It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing the refugee crisis first hand my thoughts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Being in the UK I have been pretty far removed from the refugee crisis as in a rare occurrence of intelligence our politicians didnt sign the shengen treaty, allowing the UK to block non EU travel.

But I have had to travel to Belgium for 5 days buisness (dont worry my exit EU vote is in the post). So i have got to see how bad its got.....and its bad.

Beggars are roaming alot of the city centers in swarms, lots of homeless who clearly are not European.

Yesterday me and a Belgium guy had to step in as a migrant started harrasing a woman.

I get there is a humanitarian crisis but Merkal was fecking nuts opening the border!
Just letting them in with no control hurts them as well as the Europeans.

These refugee have just been let lose into the wild of Europe. They are in a foreign country, they cant speak the language , dont know our culture or customs and likely have no idea how day to day life works here. Thats a recipe for disaster. Its not fair on them or us.

I get we need to help but the current situation is not helping anyone.

Best idea would be to open safe and secure refugee camps in European. There we can educate and guide them into how life works in the west and how to survive here day to day. We can also filter out the trouble makers and preform proper back ground checks.
Then if they show willingness to integrate ease them into a EU country, ideally one that has a population problem and needs new blood. Those that dont want to integrate can stay in the camp until there country of origin is deemed safe our they find another middle eastern country to move.
edit on 22-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's an excellent idea about the centers, and the education and all that.

However, do they even want to learn?

I doubt it, it's a free for all at the buffet line of government handouts. They don't want your education or your way of life.

IMO.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Best idea would be to open safe and secure refugee camps in European. There we can educate and guide them into how life works in the west and how to survive here day to day. We can also filter out the trouble makers and proform proper back ground checks.
Then if they show willingness to integrate ease them into a EU country, ideally one that has a population problem and needs new blood. Those that dont want to integrate can stay in the camp until there country of origin is deemed safe our they find another middle eastern country to move.

That's far too much work and those who could care less will simply play along...camps will eventually look like interment camps requiring all that is used in prisons..

It's a mess and this will never change..this was certainly an easy way to have a one world order...just mix up the countries so much that they become indistinguishably from another...let there be multiple languages spoken, have businesses that cater to one ethnicity...keep allowing this type of voluntary segregation because what's the worst that could happen?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Can you expand on the harrassment you stepped in on? Details will help with the soon to follow detractors

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yep and the morons in DC are trying like all hell to do it to the US. Sorry state the world is in now, wars nobody will win because they wont let soldiers do the damned job, lunatic migrants causing all manner of mayhem, complete chaos. But hey what can ya do?? Just hang on tight, gona be a bumpy ride. (Ohh and for those of us in countries that still allow guns, lock and load, your gona need it sooner or later)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

A psuedo-prison/reeducation camp would be a political nightmare. And it will linger in europe forever.
Either decide western culture is worth fighting for or don't. They will quickly reproduce compared to natives and suck the productivity out of europe. They are not going to assimilate, they will eventually dominate europe in a couple generations.
north arabia.

either the destruction of western culture, war, or deportation. pick one.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I doubt it, it's a free for all at the buffet line of government handouts. They don't want your education or your way of life.

IMO.

I think thats a generalisation. I have met a few migrants in the UK who came in through our controlled route and they have really worked hard and are trying.

I tnink a good majority if given the chance do want to learn how to lead a prosperous life in the west.

But its about proper vetting and controlled release of the refugees.

Those that really dont want to integrate and cause trouble can be identified at the camp and either sent back or given over to a country better suited to them.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Can you expand on the harrassment you stepped in on? Details will help with the soon to follow detractors

Was a begger. He approached a Belgium lady.

She couldn't understand him as he was not talking in any European language.

He started grabbing her and shouting so me and the guy ran up and he ran off.

Police were called as the woman was pretty shaken.
To there credit they took the whole thing pretty seriously.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: MisterSpock

IMO.

I think thats a generalisation. I have met a few migrants in the UK who came in through our controlled route and they have really worked hard and are trying.

I tnink a good majority if given the chance do want to learn how to lead a prosperous life in the west.

But its about proper vetting and controlled release of the refugees.

Those that really dont want to integrate and cause trouble can be identified at the camp and either sent back or given over to a country better suited to them.

I agree, with all that you have said. Unfortunately I think it's unrealistic when it comes to the reality of the situation.

The bolded part sounds like a reasonable retort to the american immigration problem. However, in reality, it just isn't a functioning system. Those that cause trouble ruin it for the rest, and are rarely sent anywhere and left to ransack and drag down those in the society that they pillage.
edit on 22-6-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Well it would not be a prison as they would be free to leave whenever they like, just not into the EU until deemed cleared. But they can go home or travel to a non EU country at will.

