It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, humans will never achieve interstellar travel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: Rezlooper

No, this cyborg future is a 1960s technofantasy some overgrown children still cling to.

Interstellar travel by humans is impossible for physical reasons. Hard radiation, blue shift, relativistic mass effects and much more.

Overgrown children with a lot of money, like Bill Gates..
FTL breaks a few laws, for one there's no 'mass' to speak of so relativity isn't a problem, as for radiation i guess they found a way round that as well.Physical radiation is just that, physical ie moving particles which have mass & are therefore still 'inside' the system, massless particles & EM radiation present more of a problem.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

FTL breaks a few laws, for one there's no 'mass' to speak of so relativity isn't a problem

What do you mean, there’s no mass to speak of? Do you imagine that particles travelling faster than light would be massless?

as for radiation i guess they found a way round that as well.

They found a way round a torrent of ordinary photons blueshifted into high-energy gamma particles impacting the ship and astronauts?

I don’t believe you know what you are talking about.

edit on 9/7/16 by Astyanax because: of blue shift.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

From my understanding blue shift would only become a problem when you get really close to c, like 99%.

Before that you have to deal with interstellar gas, which acts as hard radiation even at low relativistic speeds. So you'll need some serious/clever front shielding. A combined material and magnetic shielding system maybe.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

FTL breaks a few laws, for one there's no 'mass' to speak of so relativity isn't a problem

What do you mean, there’s no mass to speak of? Do you imagine that particles travelling faster than light would be massless?

More or less, the atom's ability to have mass depends on the separation between nucleus & it's orbiting electrons, if you push electrons out of their orbit the nucleus follows trying to seek the centre, well theres spin involved but basically thats what inertia is. Gravity is proportianal to the amount of electric stress on the atom, that was proved in the 20's BTW there are 3 systems; chargeless mass, charged mass, and massless charge. Basically anything in the field has no mass hence no inerta hence no Lorentz contraction or all that other relativity BS

as for radiation i guess they found a way round that as well.

They found a way round a torrent of ordinary photons blueshifted into high-energy gamma particles impacting the ship and astronauts?

Yes, easily.

I don’t believe you know what you are talking about.

That's your opinion, you are entitled to it.
Ah the gas, well that's pushed aside by the dense electrostatic field, same way they can do mach 15 in Earth's atmosphere, try to outrun an electric charge, you can't.(no i'm not talking the incredibly slow electron flow we know as 'electrickery' ) Look up Charge [Q] in Wiki & also Dimensional Analysis...if they still teach it, the thugs over there are deleting all the good stuff so count Wiki as compromised...charge still hasnt been defined & may even be a dimension in itself..the academic world is split on this i assure you, but most of them tend to follow the 'party line' or they would be unemployed tomorrow.
edit on 10-7-2016 by playswithmachines because: Semantics

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

From my understanding blue shift would only become a problem when you get really close to c, like 99%.

Before that you have to deal with interstellar gas, which acts as hard radiation even at low relativistic speeds. So you'll need some serious/clever front shielding. A combined material and magnetic shielding system maybe.

Well you wouldn't hang around at 99% would you, if you can jump from (almost) 0 to 1.5 C then you would only be exposed to Gamma for a billionth of a second.
Yes a very dense EM field would move the gas aside long before it reaches the hull at 'low' speeds, heck even WE are using that tech on the B3.....

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Let me spell this out, we have had these ships for some time, i have the Lazar model, the Flux-Liner model, and several others on record, there are many ways of reaching the stars just as there are many ways of making electrons flow, or electrickery as you will. We don't even understand that most basic particle & why it never stops spinning, absorbs & releases 'charge'...we understand none of this. Some mathematical models are very close.....
Some of these ships are very old, dented scratched, painted in lead/graphite paint to keep the UV to a minimum, if you see that it's one of ours, be very scared at that point, run the other way.

But hey what do i know? i just build stuff, i didn't design it. But some of the things i have built defy imagination.
Engineers are the peeps who have to make reality from what some fruitcake designed, i am pretty good at my job I.E. interpreting fruitcakes & how they would see this working.

Some stuff works, a lot doesn't, but i can assure you of 2 things: 1 We don't know very much at all 'en publique', and 2) the black projects/breakaways are AT LEAST 50-100 years ahead of us, and that's 50 years ahead of average joe remember that.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Shed our skin.

Why not?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese
'we' have a programme to catch up, we have a sociological impact plan & many others, but first we need that true free energy/antigravity breakthrough, and we are close, so close.......

With free energy, all economies are down, all banks will fail...as they must do in the end, this 'financial' terror grip on our society & technology must end!
Rant over, i feel better now, i took the pills they gave me.....

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

the atom's ability to have mass depends on the separation between nucleus & it's orbiting electrons

Wrong. It depends — perhaps — of the binding energy of the nuclear quarks.

Gravity is proportianal to the amount of electric stress on the atom

Electric-universe fantasy, not science.

BTW there are 3 systems; chargeless mass, charged mass, and massless charge.

Give us an example of a massless charge, do.

no Lorentz contraction or all that other relativity BS

So, an electric-universe believer who sneers at Relativity.

Your ‘science’ is just made-up nonsense.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The author is an idiot. He has been living in a cave of some sort. We will never achieve when the gov continues to hide technology and corporations who are not space travel innovative takeover such as Apple. Also when America destroys BRIC nations causing global destruction.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Ah, my science is based on observation, experimentation, and a lot of reading. No i don't believe in the (fairly new concept) Electric universe theory, most of it is BS from peeps who have no science backround at all.

However, we don't understand a single thing about electricity, sub-atomic particles etc and that's why we do not understand gravity. After all, the whole Higgs experiment was to find that Magic Particle which gives mass mass.

Did they find it?

The massless charge principle is not easy to explain, almost impossible to measure since it's very interaction with mass is the way we would measure it. All our instruments are electronic, meaning the movement of electrons, small particles pertaining to have mass, make the measurement possible.
Similar rules apply to gravity, the reason they haven't found a grav wave is because they are going about it all wrong, see Podkletnov et al. Gravity waves can easily be detected because they will stress certain dielectrics enough for a change in resistance to be seen. Transmitting gravity waves is the reverse of this, but is more useful as a covert comms device than anything to do with 'anti' gravity per se.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join