It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media in full spin mode: "British regret voting BREXIT".

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

We will cross that bridge when we come to it, personally i would just be happy to see another referendum regrading Scottish home rule. Then we can decide our own fate as to being part of the EU or otherwise.
edit on 27-6-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: earthling42It also is quite natural that the EU is an overarching coordinating body...

For you, maybe. We don't have a history of handing the keys of the kingdom over to every passing army.

Which army? the UK is one of the founding fathers of the EU

See, I read that and it sounded like the remain argument. i.e. "We know best".

No, the EU is a trade block, hence there must be one coordinating body and a level playing field for the internal market.

The EU's biggest failing is being too slow to respond to the issues of the people and the reason it's too slow is that those who make the laws aren't directly elected by the people they seek to rule.

Those who make the legislation and set the policies are our prime ministers, they lead the EU and they decide on what to do or what is needed.
The EC than works out a plan or treaty based on what the European council (our leaders) have agreed up on and if it is satisfactory for the European council, than it is put forward in the European parliament to be discussed and or voted on.
The European parliament of course consists of chosen politicians from all member states.
The EU seeks to rule the trade between member states, not the people, that is the task of the national government's.
There is however schengen but the UK is not formal a part of schengen, it can decide which parts to partake in or not.

I do certainly agree that the EU is slow to respond to issues, certainly in the light of enormous influx of economic migrants.
But in many member states this is a hot issue, while about 80 percent is not a refugee, there are left wing organisations with roots in politics that qualifies them all as refugees and wants to welcome them as such.
It would be great to see the EU have a backbone on this issue and boats with economic immigrants send back to Lybia for example.
That would be a clear signal to human traffickers who make a lot of money with this.

The EU has a law written into treaty that member states may not reduce or abolish VAT

Well they are since our prime ministers and politicians were the ones responsible for this EU legislation since 2006.
However, there is question of a mimimum tariff, not that it may not be reduced.
So if the vat is higher than say 5 or in other areas 15 percent, it can be reduced.
I have a feeling that the UK government is not very honest about this and simply blames EU?
This because there is also a large list of exemptions for member states, the EU legislation mainly has to do with services and goods between member states.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
For nearly 1,000 years this country's been run by an elite for an elite and I doubt that will change just because we voted out of the EU.

We're used to getting by on the crumbs from their table and being warned that if we act up too much there will be even fewer crumbs.

I've never seen the EU as a white knight standing between us and our cruel lords and masters.

It's just another trough for them to stick their snouts into.

Why else are they bleating so much about losing it?

It didn't hurt to remind them that we peasants are, indeed, revolting.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I will say it in a different way, until the MEP's are able to draft and repeal legislation and not the commission, this will continue.
We cannot elect a commissioner, yet they are the ones with the power to draft legislation while MEP's lack that most fundamental power to represent their constituents.
It's just plain undemocratic.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Turning London into tax haven? Wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

To some extent this is already going on. There is quite a good video on YouTube (since removed, different but excellent video below) about the Cayman Islands. I knew nothing about that place , except that it was a "tax haven", before I watched the video. I was absolutely astonished to find out that the British Parliament had actually passed the legislation that set up the Caymans as a tax haven. What sane country on earth would have a legislature that would create a way for its elite to sequester wealth offshore to avoid paying taxes?

What budget debate in the UK, since the creation of the Caymans tax haven, has been anything but a farcical sham?

The French had an answer for this kind of stuff. They chopped off 10,000 elite heads. I love the English people. I've travelled in the UK and it's gorgeous in many places. London is great. The class system is subtly oppressive though. There is a marked difference between a Frenchman and an Englishman and it goes back to the French Revolution and the guillotine.

I think English people have much more to fear from their own oners than from the EU.

Did any Brexit campaigner promise to shut down the Caymans or crack down on tax havens? The EU has been cracking down on tax havens, but here is a weasel worded defense of them by the kind of scum who regularly get elected by dupes in the UK.

www.independent.co.uk... 1.html

The Government should not stop British overseas territories acting as tax havens because it would destroy their livelihoods, a senior Conservative MP has argued.

Due to the T&C I can't really say what I think of Dominic Grieve, but he is trying to misle people. Tax Havens like the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands are sheltering trillions of pounds/dollars and virtually none of that money gets into the local economies. Native Cayman Islanders, for the most part, are living a third world existence, while their government and the British Government hold hands with and carefully guide wealthy tax evaders around their legitimate obligations to PAY THEIR EFFING TAXES.

From this point of view, the Brexit campaign could be seen as being analogous to a campaign by Count Dracula to get all those annoying garlic vendors off the streets of Transylvania. It will take time but if Brexit sticks, mark my words, you will see that this is a valid point of view.
edit on 27-6-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
a reply to: gladtobehere

They are now asking for a 2nd referendum.
What a joke.
Take a look here.

