It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we behave like animals, we still have a chance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have heard people say, "Damn Dumb Animals!", almost all my life. After seeing this video, if they are correct, we as Earthlings, still have a chance.

It seems that courage and compassion is not unique to just humans.

I post this because right now I think we can use a reminder that compassion, and the putting aside of our differences, can be beautiful and life changing.

edit on 25-6-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: word edit

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Setting aside differences and to forgive and forget the past is to love being a human. If animals can do this so can we. Nice thread. S/F

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
S&F for a very true post. Thanks to the internet we see more and more often that animals are anything BUT dumb. The stupid ones are solely the humans who for an unknown reason think they are better or more intelligent.
All animals can be highly intelligent [or stupid - just like us], our mistake is that we try and measure their ability against ours...how illogical is this?
Just because animals don't do human things doesn't make them stupider, after all they do other things we are incapable of and which are amazing.
Beat this for example:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

As long as we separate ourselves from being anything else than an animal on this planet. Once we learned everything from nature and the animal kingdom,we were once in the same kingdom, we shared everything.
Life was a sacred thing it was a precious thing..

Until someone thought we are unique and special, better than everything else on this planet.. We started to form and shape outside of our natural habitat, and we gave into the seven cardinal sins and we called it progress..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

All animals can be highly intelligent [or stupid - just like us], our mistake is that we try and measure their ability against ours...how illogical is this?

We are really exceptionally hard on ourselves. We think that we have to be special. Being special would mean you have to be different. Yet being different, is an anathema for most. How illogical is that?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Glad it wasn't a clip of animals eating their own young, their own spouse, other animals, a cat toying with a mouse
Bears Bulls, whatever fighting over a breeding female

It's all good then

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Glad it wasn't a clip of animals eating their own young, their own spouse, other animals, a cat toying with a mouse
Bears Bulls, whatever fighting over a breeding female

It's all good then

We already excel at all of those things. We don't need any reminders.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I had a baby kitty underneath my vehicle and when I was gonna save it my 2 pups just come and snatch the cat and murder it in front of me for no reason.

Karma got the pup back next t day. A car ran over his foot.
edit on 25-6-2016 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

animals, like humans, have some that tend towards altruistic kindness, others that tend toward neurotic psychopathy, and still others that lack the brain parts to function on that level.

not surprised to see mammals being kind, while still having some be cruel. I think higher functioning brains drive cruelty, as cruelty tends to come from ego. Not to be confused with the lion eating a gazelle when its hungry, mind you. Cruelty tends to be a primate behavior, although you can see it in several aquatic mammals, and some birds. im sure i've left out a few examples.

we picked up a dog rescue about 3 weeks ago. A german shepherd/collie mix. he was as shy and timid as any dog i've ever seen, which is kind of endearing honestly. He'd been moved from shelter to shelter for the first 18 months of his life, and there was a sense of desperation in the voice of the shelter manager, which turned into disbelief when we picked him out of the mass of yapping mutts.

it was those eyes. You can see the kindness of a thousand beautiful souls gazing out through those eyes. And i wasn't wrong....he is a real gentleman. We will have a good 15 years together now.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

animals, like humans, have some that tend towards altruistic kindness, others that tend toward neurotic psychopathy, and still others that lack the brain parts to function on that level.

I am not sure if we are like them, or they are like us, but we do seem to share some behaviors.

Many believe animals don't have emotions, the same way that people do. They think that we anthropomorphize their behavior. I think they are wrong. In fact, I have had enough pets to know that they are wrong. I think, if we believe that as humans, we evolve with time, then we have to believe that animals do as well.

We evolve as a means to adapt to our ever changing environment, and for our survival, just as all lifeforms on our planet.

Sometimes we do things out of compassion, sometimes because we just want a partner in crime.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Oh my god the first five minutes made me so weepy.
I must be getting my period soon...

Ty for the beautiful video, OP.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Oops, double post.
edit on 25-6-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise
My critters help keep me humane in a human world.

They are amazingly smart, and show such compassion to their housemates, and even to the outdoor critters.

We know when one of us aren't feeling well, because the critters gather around the one that is under the weather, providing warmth and comfort. They do this for the two legged and the four legged housemates.

I am sure that having full bellies, and all the human creature comforts, plays a big role in their behavior, but the same can also be said about humans.

top topics

join