It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT Activist Group Stages ‘Die-In’ Outside Trump Tower

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I did not use the word pandering but that is what it could be called. It does not bother me though because there are no policies that could be affected. He as a candidate is telling them that he understands their concerns and we can discuss. I do not think it is desperate. He is now going through the motions of the party he is running for. Just like Hillary. They are both so Centrist it is funny to watch sometimes.

I am just not a Clinton fan. It is not new, it is old distrust, not even hate. I did not like the things she said as FLOTUS and as SecState I think she really did us a disservice by allowing certain events to occur. (not including Benghazi). She and Bill however do take money and give favors...just ask Trump?

A die in? Sorry, this is nothing but a news grab for the one performing the act.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Butterfinger

You do understand what the word "influence" means, right? And why was he meeting with Trump? Come on.

Exactly.

Perkins is very influential in certain circles and has some very shady ties.

In 2010, Perkins opposed the overturning of the "Don't ask, don't tell" law that prohibited people who were openly gay or lesbian from serving in the U.S. military. Perkins argued that the repeal would, among other things, infringe on the religious liberty of military chaplains and other service members holding orthodox Christian views.[23]

In 2006, Perkins urged Congress to pass the Federal Marriage Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which would define marriage in the United States as the union between one man and one woman.[24][25] He explained his reasoning in a 2006 Human Events column:

On May 17, 2001, Perkins gave a speech to the Louisiana chapter of the Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC), a white supremacist group that has described black people as a "retrograde species of humanity".[28] Perkins claimed not to know the group's ideology at the time, but it had been widely publicized in Louisiana and the nation, just two years earlier. In an April 26, 2005 article in The Nation, reporter Max Blumenthal revealed that in 1996 while managing the unsuccessful U. S. Senate campaign of Woody Jenkins, Perkins "paid former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke $82,500 for his mailing list." Despite Perkins' denials the document authorizing the payment carried Perkins' signature. The Duke incident surfaced again in the local press in 2002, when Perkins ran unsuccessfully for the U.S. Senate.
en.wikipedia.org...(politician)#Views_on_LGBT_issues

It's not about Perkins or trump, or anyone there. It's the fact that the progressive authoritarian left is so mentally Ill in their hatred for straight, Christian, white males that they'll ignore reality in order to push the agenda.

It's not much different than delusional cult members. I've been pointing out the Hipocrisy that leftist god obozo has been running ISIS for years now. Not a word from LGBT.

Let me know when Perkins buys ISIS guns and vehicles to murder LGBT people with, you know, like ISIS general obama does.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

edit on 6/23/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
They are both so Centrist it is funny to watch sometimes.

That is absolutely true.

And I wouldn't "trust" anything either of them said.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

Yes, because all LGBT folks (as well as liberals, Democrats, progressives, leftists, left libertarians, etc.) are really a hive mind that think and move collectively and all agree with each other.

I beg your pardon, I find that assertion utterly ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yes, because all LGBT folks (as well as liberals, Democrats, progressives, leftists, left libertarians, etc.) are really a hive mind that think and move collectively and all agree with each other.

Of course they're not. SJW are though, and that's obviously who I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

Of course they're not. SJW are though, and that's obviously who I'm talking about.

Well, if it were obvious I wouldn't have pointed it out. If you're referring to a group, perhaps you should reference that group and not expect us to read your thoughts?

Further, you're saying that anyone you designate as an "SJW" all think alike, believe the same things, etc.?

What about the SJW's on the Right? Just as many or more of them in that camp.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The LGBT whatever will be protesting, whining, crying and marching for as long as they exist. They will never be happy and comfortable with themselves, so they will never be comfortable with their position in life. They could be given twice the rights of everyone else and would still march and protest...it is just how they are.

Bottom line? Their way of life will never be completely accepted by everyone and therefore, they will never be satisfied. It is a real problem with that community having to be accepted by others, to accept themselves.

Quite sad if you think about it.
edit on 6/23/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
The LGBT whatever will be protesting, whining, crying and marching for as long as they exist. They will never be happy and comfortable with themselves, so they will never be comfortable with their position in life. They could be given twice the rights of everyone else and would still march and protest...it is just how they are.

