It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Corporation: Making Evil Look Good?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I have no desire to make more of the Disney thing than is accurate.

I believe there's some amount of 'fire' there given the abundance of 'smoke.'

I've participated in 100's of exorcisms . . . there are lots of seemingly innocuous ways of getting deeper and deeper into the occult.

Time will tell what was objectively true about the Disney stuff.

Just watching from the distance I've maintained (not a great fan of most movies period), there appears to be an escalating evil and occultic content the last 20 years or more. That's just obvious.

And I don't consider ANY increase in demonic or occultic stuff to be the least bit innocent or innocuous.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: DeadFoot

Ursula is quite obviously a metaphor for the Jewish International Banking Cartel ... geez.

It's like you're not even trying to understand here ... /s.

No, that's Ariel. Didn't you hear her?

Look at all that stuff! AND SHE STILL WANTS MORE?!

How are people buying that this Rothschild elitist is a protagonist???

The children are doomed to satanism.

Good point.

Although I had always personally associated Ariel with Enki and the Annunaki and the Super Secret Masters of All That Is™.

I'm confused though ... does this mean that The Prince of Egypt is also Satanic?

Is THE GREAT I AM (Ego) really just a metaphor for the Prince of Darkness? (Egypt---> Khem ---> The Black Land)???

The Prince of the Dark Land? Eek?

(Tolkien was a Christian too ... it's all so clear now.)

edit on 6-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Perhaps you could take some courses to tweak up your discrimination skills to better sort things that you now consider similar but which, are, in fact, QUITE DIFFERENT.

I don't think I have the capacity to help you on that score with this subject.

Perhaps you should remember that your rather insipid opinion of me is not your topic here, and as another reminder, I couldn't care less what you think about "me" and I am certain you wouldn't care to hear about my opinion of "you."

Your article is crying about fantastical elements in Disney productions, which are just as present (if not more so) in your Holy Bible.

If you are to deny the one you'd have to deny the other. At least, if you're maintaining any logical consistency.

The fact that you perceive a difference between the fairy tales you believe in and those you don't speaks to your own limitations and ignorance, not mine.
edit on 6-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Don't get me started on the Lion King, geeze!

Pumba and Timon had to be gay.

If you want something dark, see Snow White and the Huntsman movies.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

If you think Disney is the culprit, you must not be very aware of the abundance of Teen Fiction and Childrens Books touching on some very intensive thematics and situations. Not to mention the more "popular shows" on television...Lucifer, Supernatural, all the kids are going gaga over it, it's a huge market, and kids today are absolutely crazy for it. Some of the more bloodier vampire novels are dripping all over the shelves in teen and adult fiction.

Makes the uproar about "Harry Potter Witchcraft" seem hilarious (which it is).

I frequent a bookstore on the regular, and a woman was in there a few years ago asking if "50 Shades of Grey" was appropriate for a 13 year old girl. Everyone on staff told her "hell no" but that Mom was "so sure" of her daughters ability to handle that level of sexual maturity she bought the damn book anyway.

But no, some parents have a different idea entirely about "how to raise their own".

It's a sick sad world and introducing a sugar coated and completely b.s. "fantasy" about SMBD for the inexperienced teenager is a hell of a lot more dangerous than a *gasp and horror* "phallic symbol" on the Little Mermaid DVD Cover. A Disney fascination of non-altered fan art (ugh Walt would lose his proverbials over some of the stuff some artists are putting out these days of their characters, he'd sue them into oblivion on pure principle) is a lot less worrisome than a teen running out and hooking up with a con artist who will tie her up and leave her in a dumpster or a shallow grave afterwards.

Like I said before....if this is all the Horror people are worried about, don't buy the Disney brand, don't let your kids watch it, but don't you DARE try to tell me it's the worst thing going on out there. Violence, sexual debauchery and sexting is rampant, but parents don't want to parent and cut their kids off from these open gateways to the internet and all the true trash out there.

Seriously.
Going after Disney is VERY VERY naive.

There is much worse, but hey - let's attack Disney because Malefacent had freaking horns....Ariel's castle has a wee-wee....someone thought Aladin said "something dirty".

I mean, really?
REALLY?

Gods, what I would GIVE to be that innocent!

Is there a growing fascination out there with heavy occultic and dark imagery?
Oh hell yes.
Not denying that in the slightest.

But Disney?
Disney is the LEAST of our worries.

Sorry to be so blunt, but this just grinds my gears with the level of "worry" over cartoons....BAN ALL BOOKS...KILL YOUR TELEVISION.

Seriously, as a Christian, either you have Faith in God or ya don't.
Teach your kids people. No one else is gonna do it "your way".

Even the Bible itself makes no short end of bloodshed, genocide, child murder and so forth. We don't have our heads in the sand, we're just worried about things out there we can't stop....the Bible even foretold this surge yet everyone acts as if it's a "sudden new thing". Come on. Don your Armour and stay away from that stuff if it offends, don't freaking DWELL on it. It serves no purpose. Face the Light and Shadows fall behind.

End of story.
It's a sick sad world.

edit on 7/6/16 by GENERAL EYES because: edits seem to be my thing tonight...sorry about that

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Disney is a propaganda tool nothing more.

The goal is it to dumb down the masses.

It doesn't stop at Disney next stop is MTV and friends....

After that one doesn't question MSM/hollywood anymore.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
What's really evil about Disney is how they've manipulated copyright law/intellectual property law with that damn Steamboat Willy cartoon.

For this reason, Disney has done everything in its power to make sure it retains the copyright on Mickey -- even if that means changing federal statutes. Every time Mickey’s copyright is about to expire, Disney spends millions lobbying Congress for extensions, and trading campaign contributions for legislative support. With crushing legal force, they’ve squelched anyone who attempts to disagree with them.

