It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were Jesus most important teachings?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CabablancaHizb

Who else LOVES Satan! What is the thing you LOVE most about him?

This sub forum is for conspiracies in religions. I fail to see how your OP is such.

MODS do you work ans slay this foul beast

edit on 28-6-2016 by defiythelie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CabablancaHizb
Blessed are the Poor in Spirit.

The road is narrow and FEWwill find it.

If anyone says they saw me in secret DO NOT believe them. For many will come in my name...

God is not afraid of sending a seemingly legitimate prophet to test the loyalty of his followers. Not even if it means he becomes a saint in the eyes of the disloyal or luke warm.

Because it has been an effective method throughout history in determining his true disciples from the fairweather followers.

And the doers of righteousness from the self justified despisers of deeds.

Should I conclude that this is your actual message?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Interesting side note:

The "eye of the needle" is actually referring to a lone door left open at night in the Temple for certain people that they only opened up enough so you had to crawl through it.

I just learned that the other day and it just makes so much more sense now because the camel would be hard to get in that door.

And now I understand why he would say something so random and strange (to us).

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

If anyone says they saw me in secret DO NOT believe them. For many will come in my name...

God is not afraid of sending a seemingly legitimate prophet to test the loyalty of his followers. Not even if it means he becomes a saint in the eyes of the disloyal or luke warm.

Because it has been an effective method throughout history in determining his true disciples from the fairweather followers.

Should I conclude that this is your actual message?

Should you not? It is actually a message and mine so if I were you I would have concluded that already.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

I did accidentally put it in the wrong section but I don't see how that makes me a lover of Satan.

Hell I don't even believe in the devil literally.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

Who else LOVES Satan! What is the thing you LOVE most about him?

This sub forum is for conspiracies in religions. I fail to see how your OP is such.

MODS do you work ans slay this foul beast

Are you alright? You have no reason to be hostile towards me or call me a beast and lover of Satan.

So what IS your malfunction?

Yeah, I made a mistake by putting it in the wrong section.

What is missing from your life that leaves room for this to be your problem that you involve yourself in such juvenile a fashion?

I would get busy finding it rather than picking on someone for making an honest mistake.
edit on 28-6-2016 by CabablancaHizb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

They were greatly astounded and said to one another, “Then who can be saved?” Jesus looked at them and said, “For mortals (Koine: 'anthropos' meaning humans or men) it is impossible, but not for God; for God all things are possible.” Mark 10:26.

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way (Koine: 'hodos' meaning "the way traveled"), and the truth (Koine: 'aletheia' meaning "what is true"), and the life (Koine: 'zoe' meaning "life"). No one (Koine: 'oudeis' meaning "no man") comes to the Father (Koine: 'pater' meaning "father") except through me. If you know me, you will know my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; but if you do not, then believe me because of the works themselves. Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater (Koine: 'meizon' meaning "greater") works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If in my name you ask me for anything, I will do it. John 14:5-14.

Once Jesus was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom (Koine: 'basileia' meaning the domain or territory under the royal power of of a King) of God was coming, and he answered, “The kingdom of God is not coming with things that can be observed (Koine: 'parateresis' meaning observation); nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among (Koine: 'entos' meaning within or inside) you". Luke 17: 20-21.

*All quotations are NRSV with Thayers Biblical Greek definitions added in parenthesis.

Oh, and the whole sermon on the Mount and, well, all Christ's words!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Hail Satan.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

What part?

Water to wine. physical impossibility.
edit on 28-6-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Ahh. Very clever. Other than quoting large segments and stating all of them, did you actually have a favorite teaching that you can be more specific in quoting?

For instance you could say the parable of the mustard seed or Believe and be Baptized.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Oh I was only joking when I said transmutation but you are correct it is impossible.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Ahh. Very clever. Other than quoting large segments and stating all of them, did you actually have a favorite teaching that you can be more specific in quoting?

For instance you could say the parable of the mustard seed or Believe and be Baptized.

It is Jesus saying the He is "the way, the truth and the life and that no-one comes to the Father except through Him".

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

I am not going to watch your little video and I can see you have enough problems so I am not going to pick on you either.

Just keep your chin up and tell Satan to flee, if that doesn't work "the Power of Christ compels you."

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

What part?

Nature seems to manage it (well, mainly water with a few trace elements, into wine).

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The Way indeed.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

In context, it is talking about those following the Law and the Prophets, saying that few will enter the gate or take the narrow way.

But since Jesus said "I am the way... " He could be meaning that few will find Him. He also says that none can come to the Father except through Jesus. So, putting them all together, you cannot assume that the Jesus is saying that others can find the way outside of Jesus.

edit on 28/6/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: SaturnFX

What part?

Nature seems to manage it (well, mainly water with a few trace elements, into wine).

That's because you didn't get the joke. Jesus and his disciples took psychedelic drugs to get into the mystical state. These biochemicals are known to pass through the kidneys, where they become even more potent, using the body's natural distillery. So, when Jesus told his disciples to "fill the wineskins", and then draw out the wine, you can guess how they filled it. When the guests drank that wine they got such a high, that they came to Jesus and said "you kept the best wine for the last, but most people serve the best wine first." They had no clue how the wine was made. The miracle was done long before Jesus even came, when God designed the organs of the human body, and set the distillery in motion.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

To me it is a statement that his Way is not difficult but does require one seek the narrow path and not take the wide one.

In other words, don't be like the world because the majority are dead wrong.

Be perfect like Jesus (as close as possible) and understand what his Words mean then live them.

Don't be a follower.

It has layers of meaning as does all scripture.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Have you ever heard how love conquers all?
It is truth...
Nothing is more powerful when relating to others...
Should mankind ever collectively as humans heed Christs words and treat others as we would have them treat us nothing would be unattainable...
And in fact this could only be done out of love for one another...

This is not how our world works though is it?
Instead of a collaboration of efforts harnessing the true potential of our lives through a harmonious symbiotic relationship with each other... We are instead born into a competition everyone for themselves this is imprinted on us from the get go...
Because of this mentality the ability to love others is something very hard to do naturally... And I am saying putting them before you in every way shape and form... Thats what love is...
Its why Christ said to love your enemies...
By putting your enemy first and considering their side and taking action to make things right for them can the problem be destroyed...
By doing this enemies are destroyed giving birth to friendships...
So of course the most important thing Jesus was imparting on us though his words was to Love one another...
He is the way and the way is love...
He came and left the answer to all of our problems but we are so troubled we can't even follow his basic instructions... No we can't even grasp the significance of his example of this truth as he died for us only because of his love for us...
Maybe one day everyone will understand...
Its not lost on everybody even the Beatles knew "all we need is love"
Give it a shot... I dare you...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Interesting. I heard Myrhh has psychoactive properties but I am not certain.

I do know Wormwood does. (Revelation)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join