A parliamentary petition calling for a second referendum has attracted more than half a million signatures, even as unprecedented demand temporarily crashed the website. On Friday a government website saw an “exceptionally high” number of visits as hundreds of thousands of signatures were added to a second referendum e-petition in the wake of Britain’s leave vote

Pure sour Grapes on behalf of those that lost.
Expect more fear mongering and i would expect everything to be blamed on the Brexit.
Great to see Cameron have his arse handed to him on a plate but he just come out and said he has resigned as he will have to do all the hard work just for someone else to step in......totally spineless gutless display,since when was the job about him and not in the benefit of the country?

There should definitely be second vote. Have you seen some of the reasons given to leave? Most people did not have a clue about the full picture. In there minds it was all immigration, which is stupid because that will not even change much.

You even had people voted leave just because they thought we would stay. We have made ourselves into a laughing stock over this.

And let's not forget boris Johnson is one of the fans to be elected prime minister . What I joke we have become. All on lies, which people are now understanding?
edit on 27-6-2016 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

There should definitely be second vote.

If we were to have a second vote and the result of that was Leave would we then have to have a third vote ?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Nice,new passport and driving licence now required at some point

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

There should definitely be second vote.

If we were to have a second vote and the result of that was Leave would we then have to have a third vote ?

Well, it's better to have another one, considering a lot of people are regretting it, did not have a clue, and voted on false lies ( 350 million a week going to the NHS if we leave)

This is such a big thing, and I think too many people did not understand. So yes, there should be another one.

Don't think we would need I third because the gaprice to stay would be greater than the gap to leave first time round.

This has just caused chaos. And let's not forget, could mean boris Johnson will be the next prime minister

I just believe with so many people unsure and changing there minds, this should not go through

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Leavers changing their minds in any numbers is a myth.
One or two in every city maybe. No more than that though.

Anyway, both the PM and Leader of the opposition confirmed the result today in parliament.
Endex

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Anyway, both the PM and Leader of the opposition confirmed the result today in parliament.
Endex

A myth, I have seen and read plenty. It's definitely not a myth. And let's not forget the ones who voted who had no clue what they were exactly voting out for.

A lot was because of immigration, which will not change much being out of the EU.

Maybe you are happy with just an important decision being made by a lot of people that did not understand. I am not

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, here's an angle that seems to have been missed by Project Fear.

Some obscure French mayor is calling for English to be axed as an official language in Brussels.

Les bastards.

If only we'd all known before the Vote. How different things might have been.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 27-6-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I don't doubt some people regret their decision but that doesn't mean they made the wrong decision , with the ensuing media frenzy it's understandable that some people will question their choice.

Having a second referendum would be undemocratic , what's the point of voting if you have to do it again because you gave the wrong answer ?

This has just caused chaos. And let's not forget, could mean boris Johnson will be the next prime minister

We are a few days in , what has happened was predicted and not really chaos.
Johnson may be PM for a short time but there will be a general election probably later this year so it's up to Labour to put up a credible opposition.

I understand the concerns about leaving but I still believe we will make it work and will be stronger for it.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Endex

A myth, I have seen and read plenty. It's definitely not a myth. And let's not forget the ones who voted who had no clue what they were exactly voting out for.

A lot was because of immigration, which will not change much being out of the EU.

Maybe you are happy with just an important decision being made by a lot of people that did not understand. I am not

And how would you feel about, say, 10000 leavers pretending to be remainers saying "We have changed our minds" in your subsequent ref?

Gonna go for a third?

As for claims the politicians lied, they all lie, most of the time.
Anyone who has voted without looking into the issues for themselves has no one else to blame.
We have each had years (since the last General Election) to research every aspect of EU membership).

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I posted in error and changed my mind and want a re post

edit on 40pMon, 27 Jun 2016 11:28:40 -050020162016-06-27T11:28:40-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So how much do yous guys think trade prices(not stocks) are going to go up across borders for industry doing in and out... what about railway transit now having border checks and delays for commuters and tourism... border gates and guards? It was sold as saving money but it's really about immigration which the uppards don't like paying for the unwashed masses aka unbaptized's healthcare, education etc. quite the experiment of inflation and paying even more out the arse in the end just wait for that trickle down economics squeezing on yer coin purses there mates... rolling around til I think I found a tumor then it's ya bollocks then ol chap.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I reckon what we'll save on paying their wages and 'expenses' will cover all that.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Shouldn't hurt much. The pound is week meaning exports will be more desirable for a while.
Nothing has changed yet and, as far as border checks go, about time. Employing more customs staff should minimise delays and there isn't really any reason to change the paperwork side of things much (You still have to fill out CMR's and a bunch of other customs/insurance forms to send goods abroad in any quantity).

Going on holiday to another country is a minor thing that takes up a bit of time at each end of your two week holiday, it'd be madness to sacrifice your quality of life for the other 50 weeks of each year just to get waved off the ferry by a gendarme a bit quicker.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Well, I'd be all for it but it sets a precedent.

Next thing you know, if we don't like the result in a General Election we'll all be demanding a second go.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join