It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rule Requires Doctors To Treat Trans Patients As Their Pretend Sex

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Transgenderism isn't delusion and it's not pretend, the medical community knows this so even if the OPs source wasn't deceptive trash... there would be no issue.

Someone in this thread posted last night that it isn't fair to call transgender people by the gender they identify as... I literally laughed out loud, what a fragile little thing to be hurt by something that most of us find reflexive.

How pathetic anti-people people are. How many times do we have to go through this cycle? Why do you have to make it so damned hard for people to just live? You never win and ultimately only marginalize yourselves. All you accomplish is gumming up politics and you seem too stupid to realize that's exactly why stories like this nonsense end up in your in box or news feeds... because they trigger you.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
a reply to: Freija

I'm sorry for your life story, I really am. But that does not change the reality of your biology. And that does not change how a doctor should treat your real medical issues.

Dude, can you even effing read? I am well aware of the "reality of my biology". I had some blood work done a couple weeks ago. I had a PSA test as it is something listed in the WPATH Standards of Care as precautionary. I also had a vaginal exam and I'm scheduled to have a bone density scan to check for osteoporosis like most women in their sixties do. I am well aware of what my "real medical issues" are or may be.

And don't feel sorry for me pal. My life has been amazing and fantastic and healthy and happy and wonderful. Nobody that is transgender or transsexual is in denial about "their biology". You must think we're all idiots or something?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
And yet more raging transphobic trolling on ATS.

What is with this website lately?

It is not a 'pretend' sex. For heaven's sake.

Why are the mods allowing this endless transphobic trolling?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I wonder how many people will die till they figure out this was a bad idea? I'm betting on 30 covered by the media 3 to 4 thousand if it's not. But I'm betting the bone head that though this was a good idea will still be on the job.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Oh boy, ANOTHER person missing the forest for the trees. (drink)

Who exactly is going to post links about over-regulation supporting mental delusions? Are we supposed to leave that to the people who agree 100% with the delusions and over-bearing government?

And here I thought the idea was to deny ignorance. Yet I see a lot of people agreeing with regulators and psycho-babble activist shrinks.

Oh, let me guess, so you think that you deny ignorance by calling transgender people "mentally deluded" by quoting from writers at the DeVos Center for Religion and Civil Society? You're going to call transgender people deluded even though there is some science backing their claim, and basing your bias on the beliefs of a group whose primary purpose is fighting for policies based on the commandments from their mythical "god?" Incredible!

Given a choice, I'd sooner believe that some people are born different before I believe the religious zealots who spend 99% of their efforts bashing other people. Tell me again, who's denying ignorance?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Transgenderism isn't delusion and it's not pretend.

It is. There are only two genders outside of some rare genetic disorders and abnormalities. People are either male or female. Their brain might be confused, but that doesn't change reality no matter how badly you all want to drag the rest of us with you.

Also I'm not religious. Using region as your scapegoat won't work.

originally posted by: Painterz
It is not a 'pretend' sex. For heaven's sake.

It quite utterly and literally IS. I really don't feel like going through all the obvious reasons this is an undeniable fact. Open a biology book sometime.

Why are the mods allowing this endless transphobic trolling?

It's like a mental tic with you folks to slap "phobic" on to any topic you're attempting to ignore reality about.

edit on 23-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Kali74
Transgenderism isn't delusion and it's not pretend.

no matter how badly you all want to drag the rest of us with you.

That's the real issue, people worrying that they'll wake up thinking they are gay or something if they fail to supress others.

No one is going to make anyone do anything. Except for some people who want to make others "conform" to their idea of "normal".

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

That's the real issue, people worrying that they'll wake up thinking they are gay or something if they fail to supress others.

By not playing along, we're suppressing them huh? I can assure you this is not a fear I have. My fear is what such denial of reality will mean for our society. I fear what our government and extreme ideologies will get people to believe or follow. If you believe a man is woman or vice versa, then you'll believe anything.

