites? Blacks? Whatever? really?

im not saying its right. your mistaking my comment.

what do they think is going to happen when they keep letting their officers kill innocent people..

You can't know if they're innocent or not without a case. In court.

Kind of hard to do that when they're dead.

See the white kid shot at on the ground after being stopped for speeding? Same thing.

Obama is right, it's not just a black problem. It's a We-Live-In-A-Police-State thing. If you can't remember what it was like 17 years ago, or, God forbid, the 90's, you'd make the easy comparison and conclude the same, I'd hope.

Maybe I'm bringing sand to the beach. Maybe you already agree.

Still, despite all that, shooting cops makes you a terrorist gang. BLM-Caliphate, please meet Mr. JAMES Comey. He's been your best friend because any other competent jerk would have sacked them as a hate group and dealt with properly.

We can't have shootings on EITHER side.

Either one.

Wanna bet the UN has something to say about this soon?

Whose troops would disarm us? Ourselves?

I'm rambling. It's a fascinating story.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
1 dead.

3 injured.

Dart officers.

No. Not all DART.

That's just for the record, not to diss you. Varying networks reporting different things.
edit on 7/7/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join