It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God - Justice. Reality or misconception?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: vethumanbeing

You've created an awesome idol by which you aren't responsible for any of your own actions.

Yes; but the REAL Poster Boy STARS of this shrugging of Karma/responsibility are the Buddhists and Hindi's, I am just a modern Gnostic (totally engaged in telling the TRUTH).

You aren't telling the truth, you're an Antominian heretic who thinks whatever actions you do in the flesh will have no eternal consequences. And you deny Jesus came in the flesh, which is the spirit of Antichrist.

Nothing is new under the sun.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lassiecat
First off, Do you believe in a god?

Second, I noticed you have not been responding to any of the replies.

Are you just posting a bait thread then leaving?

edit on 1-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
originally posted by: NOTurTypicaloriginally posted by: vethumanbeing

NOTur: You've created an awesome idol by which you aren't responsible for any of your own actions.

vhb: Yes; but the REAL Poster Boy STARS of this shrugging of Karma/responsibility are the Buddhists and Hindi's, I am just a modern Gnostic (totally engaged in telling the TRUTH).

NOTur: You aren't telling the truth, you're an Antominian heretic who thinks whatever actions you do in the flesh will have no eternal consequences. And you deny Jesus came in the flesh, which is the spirit of Antichrist.

Antominian? There is no such word existing in the English language; closest to it would be antonomasia: 'the identification of a person by an epithet or appellative that is not the persons name'. HERETIC is a strong word and would have (if you accused me of being such; holding any political power/influence) could have potentially orchestrated my being put to death in 100-200 AD Rome. You are a questionable ident/personality. In the opposite manner of Caligula; You would put the Non-Christian Pagan to death in the Colloseum. I acknowledge the existence of "Christ Consciousness" and in such recognition do not deny Jesus's incarnation into the physical world. Nothing is new under the sun; as is in full illumination; what happens in darkness is another matter.
edit on 1-7-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

You've created an awesome idol by which you aren't responsible for any of your own actions.

Yes; but the REAL Poster Boy STARS of this shrugging of Karma/responsibility are the Buddhists and Hindi's, I am just a modern Gnostic (totally engaged in telling the TRUTH).

You aren't telling the truth, you're an Antominian heretic who thinks whatever actions you do in the flesh will have no eternal consequences. And you deny Jesus came in the flesh, which is the spirit of Antichrist.

dude... not all gnostics believed that Jesus wasn't a real person...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Really? So is a Gnostic person who rejects docetism like an apostate Gnostic?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

no...

Gnosticism wasn't a religion...They were "christian"... or at least part of the many competing sects of it as it was evolving in those days...

They were just writers that disagreed with the "church", and had a following... and had different beliefs then what the ruling class of "priests" believed

Valintinus was the guy that believed that Jesus was just a spirit, that didn't leave foot prints...

edit on 2-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Gnosticism existed before Jesus though, it's not something group that disagreed with the church. Christian Gnosticism is just trying to fit pre-existent Gnostic doctrines into the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Gnosticism existed before Jesus though, it's not something group that disagreed with the church. Christian Gnosticism is just trying to fit pre-existent Gnostic doctrines into the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.

Yeah but "Gnosticism" is Knowledge so to speak... its nothing but a label...

they did exactly that... they evolved though time... using old ideas with the new...

kinda sounds like christianity doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Sure, you could say evolved in the context of changing, but in regards to my faith I see a decline, not an evolution in a positive direction. Today is the Laodecian Church Age. The preaching of Hell, the cross, and the blood of Christ is virtually done away with in favor of a seeker-sensitive message and coffee and doughnuts in the welcome room. The pulpits care more about keeping people in the church so they can keep tithes up as much as possible rather than teaching the gospel because it offends people.

I guess the church is changing, but it's regressive evolution. The last days Church is a hot mess.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

lol holy crap!

Wait...

what was the topic again?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I'm mad I have to work today, I'm not even on the road, I'm doing spotter work at a fiberglass insulation factory my carrier has an account with. The normal guy here is on vacation.

Ruined my national Treason Day weekend.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Okay, thanks for the chuckle. Send that car to car hell, the wrecking yard. It shall be melted down into lawn furniture.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

If we exercise our free will outside of God's revealed will that's us bringing the pain and destruction. God doesn't bring it, it's a natural consequence of doing/being outside of His revealed will.

So to whom belong that part you say is "outside of his revealed will"?
I just say is all his thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Also, I don't understand the logic behind this statement:

He gave you the free will too. Thus, pain and damages should be his creations also.

Should free will result in pain and damage?

My idea behind is that the actor, the tool and his right to act freely with the tool are a creation of God, the outcome is logically a creation of God.

You missed to quote the sentence before, that's why it sounds human will - outcome relation only. It is not a simple as I explained now.
edit on 2-7-2016 by Lassiecat because: ...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
First off, Do you believe in a god?

Second, I noticed you have not been responding to any of the replies.

Are you just posting a bait thread then leaving?

Yes I am leaving.
Because I can

Then coming back and replying everyone in need...
Where's the problem?

I do believe in God and Good

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Then you have these smart weasel types who seem to know how to beat the "Karmic Lie Detector", Like Rumsfeld and Cheney, who make you wonder if Karma is just an illusion.

In their case they have no conscience to feel any guilt behind. Ol Cheney is "heartless".

Believe me they will get theirs. Life here is but an eye blink in eternity.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
God is all three.

Misconceived as unjust because of Bible literalists.

Just because he gives us life.

And real because we exist.

But!...Who IS God?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lassiecat

If we exercise our free will outside of God's revealed will that's us bringing the pain and destruction. God doesn't bring it, it's a natural consequence of doing/being outside of His revealed will.

God isn't the author of sin, and sin is doing the opposite of His will. We are responsible for what we do.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lassiecat

God isn't the author of sin, and sin is doing the opposite of His will. We are responsible for what we do.

Is sin evil?

Because in Isaiah God proclaimed himself as the cause of good AND evil.

If evil is caused by God then it follows sin is too. God invented the concept of sin with free will.
edit on 2-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join