Bottom line? Their way of life will never be completely accepted by everyone and therefore, they will never be satisfied. It is a real problem with that community having to be accepted by others, to accept themselves.

So you take an opportunity while discussing a political issue to offer, once again, unsolicited and off-topic, your personal insulting estimation of LGBT folks.

Thanks but no thanks. No one cares about your personal prejudices.

LGBT Americans will continue to achieve greater civil rights and equity before the laws.

You can look forward to an Equal Rights Amendment passing in the next decade or so.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Saying one "supports the traditional model of the family", is code for anti-LGBT. It's the conservative politically correct phrase for "anti-LGBT".

Appropriate that someone who owns dogs would take up the phrase "dog whistle" to try to make her case. Really, I thought you knew better than that.

Just because LGBT find the idea of the traditional family model hateful does not mean that people who support the idea of it are hating on them. They aren't so special. The idea of the traditional family model is also pushed as a potential remedy for plenty of the problems that ail the inner city too. Do you think that all of the inner city denizens are gays being hated on?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
LGBT folks have traditional families, in spite of the obvious hatred of so many, and so many attempts to keep us as second-class citizens, unable to marry, unable to sue for custody of our kids, unable to adopt, unable to live our lives as every other American.

Haters gonna hate.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Uh, yeah, no. Perkins has a LONG history of anti-LGBT hate. They see Perkins as helping to cultivate an environment of hate that inspired the Orlando shooting.

Yes, unfortunately there are also Americans who hate with passion people in the LGBT community. But you are wrong claiming they are responsible for the Orlando shooting... Are you that naive you don't understand that a Muslim extremist did the shooting?... You are swallowing the Kool-aid of the Obama administration trying to claim it wasn't because of Muslim extremist beliefs... That's what you are doing. Denying what really caused this event to occur and using a scapegoat that didn't cause this event...
edit on 23-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

LGBT folks have traditional families, in spite of the obvious hatred of so many, and so many attempts to keep us as second-class citizens, unable to marry, unable to sue for custody of our kids, unable to adopt, unable to live our lives as every other American.

Haters gonna hate.

LGBT folks come from traditional families.

But two men and two women do not create a traditional family. They can form a family, but it is not what has been traditionally called a family - man+woman+their children.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Excuse me, but you are wrong. You have a right to your own belief but a "traditional family" has always started with "a woman and a man."

Because people want to keep their traditions doesn't make them all "haters"...

I guess you are a hater for claiming people who disagree with you are haters...

Again, why couldn't the LGBT community demand a civil union between people of the same sex instead of demanding that traditional religious views be destroyed by imposing the will of the LGBT community on those who disagree with their views?

Disagreeing with the views of a person or community is not the same as hating them...

edit on 23-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Excuse me, but you are wrong. You have a right to your own belief but a "traditional family" has always started with "a woman and a man."

Again, why couldn't the LGBT community demand a civil union between people of the same sex instead of demanding that traditional religious views be destroyed by imposing the will of the LGBT community on those who disagree with their views?

Disagreeing with the views of a person or community is not the same as hating them...

You don't have any basis to tell me I'm "wrong" about anything, least of all about my family. Who do you think you are?

The divorce rate in this country is and has been above 50 percent.

Don't talk to me about anyone "preserving" their family values.

How in the world are your religious views destroyed by my husband and I? IF they're that fragile, that's your issue, not mine.

Under what circumstance has the will of any LGBT person been imposed on you? Specifically upon you.

What unmitigated hypocrisy! Let anyone criticize Christianity to the least extent and you are one of the first out of the gate to shriek "HATER!"

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pyramid head

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Butterfinger

You do understand what the word "influence" means, right? And why was he meeting with Trump? Come on.

Exactly.

Perkins is very influential in certain circles and has some very shady ties.

