It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family declares war on off-duty cop in road rage shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

At the very least, the officer gets his day in court....

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Annee
Just one question.

Do we have at least 2 sides to this story?

What fun would that be... Just go Ferguson on he said she said.....

You better have some damn good proof before you go all vigilante on cops or anyone else.

I'm beginning to think LEO should be given more power back, instead of less.

I am no pacifist. I want Law and Order.

Indeed. If it was not for our police we would be like the Middle east. Suicide bomb on every corner. People need to be very careful what they ask for. Not to say there is bad cops or cops that lack proper judgment. But what high stress job has a perfect workforce?

SHOCK! An insightful, logical mind.

Of course there are bad cops, but most of them aren't. I come from an era where you respected cops. I miss it.

Many from my generation talk about that time a cop (or person of authority) took them aside and scared the crap out of them. And how much they appreciate that they did.

I am no liberal when it comes to disrespect for law.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Boadicea

I am not in any way, shape or form condoning such vengeance.

I am.

Me too.

And I'll add "it's about damn time".

In light of what is currently happening, I have to say I said this in haste and with emotion and have to change my mind.

PLEASE people let's keep it civil and not shoot cops indiscriminately. .........most of them are GOOD people!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
Since when is defending yourself against an assailant acting above the law?

When the person defending themselves is a cop. Well so some people apparently think!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

what would your mother think

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

So an off duty officer is attacked by a thug and it's the officers fault?? What is wrong with you people this is beyond stupidity when you guys defend the felon because the guy he was attacking happened to be a police officer. People are buying into a myth not all officers are bad on fact very few. These people pit there lives on the line to try to keep the public safe and we have a holes in this thread talking about killing cops.

All Ill say to this is let us hope the day doesn't come where you need the police as someone decides to start beating you senseless in your car. And let's remember blue lives matter shall we. These people are humans too.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Not to say there is bad cops or cops that lack proper judgment. But what high stress job has a perfect workforce?

When they have a huge amount of authority, can ruin your life or kill you with a single lie, back each other up when they know they're lying, and have corrupted the few checks and balances that were intended to keep them in line, then every imperfection is a threat to order.

Them 'thin blue lining' every time one of them #s up doesn't help. They need an oversight agency that is motivated to catch the bad ones, instead of the other way. Given sufficient oversight and a lot of very draconian negative feedback, the 'imperfect' ones would depart.

The system is set up to prevent that, however. So, mistrust and anger.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

edit on 8-7-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Nothing but air and opportunity

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Human nature.

In an ideal world, policing would be done by holding injustice in contempt, rather than people. Because humans like to classify and lump people into groups, all too often you get someone on the lower half of the IQ scale making poor connections then trusting those broad brushes they've built to the point of beliving that "that type of guy" must deserve whatever ill befalls him.

We like to rationalize and justify to support our ego's, so when we do something terrible to someone else its not because we did something bad. Its because they somehow deserved it. Even the most reprehensible people will extol their own virtues, and claim access to the keys to the pearly gates.

So then you take some humans, with these tendencies, and give them authority over others. No matter how bad they treat you, it becomes justified. Then you get a structure in place that, soon enough, becomes nothing more than a crutch for the egos that need self validation of their virtues. They do it in DC. They do it on your police force. They do it in the military. They do it in the boardroom. Probably in your bosses office, too (although, most of us don't have bosses that are allowed to kill us).

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: imsoconfused

At the very least, the officer gets his day in court....

That is the very least.

Its when you have internal investigations that clear wrongdoing that there is an issue.

But a day in court, to face The People, really is what the majority of people want. Right now, we are seeing this sentiment ripple across the entire nation, and not just in minority communities. The Hillary thing has an entire political movement kind of feeling the same: there is no justice to be had, the power structure is above our law. We just want them to have their day in court.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But a day in court, to face The People, really is what the majority of people want

that's what they want, but when they are found not guilty with facts that are presented, they piss and moan about that.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks for the very thoughtful reply.... and being so decent about it given the frustration I sensed! Nevertheless, you proved yourself a scholar and a gentleman, and I appreciate that extra much. For what it's worth, I promise my heart and intentions are in the right place, though even I know I need much schooling to understand all the whys and wherefores.

I was working on answering when I got the call about my mom yesterday, and I'll get back to it as soon as I can...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
a reply to: Autorico

Thanks, my friends. I appreciate the good thoughts

Mom is doing good, and will hopefully be able to go home today after they run a couple more tests. It wasn't her heart; just an inner ear infection and dehydration. A big relief -- as you can imagine!

Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Indeed. If it was not for our police we would be like the Middle east. Suicide bomb on every corner. People need to be very careful what they ask for. Not to say there is bad cops or cops that lack proper judgment. But what high stress job has a perfect workforce?

Indeed. If it was not for citizen and judicial oversight, our police would be as corrupt as Mexico. Mordida on every corner -- and worse... much worse. People need to be very careful what they ask for. Not to say there are not good cops, or cops with proper judgment....

Too frickin easy.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

Bless your heart. Sometimes what we think in theory we find out isn't so true in practice. Everyone makes mistakes, but what says the most about us is what we do when we realize our mistake. And you rocked it. You have my respect and kudos... and my gratefulness, for giving my heart hope that we can all do better.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No worries, I was busy shortly after you left anyway. Family first, glad she's doing well.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So an off duty officer is attacked by a thug and it's the officers fault??

Yeah, about that...
Video surfaces of NYPD cop’s road-rage shooting
This is the New York Post, too. Not the most 'liberal' of papers.

An off-duty NYPD cop waited just one second before ­fatally gunning down another driver in a Brooklyn road-rage incident early Monday.

Exclusive video obtained by The Post shows the moment that Officer Wayne Isaacs fired two shots through his car window at Delrawn Small, who collapsed and died in the street.

The NYPD and the state Attorney General’s Office are investigating the shooting, which the victim’s family said was a clear case of excessive force.

The footage, from Atlantic Avenue and Bradford Street in East New York just after midnight, shows Small, 37, cross two lanes of traffic to reach Isaacs’ car.
Delrawn SmallPhoto: Facebook

He barely has time to look the cop in the eye or even utter a word before Isaacs opens fire, causing him to stagger back.

So much for the attacking him through the window claim...

Yeah, the NY Post reported the guy was attacking the off-duty cop through the window, alleging this was captured on video.
This, however, actually has a video. Pretty grainy, but viewer discretion advised.
A second or less after approaching the vehicle and he was shot and dying.
edit on 23Sat, 09 Jul 2016 23:48:29 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Yep I stand corrected. I was vehemently in support of the officer but I'll eat my words. Looks like everyone was telling a different story than what the video showed.

I've had a guy come up to my car in more of a fit than he appeared to be and nobody got shot. I'm thinking the officer COULD have rolled up his window and drove away.

edit on 9-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Yeah. It's possible that he could have thrown a punch, perhaps... but it begins and ends so fast.

The video isn't sped up as you can see normal movement by other objects and people, so it's extremely quick. There absolutely wasn't a struggle, and I doubt there was time to repeatedly pummel the officer in the face as some previous reports claimed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join