Plus they would be able to communicate with the outside world.

Think of it as a airport arivals area.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Its getting to a point in Europe that they will have to build citys in Africa and send all refugees there. Europe is about 3 years away from going bang and the people sorting the mess out, it happened in the 1930s and it can and will happen again. May our Gods forgive us

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

you do understand 91% of syrian population is islamic/muslim - that means they want to dominate the world. they will not assimilate into a new culture, because they believe that their book is the only book, and their laws take precedence over yours. you cannot make them adapt western values, or to take in culture that is not arab.
they will be a disease on this world, slowly trying to make every country turn islamic and live under sharia. this is a stupid idea, because it would be a waste of time, resources, and money.
the only way to deal with this is to accept the fact that someone is trying to pit islam against the rest of the world. TPTB are trying to start a holy war, a race war, and civil war and unrest throughout the world to bring populations down because they cannot control the surrent population.
theres always a hidden agenda. you simply do not invite the enemy to bunk with you just because they have no where to go. these are not refugees. these are people that want to spread the disease of islam.
im sorry, but unless donald trump is elected president, every country in the world besides china will allow these hooligan, homophobic, woman beating barbarians to infiltrate and wage jihad against anyone in their way.
london has a muslim mayor. he makes all pictures of women taken down. im sure within the next 10 years, most of europe will be under sharia law, and within 50-100 years, america will die as well.
end religion, end hate, end the agenda

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I am English and voting leave but I will always class myself as European!

It seems to me that people are flooding our boarders in an attempt to follow the flow of money (in an ever increasingly harsh world), which is being drained out of their homeland.

I am a humanist and believe that we as Europeans and Americans have to take on the responsibility of weeding out the corruption in our own back yards before we can ever hope to make this world a better place.

And please don't go down the religious route, it's soooo 2002!

I like the idea of the camps... But didn't somebody already try that idea 🤔

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnInvisibleCorner

I like the idea of the camps... But didn't somebody already try that idea 🤔

The only similarities between my idea of refugee camps and concentration camp is the word camp.

Otherwise completely opposite as one your sent to die the other you learn to thrive and prosper. Plus they would be totally transparent to international scrutiny.

Its about helping them but doing so in a away that benifits all involved.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Camps are a fantastic idea, contain any potential threats for assessment, once cleared placed into a work/rehab/education and assimilation program. If they cannot assimilate and contribute to the society they wish to join they have no place in it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
But what would happen if those camps got so full that there was no room for anyone else?

Don't get me wrong I think you make some very good points in your OP... But the best I tensions and all that! a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Camps are a fantastic idea, contain any potential threats for assessment, once cleared placed into a work/rehab/education and assimilation program. If they cannot assimilate and contribute to the society they wish to join they have no place in it.

Exactly.

Lot of EU countrys are developing population problems were there population is shrinking and older people are becoming more numerous than young work age people.

A lot of these could be guided into life into one of these countries.

While in the camp asign them a country , get them to learn its language and customs then ease them into life there through day release programs and half way houses.
Help them to hit the floor running.

When released i would also give them special passports that only allow then to live in the country they are assigned. If after 5 years they have integrated and kept out of trouble allow them the option mof seeking full citizenship.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnInvisibleCorner
But what would happen if those camps got so full that there was no room for anyone else?

Don't get me wrong I think you make some very good points in your OP... But the best I tensions and all that! a reply to: crazyewok

That is a problem.

I guess you could kick out the ones really not trying and not meeting goals and deport them. Allowing new entrants.

But end of the day we would likely have to turn people away. We cant save the entire world just do our best.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AnInvisibleCorner

If they are following the flow of money out of thier homeland, then they just need to go south to Arab Emirates or Saudi Arabia.

Land, money and no culture shock.

No eye candy though, maybe its the women afterall

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
European culture is so vastly different that it would take massive re-education programs spanning years. The EU doesn't have years with the suspected numbers if immigrants set to double this year. The best solution is have them integrate into a similar culture back in the middle east. Trying to assimilate this many people at one time will never work. Take America for example. We have been trying to assimilate millions of illegal immigrants for years with very little success...

Cultural and ethnic diversity is great. Up to the point when the host culture gets diluted and washed away. The reason people immigrated in the first place was because the host culture offered something their culture and society couldn't. It should be respected and protected not replaced with an inferior model. Discussions like this are hard because admitting certain cultures are inferior is not really PC.

People are not inferior to one another.
But their ideology and beliefs can be.
edit on 22-6-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join