In 2010, Perkins opposed the overturning of the "Don't ask, don't tell" law that prohibited people who were openly gay or lesbian from serving in the U.S. military. Perkins argued that the repeal would, among other things, infringe on the religious liberty of military chaplains and other service members holding orthodox Christian views.[23]

In 2006, Perkins urged Congress to pass the Federal Marriage Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which would define marriage in the United States as the union between one man and one woman.[24][25] He explained his reasoning in a 2006 Human Events column:

On May 17, 2001, Perkins gave a speech to the Louisiana chapter of the Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC), a white supremacist group that has described black people as a "retrograde species of humanity".[28] Perkins claimed not to know the group's ideology at the time, but it had been widely publicized in Louisiana and the nation, just two years earlier. In an April 26, 2005 article in The Nation, reporter Max Blumenthal revealed that in 1996 while managing the unsuccessful U. S. Senate campaign of Woody Jenkins, Perkins "paid former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke $82,500 for his mailing list." Despite Perkins' denials the document authorizing the payment carried Perkins' signature. The Duke incident surfaced again in the local press in 2002, when Perkins ran unsuccessfully for the U.S. Senate.
en.wikipedia.org...(politician)#Views_on_LGBT_issues

It's not about Perkins or trump, or anyone there. It's the fact that the progressive authoritarian left is so mentally Ill in their hatred for straight, Christian, white males that they'll ignore reality in order to push the agenda.

It's not much different than delusional cult members. I've been pointing out the Hipocrisy that leftist god obozo has been running ISIS for years now. Not a word from LGBT.

Let me know when Perkins buys ISIS guns and vehicles to murder LGBT people with, you know, like ISIS general obama does.

The majority of democrats are straight Christian males...

It's only in right wing world that the left hates WCM's and/or is a fan of terrorists...

Atheists on the left like pointing out the hypocracy of a Christian who bashes all Muslims over texts of the Koran, when the bible has VERY similar ones..

That has gotten twisted by right wing media to mean all the fake talking points you mentioned.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

You don't have any basis to tell me I'm "wrong" about anything, least of all about my family. Who do you think you are?

The divorce rate in this country is and has been above 50 percent.

Don't talk to me about anyone "preserving" their family values.

How in the world are your religious views destroyed by my husband and I? IF they're that fragile, that's your issue, not mine.

Under what circumstance has the will of any LGBT person been imposed on you? Specifically upon you.

What unmitigated hypocrisy! Let anyone criticize Christianity to the least extent and you are one of the first out of the gate to shriek "HATER!"

Not just that even the bible recognizes and glorifies polygamy.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Jesus Christ forbade divorce except in cases of infidelity.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You have your own views. Millions of people have their own views. What makes your views right? The will of the LGBT community has been imposed on religion. If instead you would have formed your own tradition by making a new one based on "civil union" most people who want to keep their traditional views wouldn't have minded.

It is your business what you do and what form of life you want to follow, but it isn't your right, or anyone else's to impose your views on the rest of the people.

Who is imposing the will of the LGBT community? The government by getting involved in religion and imposing the will of the LGBT community who have been demanding it for decades.

Do tell me, what is so wrong about the LGBT community having their own civil unions instead of wanting to impose the LGBT views on everyone?

edit on 23-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

What makes your view right? Nothing.

What "will of the LGBT community" has been imposed on religion. What specifically are you talking about? How specifically has it affected you?

Why should I "form my own tradition"? I'm an American citizen. The marriage contract is a civil contract and States cannot discriminate on the basis of sex in the parties to that contract.

How have your "traditional views" been compromised? Have you been forced to marry someone of your own sex against your will?

You think it is your right to impose your views on "the rest of the people"? The great majority of Americans agreed with marriage equality. You may have heard we've discarded the concept of "separate but equal."

You don't have any specifics because there aren't any. No church has been forced to perform one wedding ceremony. No one's religion has been threatened. Religious belief does not absolve anyone from following the laws of the land.

Frankly, you're blatantly misrepresenting the truth when you make such claims. Isn't that still "a sin" in your faith?

I will be glad to tell you why a civil union isn't "good enough" ... because it isn't. I'm an American citizen and I don't have to settle (any more) for "good enough." I have the same rights as you do to marry whomever I choose. That really irks some folks, and I can't pretend that isn't a bonus at this point.

That's your last answer from me on this topic. We're way off base in terms of the OP.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Answered

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join