It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20years ago you laughed at me, you are not laughing now , Farage tells EU Parliament

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Nigel Farage has his moment in the sun as he addresses the European Parliament this morning.
Below is his 7 minute speech , triumphalist maybe but words of truth nonetheless.

They don't like it up em Mr Mainwaring , they don't like it up em.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Give it up Nigel, the whole of Europe is laughing at us now, even Iceland. You've had your moment based on a massive lie. Time you cleared off you lying toad
edit on 28-6-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There was a thing about some 345.000.000 pounds or something which should go now to medical care, right?

*Awkward pause*

Yes, yes there was something like that.
Mr. Farage?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
There was a thing about some 345.000.000 pounds or something which should go now to medical care, right?

*Awkward pause*

Yes, yes there was something like that.
Mr. Farage?

I wonder how many of the 17 million voted on that lie a lot of people who rely on the nhs that's for sure. Live and learn I guess

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes, he did and he was right to go when he has campaigned against it for so long.

However (and not often i say this, even though i support the EU), Juncker was also right to ask him why he was still there. UKIP have absolutely no purpose now and if they had any honour or decency, they would resign en masse from the EU parliament as they have got what they wanted. There is no further purpose for them and for them to continue taking EU wages is both immoral and repugnant.

One of his big bugbears over the past 15 years or so has been waste within the EU - so stop claiming wages. Leave. Go back to Investment Banking or whatever......

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I'm not a UKIP supporter nor do I support Nigel Farage but I don't see a reason for him to resign his seat , we are still members of the EU and will likely be for the next 2 years ,he has a right to be there.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

when has a politican not given bogus figures. he jus tthe same as other politicans. As for Brexit. Europe aaint laughing at us, more like they will follow suit. no harm in having control over you own country again.

anyone that voted because of immagrition i feel is an idiot, the rest though like laws, trade deals etc is a good thing in my opinion. Brexit voter and dotn regret it. I hope other countries will opt out and become there own country again.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Nobody mentions that all that is kind of a show?

I read before 5 minutes in the german spiegel online, that first, when no cameras were pointed at them, Farrage and Juncker were laughing together, talkin secretly and like best friends with each other, Juncker even blowed his prominent kisses to Farrage. Then Juncker stepped up to the speakers desk and started to act completely different, said to Farrage:
"What are you applauding here, this is the last time you will applaude here, why are you even here? You fought for the leave, the british people voted out. Why are you here?"
Source german

Sure, when TV cameras and mics are pointed to him.
It´s all a big show to fool the people!

edit on 28 6 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I voted leave.

But I did not do it for Farage, or for most of the reasons he cares about. Personally, I can think of few things I would avoid to the same rigid degree as being exposed to the prattle of that particular individual for longer than it takes me to change a channel, or hit stop on a player window.

While I am thrilled that we are out, and exuberantly so, I do not wish to give that odious fart of a man any space within my head, or his words access to my eardrums, that he does not already, and unfortunately lay claim to.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

He's a grown up , grown ups can have a laugh and joke with people they disagree with , it doesn't mean anything other than politics.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

No your right. This referendum has been a political education for me. Do your own research and ignore the populist Lou voices, who like to claim they are the SILENTmajority

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I wonder how many of the 17 million voted on that lie a lot of people who rely on the nhs that's for sure

Farage has no say whatever if the money will go to The NHS or not. He's not a member of The U.K. Parliament.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Nigel Farage has his moment in the sun as he addresses the European Parliament this morning.
Below is his 7 minute speech , triumphalist maybe but words of truth nonetheless.

They don't like it up em Mr Mainwaring , they don't like it up em.

This was GOLD!

Thanks for Posting!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

While I am thrilled that we are out, and exuberantly so, I do not wish to give that odious fart of a man any space within my head, or his words access to my eardrums, that he does not already, and unfortunately lay claim to.

Your choice mate , as I said I'm not a UKIP supporter nor do I support Nigel Farage but it is largely due to his dogged determination that we are where we are today.

I think we need him there to ensure the career politicians don't try to fudge the issue and keep us in by the back door , he may be a necessary evil.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Yes!

Exactly! It is vital when any vote or election is coming up, to do ones due diligence, assuming one has any love for ones nation and ones fellow human beings, that one learns how best to align onself for the betterment of all. Relying on talking heads, pundits, polls, papers, and media franchises, is not due diligence. Rather the opposite.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Perhaps so.

I always think that when evils are necessary, something has gone awry, that there must be greater efforts to remove their necessity, rather than allow them place in society. The appeasement of such things drives the hegemony after all. But until better things come of circumstances, I can see where you are coming from!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I wish I'd just gone with natural instinct. Like usual, but I was too influenced by some of the louder more vocal believing they must know something I don't, because I was no way as passionate about the subject. I thought there was always a silver lining to the leave campaign, with all the extra dosh we were saving

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The issues of money and immigration were neither of them as important to me as how best I could vote to decrease the amount of power being wielded by a minority of power brokers, and increase the amount of power wielded by our citizens when we vote for our leaders and parliament every so often. Assuming all goes as it ought to, and we leave the EU, that will be the time to start mobilising to take even more power back for the people, by forcing our politicians to be OUR servants, OUR mouthpieces, not the lackeys of corporate interests and finance blocs which do not have our interest, or our will at the forefront of their concerns.

I do not believe that the work is done now. This is merely groundwork for the liberation of our people from the forces which seek dominion over us. For all that, I am still glad of the result.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I voted Leave & do not regret that decision.

Sovereignty/control of the UK governed by our own peoples is paramount.

I believe we possibly, definitely our future generations will be better off in all respects.

It's time for people to stop moping about the result & start chipping in to help build a better UK future for us all.

The media need to change their tune too, I'm sure the negative headlines do not help with economic recovery.
Why not be positive instead, or at least try to be positive?

Farage can be a bit too much sometimes, but he tells it how it is & speaks mostly truths, that is rare in politicians nowadays.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Obsidian303
Sovereignty/control of the UK governed by our own peoples is paramount.

Half of your own people.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join