No one is going to make anyone do anything. Except for some people who want to make others "conform" to their idea of "normal".

Yes, you're trying to force people in to using the pronouns you all made up. I choose not to play. That's all.
edit on 23-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I made nothing up, mate.

Nor am I a world renowned neurologist, nor are you. I can understand though that the single most important part of our identity is created in our brains. Everything from how you feel about yourself to the sort of person you may find attractive.

If you were born with one leg do you not think you might wish for another?

As far as how the government and healthcare works, don't you think that people paying for it should get what they need?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Nor am I a world renowned neurologist, nor are you. I can understand though that the single most important part of our identity is created in our brains. Everything from how you feel about yourself to the sort of person you may find attractive.

Right you might FEEL like a cat, but that doesn't make you a cat. You might FEEL that white people are all racist, but that doesn't make it so. Your feelings are pretty meaningless.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Zero will die because it won't ever happen.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hey OP...

Please stop talking about transgendered humans. They appear to be less confused than you.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Right you might FEEL like a cat, but that doesn't make you a cat. You might FEEL that white people are all racist, but that doesn't make it so. Your feelings are pretty meaningless.

And that's the trouble. It's actually a person's brain structure and chemistry, a physical thing.

Have a look at this from Scientific American. www.scientificamerican.com...

Not that I am in the habit of trying to use stuff like this to justify people's rights to be themselves, as long as someone has enough respect to treat me fairly I like to reciprocate.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Science and political correctness are on total opposite spectrums, or "speculums", on this subject.

Science deals with real biological facts of nature.

TG people deal with being politically correct of being opposite sex and subject to being sued if YOU think otherwise for treatment.

IMO, let doctors practice their science. If the TG is female and is wanting to find out about prostate cancer....TOO BAD! You made your choice to switch pumbing...not the doctor's problem.

Let nature work their wonders...that is all I have to say. Karma by Mother Nature maybe?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

Oh boy, ANOTHER person missing the forest for the trees. (drink)

Who exactly is going to post links about over-regulation supporting mental delusions? Are we supposed to leave that to the people who agree 100% with the delusions and over-bearing government?

And here I thought the idea was to deny ignorance. Yet I see a lot of people agreeing with regulators and psycho-babble activist shrinks.

Oh, let me guess, so you think that you deny ignorance by calling transgender people "mentally deluded" by quoting from writers at the DeVos Center for Religion and Civil Society? You're going to call transgender people deluded even though there is some science backing their claim, and basing your bias on the beliefs of a group whose primary purpose is fighting for policies based on the commandments from their mythical "god?" Incredible!

Given a choice, I'd sooner believe that some people are born different before I believe the religious zealots who spend 99% of their efforts bashing other people. Tell me again, who's denying ignorance?

Their PAID psychologists also will back up their TG clients...giving them all the "scientific evidence" possible to confirm their sexual identity. Psychologists will brainwash the F^*( out of their clients so that they can squeeze more money out of them to help make them feel normal in society. What a scam.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well, it's not real. It's imagined. How else would you describe it? On the pus side, if this stupidity kills off a few idiots, I think the world will be a slightly better place.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Not that I am in the habit of trying to use stuff like this to justify people's rights to be themselves

But, you're not for all people being themselves. You guys want to force or shame people in to behaving in a way you want them to.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just when I thought this world couldn't get any crazier...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The obsession and ignorance continues.

Why believe a medical professional?

Joshua D. Safer, MD, FACP

Although the data on transgender individuals are considerably crude, clearly it is a biological entity.

Simply prut, when a baby is born, it enters the world with male or female biology—and, gender identity is biological and separate. While most of the population’s gender matches the physical body that is not the case with transgender individuals.

www.endocrineweb.com...

edit on 23-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't have genitals nor do I understand the concept of sexuality because I'm an attack helicopter thwop thwop thwop thwop thwop

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join