That's right...and they're lobbying to change laws not just for themselves...

Mickey Mouse was brought into the world in 1928, under the 1909 Copyright Act, entitling him to 56 years of protection under the law -- no more. In accordance with the law, his copyright was set to expire in 1984.

As this date drew near, Disney (the corporation) grew increasingly anxious. By this time, Mickey was worth billions in annual revenue, and had become the face of the company; losing him to the public domain would be a massive financial blow. Quietly, Disney took to Washington and began lobbying Congress for new copyright legislation.

They keep on getting intellectual property laws extended and changed. Just for Mickey, but it still applies to others..

In 1997, Congress introduced the Copyright Term Extension Act, which proposed to extend corporate copyrights again -- this time, from 75 to 95 years. To ensure the bill passed, Disney cozied up to legislators.

And again:

On October 27, 1998, Mickey Mouse’s copyright was extended another 20 years, to 2023.

How Mickey Mouse Evades the Public Domain

And so things like the X-Men would now be public domain if it wasn't for Mickey *ahem* Steamboat Willy. Imagine being able to use Wolverine in a movie you wanted to make.

Back in the day, you were only granted so many years to squeeze every drop of profit out of your intellectual property, but thanks to Disney, your intellectual property is practically immortal.

Independent studios can't take elements and do spin offs and go in new, creative directions with characters from long ago. . .

Just goes to show you, if you have lots of cash, you can make the laws.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Don't get me started on the Lion King, geeze!

Pumba and Timon had to be gay.

They always liked the little cream-filled ones...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Huh, never knew that.

So that's the whole crap behind why Marvel can't do a legitimate crossover to make the X-men series make sense.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

WHERE did I say or imply that I thought Disney was the worst?

Not by a long shot.

I essentially agree with a lot of your points.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I think you make several good points.

However . . . a propaganda tool

to what ends?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Absolutely indeed.

I think it's mostly reasonable for a copyright to extend for the life of the creator.

I don't know about how much for his kids. They should be well able to live off the wealth of Dad . . . though that brings its own problems.

The oligarchy wants to do away with all inheritance. Thankfully, I think, if, they get that far, it would only last a rather short number of years.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well we look this world and its history to this day and we can see so much brutality and sort that we can call it evil, its so much that when we look our entertainment and other things as well, we see the path in there too, its like a cake but made of worms and put cream over it so it looks good.
IMHO we should teach kids about truth of this world, make em real educated about whole world and not just boxed in nation pride but for once lets teach em about humanity, its quite obvious todays ppl arent ready for peace, it has to be instruct to our children so they can understood its true value and then they would know how to finally achieve it.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

I certainly think teaching children about the realities of life is a high priority.

I'm skeptical that teaching about peace will achieve a lot.

I knew one of the main UN blokes trying to get the USA to come up with a DEPT OF PEACE. I thought he was an idiot who was very blind to a host of realities.

I do not think there will be any serious hint of an honorable functional peace until the Prince of Peace returns.

Certainly the Religion of Bloody Pieces will not give us peace unless everyone joins it.

And, I don't think it's very likely that peace will reign very significantly, comprehensively, functionally

unless and until PEACE REIGNS IN THE HEARTS OF AT LEAST A HUGE MAJORITY OF INDIVIDUALS.

And THAT'S not going to happen when all our hearts are "deceitfully wicked, who can know them."

I used to marvel in the 70's at the peaceniks. They were some of the least peaceful etc. folks one might meet. They could be very narrow, rigid, brittle, hostile etc. within minutes of chanting and waving banners about peace.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
I actually thought the simple boat ride through IT'S A SMALL SMALL WORLD was creepy. And I certainly saw it as the globalist propaganda it was and is.

There's a sort of Stephen King-ian atmosphere in the SSW exhibit. I keep expecting the little dolls to whup out little rifles and start shooting, or knives.

I knew a guy who had alternate words to the thing he used to sing under his breath when we were visiting people from exotic distant lands, one verse was something like -

It's a world of hunger, a world of pain
Once you're gone you'll never be back again.
First you're born, and you cry,
Life's a bitch, then you die
It's a cold, hard, world.
edit on 6-7-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I will keep this in when I make my yearly visit to the Epcot food and wine festival. I will make sure I watch out for the evil of the Duck Confit with Creamy Polenta and Fire-Roasted Salsa or the darkness of Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Onions, Avocado, and Cilantro. I will also take notice as I sample the large variety of beers if satan was the one who brewed them.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
I knew a guy who had alternate words to the thing he used to sing under his breath...

Did your 'friend' make up any other lyrics besides these?

On topic, Disney owns my soul now that they purchased the Star Wars franchise. Ask me if I care...

edit on 6-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I will also take notice as I sample the large variety of beers if satan was the one who brewed them.

He probably did:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I will keep this in when I make my yearly visit to the Epcot food and wine festival. I will make sure I watch out for the evil of the Duck Confit with Creamy Polenta and Fire-Roasted Salsa or the darkness of Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Onions, Avocado, and Cilantro. I will also take notice as I sample the large variety of beers if satan was the one who brewed them.

I, myself, generally ditch the people I went there with and try to eat my way around the world of tomorrow.

eta:haven't been there for a long time, do they still have the Viking trough-and-brew exhibit?
edit on 6-7-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Did your 'friend' make up any other lyrics besides these?

"It's a cold, hard world" had a huge and ever-changing number of verses. Many of them scatological, most about being in the Army and working for commanding officers who were, according to the song, inbred, diseased and mentally challenged. And who were apparently having sex with the Agency mission planners.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join