It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey! I was reading that!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Metallicus

I know I'm guilty of bending the rules. Heck, I've even broken them before.

*puts on cool dude shades*

Because I am a bad boy.

😎

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I understand how you feel. What I do is if I find an interesting topic, I will leave it on that page and open another window for ATS again if I wanna browse other topics. The page will stay there for you to read as long as you do not try and refresh it and leave it alone. (threads that later become 404'd)

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
Without showing disrespect what you wrote was so PC and standard reply that I wondered for a moment if you worked for a goverment. If a post is removed then in its place you could post the reasion for the removel and what T&C was broken. This would remove the "big brother" image some MODs seem to have, and lead to greater understanding and surport from the members

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I usually don't object when mods remove a post. Unless it's mine of course.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

And there absolutely no reason why you can't post a BBQ (Bord Business and Questions forum) thread asking if we could start doing that.

Or sending PMs or emails to the ATS owners and ask that.

Not up to me. But there's certainly nothing stopping you from doing what I suggested.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Thank you, still very PC but thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

LMAO!

I'm about as un-PC as they come.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Actually, your idea about at least having a message as to why it was removed, if it broke T&C is a good idea, so people would know, and hopefully not make the same mistake.

You should take Erik's advise and start a thread in the BBQ. I'd support ya!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
eriktheawful

I dunno I've seen you do some pretty wicked stuff on your PC your Minecraft game is leet. Wait... wrong PC...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here you guys go: A thread I made in the BBQ forum back in July 2012, pretty much asking some of the same things.

Read the staff response then:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

LMAO!

I'm about as un-PC as they come.

You have to understand how PC works

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

a BBQ (Bord Business and Questions forum)

that is as likely as this to catch on as this

clever though

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Funny....I've had BBQ threads removed too, just for asking the wrong questions or making the wrong suggestions

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad
Thats why i call any info from a MOD is just PC.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Don't you hate it when you are in the middle of a thread about a deleted thread and come to the awful realisation that nobody is going to mention what the deleted thread was about?

I dunno why I read threads about deleted threads... Now I'm so curious.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike
I could tell you but it would be deleted, then a MOD would have to come to your home and "have a talk with you" or maybe even worse, come to my home and "have a talk with me"

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If the Mod would make me a cup of tea whilst he's here, send him round.

Err... Mods - it's me what needs talking to, not imod02.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sorry.

Only tea I make is Ice Tea.

But if you show up here, I'll give you one of my ice cold homemade beers.

While my wife has the shotgun in her lap. Can't be too careful with people you don't know.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

The way I see it, the mods seem to actively push their own personal agenda.

My time here has made me jaded.

That would be a bit hard to do, since it takes more than one mod to action many things. And sometimes, even they don't always agree what the action should be. Mods are seldom a lone gunman. They have rules too.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

What I dislike even more is the way the jack-booted "mods" here seem to arbitrarily use their abilities to do so in an otherwise un-calculated matter. One might regard it as "whimsy".

Or one might also say nepotism. Or cronyism.

Yeah, sometimes a thread is simply closed to further posting, sometimes the unlawful portion is simply edited out by a mod, or the op is given a chance to revise it themselves via mod warning, and sometimes the entire thread vanishes as if it never existed. It can appear rather arbitrary at times, which method of correction is employed.

While I do understand the necessity of these corrections, I find it hard to believe anyone would not find it annoying to have something they were reading suddenly be taken away, especially if they found it interesting. Maybe some people are just very patient... but really? not even slightly irked, erictheawful?? Or is it that, being a moderator, you are automatically uninterested in any topic deemed subversive to the ATS TnC? Like, when you became a mod, the program in your brain governing your interests was re-written during times you are reading something on ATS?

Come on... There is being professional at your job, and that's one thing, but there is a difference between understanding the necessity of such actions, and your own personal annoyance being activated on a level you cannot fully control. A subconscious level.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join